Chicago subway train on fire

Pharlap

Former Member
Reaction score
Chicago blue line train on fire.....believed to be caused by last car..
Will give u more details as they come in..
Now they say they don't know what caused it.:waitasec:

100's on train...

Bomb and FBI on the scene.....said no reason to think someone did this....

9 hospitals are taking the injured in.......

Now said derailment, but don't know why....

I was talking to a friend on the way home who had to rush and pick her friend up as the friend was on the blue line......YIKES!

Anyone in Chitown??

Is it just me or does there seem to be alot of events currently going on?

Fire in Chigago
NY building blows up
India train blast

seems like there was more, just seems weird to me.

Brefie said:
I was talking to a friend on the way home who had to rush and pick her friend up as the friend was on the blue line......YIKES!

Anyone in Chitown??
all my brothers use that line..i better check..

turbosleuthing said:

Fire in Chigago
NY building blows up
India train blast

I thought the same thing.
That's why I put this thread up at once, in Chicago....

TG it wasn't any worse, but will still like to see the finding about this event..

luvbeaches said:
Oh my...I hope they are fine.
i have left messages..I'm sure i would have heard something by now.

izzyB said:
praying for you and yours jbean!!!
no one is calling me back:bang: But I am sure they are not involved or someone would have called me by now..i am sure of it.
So thanks for all the well wishes..but I bet they are 100% fine.

turbosleuthing said:

Fire in Chigago
NY building blows up
India train blast

We need to start a new section on Websleuths entitled: "Terrorist Attacks" they are becoming more frequent, and they are happening in all corners of the world. It would be nice if we could keep all of these reports on the attacks in one place.

The train bombing in India --eight separate, well-coordinated, bombs targeting the first class passengers on packed trains.

This is so sick, but it is what is happening in the world.

Maybe one thread per country reporting all of the major terrorist atacks within that country. The Iraq thread will have mulltiple daily inputs.

Buzzm1 said:
We need to start a new section on Websleuths entitled: "Terrorist Attacks" they are becoming more frequent, and they are happening in all corners of the world. It would be nice if we could keep all of these reports on the attacks in one place.

The train bombing in India --eight separate, well-coordinated, bombs targeting the first class passengers on packed trains.

This is so sick, but it is what is happening in the world.

Maybe one thread per country reporting all of the major terrorist atacks within that country. The Iraq thread will have mulltiple daily inputs.

It does seem like these are trial attacks doesn't it? Or maybe since 9-11 I am just over sensitive.

Did anyone hear about a overpass collapsing or part of it falling? I'll have to look for a link.

Just weird stuff.

turbosleuthing said:
I
Did anyone hear about a overpass collapsing or part of it falling? I'll have to look for a link.

I think this is it:

"Big Dig collapse prompts renewed scrutiny
By JAY LINDSAY, Associated Press Writer BOSTON - At least 12 tons of concrete collapsed onto a car in a Big Dig tunnel, fatally crushing a passenger and prompting renewed scrutiny Tuesday of a troubled highway project that is already the costliest in U.S. history. The state attorney general said he plans to treat the site as a crime scene that could lead to negligent homicide charges."

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060712...JKnMh2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

ljwf22 said:
I think this is it:

"Big Dig collapse prompts renewed scrutiny
By JAY LINDSAY, Associated Press Writer BOSTON - At least 12 tons of concrete collapsed onto a car in a Big Dig tunnel, fatally crushing a passenger and prompting renewed scrutiny Tuesday of a troubled highway project that is already the costliest in U.S. history. The state attorney general said he plans to treat the site as a crime scene that could lead to negligent homicide charges."

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060712...JKnMh2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

Yes that is it...........

Quick footnote..only one brother was downtown when this was happening.

He was trying to get on a different train at that time and he said it was a mad house. Took him awhile, but he made it fine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back