Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/15184/

OK BOYS, She's available...........

Christie Brinkley Splits From Husband

July 11, 2006

"The Insider"'s MARC MALKIN breaks news that former supermodel CHRISTIE BRINKLEY is splitting from her husband of nearly 10 years, architect PETER COOK.

Brinkley's spokesperson, ELLIOT MINTZ, confirms the news: "Yes, it's true. The couple has separated. Christie's primary interest at this difficult time is for the protection of her children and [she] would be most appreciative if people would be good enough to respect her privacy."

The couple have an 8-year-old daughter

I hate to hear that. I had hoped she'd finally found a long-lasting relationship, which I guess for her, it was. From what little I've ever heard about him, he seemed like a normal, nice, stable guy who loved her daughter Alexa and totally considered Jack his son. I hope that was the truth because there's no reason he can't still be in the their lives.

I wish them all the best.

Bless her heart, she just can't seem to find a relationship that lasts. I think her one to Jack's father was the shortest. You'd think someone as beautiful as her, who probably has her pick of any man she wants, would be able to find a long-term and happy relationship, but I guess that isn't the case. Very sad.

HeartofTexas...I agree with you, as usual. :)

I really like her, and hope she can find happiness.

Four marriage breakups indicate there's something seriously amiss somewhere. to me.

Floh said:
Four marriage breakups indicate there's something seriously amiss somewhere. to me.

I agree. I think it is time for her to concentrate on raising her children and not worrying about finding a man.

How very sad.... She's 52 and was married first for 8 years, then 9 to Billy Joel, then 1 to that other guy and now 10 to Cook. She's had some lengthy (in show biz years) marriages. Hope she finds what she's looking for. I've always liked her.

Jules said:
How very sad.... She's 52 and was married first for 8 years, then 9 to Billy Joel, then 1 to that other guy and now 10 to Cook. She's had some lengthy (in show biz years) marriages. Hope she finds what she's looking for. I've always liked her.
I've always liked her, and she is so beautiful. I admire how well she takes care of herself! I'm thinking that this last husband may have had a problem with her obvious success. Many men find it difficult to have a beautiful, successful wife who consistently outshines them.

Now, I'm assuming that the problem was with him. It may very well be with her. Who knows?

I believe that Jack's father presented himself to be a very wealthy guy, who was actually quite the opposite. I believe that she paid him off and he agreed to relinquish his rights as a father for the money...Nice guy...

I agree that the problem may lie with Christie...maybe she just tires of men after being with them for a while. I hate this for her children, particularly Alexa, who has been witness to 3 of her 4 divorces. I think Alexa is actually closer to Billy, or seems to be.

Jeana (DP) said:
She's too old for him!!! He's dating 20 year olds. :confused:

I think Billy is actually married again....to like a 22-year-old.

englishleigh said:
I agree that the problem may lie with Christie...maybe she just tires of men after being with them for a while. I hate this for her children, particularly Alexa, who has been witness to 3 of her 4 divorces. I think Alexa is actually closer to Billy, or seems to be.
I don't know what has gone on in Christie's marriages, but I thought that she reluctantly divorced Billy. Didn't he have a severe drinking problems for years and years?

He is married to the former host of Iron Chef. Katie Joel, 23.
Sheez, his daughter can't be much younger than that. And surely Joel is in his late 50's? I remember reading years and years ago that Billy Joel criticized Christie a lot and made suggestions on how she should wear her hair, and what color to dye it, etc. If I were Christie Brinkley and so beautiful that it makes heads spin, I would have taken a frying pan to his head. And while his music is quite beautiful, he's certainly no beauty himself... and he seems to have quite a little drinking problem, too. So it just amazes me to see a man like that criticize a woman as beautiful as Christie. Somehow I always picture these people living more gracious lives than us, but it seems like they deal with the same day-in, day-out problems we do.

So Basically she has 3 children by 3 different men?

Amraann said:
So Basically she has 3 children by 3 different men?

That's about the size of it:

daughter Alexa Ray Joel (born December 29, 1985)
son Jack Paris (born June 2, 1995) with Taubman
daughter Sailor Lee (born July 2, 1998) with Cook

what a role model. :rolleyes:

She was pregnant when she married Joel and Taubman, but had fertility problems with Cook then they finally had Sailor Lee. YUP 3 kids 3 dudes.

She has a man problem or something. I think she has a lot of insecurity. She is so pretty, but pretty is as pretty does.

HeartofTexas said:
Sheez, his daughter can't be much younger than that. And surely Joel is in his late 50's? I remember reading years and years ago that Billy Joel criticized Christie a lot and made suggestions on how she should wear her hair, and what color to dye it, etc. If I were Christie Brinkley and so beautiful that it makes heads spin, I would have taken a frying pan to his head. And while his music is quite beautiful, he's certainly no beauty himself... and he seems to have quite a little drinking problem, too. So it just amazes me to see a man like that criticize a woman as beautiful as Christie. Somehow I always picture these people living more gracious lives than us, but it seems like they deal with the same day-in, day-out problems we do.

I agree with your post HoT :blowkiss: I like Billy Joel's music but he certainly isn't a good looking man and he's gotten worse with age... Christie is very pretty, as usual..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back