1038 users online (203 members and 835 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116

    Stephen Singular

    I read his book right after it first came out, but I never took it very seriously. But it may be time for a second read through and give it more serious consideration. Here's a link to an interesting interview with him from two years ago. http://www.crime-research.org/interviews/484

    It's interesting that he says, "According to John Douglas, the ex-FBI profiler who examined the Ramseys briefly after the murder and concluded they were not child killers, only one parent knew that John Ramsey had recently received a $118,000 bonus and that parent was the father." If this is true, then Patsy could not possibly have been the writer of the note. But that still leaves John... with or without an 'intruder' accomplice.

    That poor child. What she went through that night.

    I don't believe in a head bashing by an enraged Patsy over bedwetting, and I never have. But she put her child (who at 4 years of age described herself as sexy) in a great deal of danger. Of that she is guilty, and she paid the ultimate price.

    "They killed my baby." -- Patsy Ramsey, December 26, 1996.
    Last edited by shiloh; 07-12-2006 at 12:37 AM. Reason: I need to learn to proofread better

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    I read his book right after it first came out, but I never took it very seriously. But it may be time for a second read through and give it more serious consideration. Here's a link to an interesting interview with him from two years ago. http://www.crime-research.org/interviews/484

    It's interesting that he says, "According to John Douglas, the ex-FBI profiler who examined the Ramseys briefly after the murder and concluded they were not child killers, only one parent knew that John Ramsey had recently received a $118,000 bonus and that parent was the father." If this is true, then Patsy could not possibly have been the writer of the note. But that still leaves John... with or without an 'intruder' accomplice.

    That poor child. What she went through that night.

    I don't believe in a head bashing by an enraged Patsy over bedwetting, and I never have. But she put her child (who at 4 years of age described herself as sexy) in a great deal of danger. Of that she is guilty, and she paid the ultimate price.

    "They killed my baby." -- Patsy Ramsey, December 26, 1996.
    The problem with John Douglas is that it seems possible that he says more than his prayers. He really puzzles me. There's no doubt that he has talent but his ego is so HUGE that it seems to get somewhat in the way of him being excellent at what he does.

    The question I would ask is "How does Douglas know that Patsy didn't know about the bonus" and I'm afraid the answer would probably be "Because Patsy said she never saw it".

    Too many "facts" have been claimed on the basis of Ramsey say so in this case.

    I read Singular's book and consider it to be one of the worst books about the case. All the way through, I felt that it was building up to some big revelation and then it just petered out at the end. I'm not alone in thinking that. It was like he had to finish it suddenly and didn't have time to put the ending in.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit 'Burb
    Posts
    2,832

    "You Stand a 99% Chance..."

    I think I have Singular's book but don't immediately remember much about it.
    I'll flip through it to see if there's any margin notes that may seem important.

    Just came from the "99% chance" thread, where it was noticed that FW's guest Bill Cox called the child a 6-yr old in the movie some of them had been watching, and her age wasn't specifically stated in the movie. I'm hoping he'll come back with the source, because I seem to remember only the guests from CA were watching a movie, not positive of that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    only one parent knew that John Ramsey had recently received a $118,000 bonus and that parent was the father." If this is true, then Patsy could not possibly have been the writer of the note.

    "They killed my baby." -- Patsy Ramsey, December 26, 1996.
    118 may have nothing to do with the bonus. It might have something to do with The Psalms. The Psalms show up all over this case.

    "They" is plural, it points to a conspiracy. I think the "they" were inside Patsy and they were beyond her control: thus conspiratorial in nature.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116
    [QUOTE=Paradox]118 may have nothing to do with the bonus. It might have something to do with The Psalms. The Psalms show up all over this case.
    QUOTE]
    That psalms theory is RIDICULOUS, IMO.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116
    I do not for a moment believe that the parents were innocent (I know this case too well for such delusions), but I'm not sure what their exact involvement was. Patsy, IMO, was nothing more than an accessory after the fact.

    If Singulair's theory is correct, it would explain the mob-style tactics used against some of the investigating detectives on this case, which does not make sense when considering any other theory. I'm referring to the machine gun fire through one of their homes, and the dead and mutilated cat found on ST's lawn, and the blood that was splashed across Linda Arndt's front door. This goes well beyond the involvement of solely the parents or solely an intruder. This case is BIG. Real big.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    [shiloh] "If Singulair's theory is correct, it would explain the mob-style tactics used against some of the investigating detectives on this case, which does not make sense when considering any other theory. I'm referring to the machine gun fire through one of their homes, and the dead and mutilated cat found on ST's lawn, and the blood that was splashed across Linda Arndt's front door. This goes well beyond the involvement of solely the parents or solely an intruder. This case is BIG. Real big."

    Except that there was an unsuccessful attempt by the Ramsey lawyers to torpedo certain experts in the case so they couldn't testify at trial. But was it on their orders or not?

    "The problem with John Douglas is that it seems possible that he says more than his prayers. He really puzzles me. There's no doubt that he has talent but his ego is so HUGE that it seems to get somewhat in the way of him being excellent at what he does."

    Especially since everything he writes condemns them. He's worthless.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    "The problem with John Douglas is that it seems possible that he says more than his prayers. He really puzzles me. There's no doubt that he has talent but his ego is so HUGE that it seems to get somewhat in the way of him being excellent at what he does."

    Especially since everything he writes condemns them. He's worthless.
    Isn't that an interesting fact about Douglas, as that certainly is true. It's as if he's forgotten everything that he's ever written. JBR being wrapped in a white blanket, and her pink nightgown placed next to her. That was done by someone who cared about her.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    [shiloh] "Except that there was an unsuccessful attempt by the Ramsey lawyers to torpedo certain experts in the case so they couldn't testify at trial. But was it on their orders or not?
    I don't buy it. I don't believe that any of the Ramseys, their lawyers, their investigators, or any of Jameson's bunch were in any way connected to machine gun fire at a police residence.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    I don't believe in a head bashing by an enraged Patsy over bedwetting, and I never have.
    IMO it's not like she discovered the wet bed, reached for the maglite and bashed JB over the head. I agree that's probably not how it happened.

    But the head blow could very well have resulted from an escalating attack/struggle triggered by a toileting incident that may not have even occurred in bed... especially considering the huge frustration of having to still deal with potty training problems at age six...

    Not only is it a fact that more child abuse occurs during toilet training than during any other developmental step... (http://pediatrics.aappublications.or.../103/6/S1/1364)... but also, Head trauma is the leading cause of death in child abuse, one of the major triggers of which is failed potty training (http://www.capcsac.org/childabuse/patterns.html).

    As for Singular's theory... (from your link): I believe that the child was removed from the house that night, for the seemingly innocent purpose of photographing her or exploiting her in some way, and she was killed at another location. At least one parent knew this removal had taken place. I think that JonBenet was then returned home and the crime was covered up by someone inside the family. Both parents, in my opinion, do not have the same information about what occurred that night.

    This makes no sense. Bringing JB back to the house is a pointless move that only undermines the entire cover-up scheme. Obviously, the phony kidnapping cover-up would've worked a lot better if JB were not found in the house.
    The intruder is innocent! JMO


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    118 may have nothing to do with the bonus. It might have something to do with The Psalms. The Psalms show up all over this case.

    "They" is plural, it points to a conspiracy. I think the "they" were inside Patsy and they were beyond her control: thus conspiratorial in nature.
    I agree.
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Someone who cared for her is right.

    "I don't buy it. I don't believe that any of the Ramseys, their lawyers, their investigators, or any of Jameson's bunch were in any way connected to machine gun fire at a police residence."

    No, I was referring to something else, shiloh.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt
    As for Singular's theory... (from your link): I believe that the child was removed from the house that night, for the seemingly innocent purpose of photographing her or exploiting her in some way, and she was killed at another location. At least one parent knew this removal had taken place. I think that JonBenet was then returned home and the crime was covered up by someone inside the family. Both parents, in my opinion, do not have the same information about what occurred that night.
    LOL - LMBO! If there were a contest regarding the most idiotic theory about the killing of JonBenet, Singular's theory would get my vote. Priceless!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Tell that to my brother! He buys it!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    LOL - LMBO! If there were a contest regarding the most idiotic theory about the killing of JonBenet, Singular's theory would get my vote. Priceless!
    Aussiesheila's done that theory one better. Hers gets my vote for most creative.
    Where is Trenton Duckett?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Stephen Singular photography theory
    By GuruJosh in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:39 PM
  2. Singular They
    By beesy in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 10:58 AM