Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call out to Jim "TCG"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimthecarpetguy
    \ did he appear out or breath to LE after such an excursion?
    Yes, I think he did to Walling. But that doesn't help or hurt the sock dump theory. He was giving "CPR" to Devon and running up and down the stairs and freaked out so he was probably already short of breath.
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by leann coburn
    Okay, as I said in another thread, there are ways that the living child could have been saved, at least for some period of time. Maybe forever. If these parents were so ignorant as to not know the methods of lifesaving, then I find that hard to believe. At least we know that Darin tried mouth-to-mouth with the result being that the air just came out back through his chest. What should he have done then? He should have wrapped the boy's chest tightly with Saran Wrap. And we know Darlie was convenient to it in the kitchen. This would have made it possible for him to have breathed. For deep stab wounds, the largest kotex pads in the house (and most mothers have them after they have given birth and things change) should have been applied to the wounds and if possible taped with duct tape. Lifesaving 101. I am not medically trained. I am an ex-mortician.

Haven't you all heard that if a person cannot breathe due to a crushed trachea or other blockage, that you should insert a straw or an empty pen casing into a small x-shaped cut in the windpipe? It may be gross, but any thinking parent would do this.

So they were in shock? Then the natural adrenaline should have kicked in. I know because my husband and I ran into a drunk driver (3X the limit) when he crossed in front of us a few years ago. I didn't panic. I sprang into action and told everyone to shut up. I cut the airbags off of his face with a knife handed to me. I felt for a pulse. It was very rapid, indicating shock like a scared rabbit's pulse. I knew then that there was nothing I could do. So I took his left hand (which took a lot of digging since he was not wearing his seatbelt) and I prayed the Lord's Prayer for him. Knowing that his hearing was going to be the last thing to go (the mind saves itself as long as possible), I told him that "we were going to get him home and that he was going to be alright". I already knew, of course, that he WAS going home. Just not to his earthly home. I don't know if he thought I was an angel or his daughter or his wife. He was only 43. But I felt his hand when it finally let go and I knew it was over. He was dead on the scene. The point is that it doesn't ever help to panic and that we don't have to. Actually, when placed in these circumstances, most people react rationally, and this has been proven by research.

So if I found my child still laboring to breathe, I would know what to try. It's what the military does to this day. And they save many lives on the battlefield because of it.

What were Darlie and Darin thinking as he watched the air come back out with blood and as she stood there just worried about herself?

I also have to add that in my experience in embalming dead bodies, a wet towel would only cause blood to ooze out quicker than usual. Were they really that dumb or are most of us just geniuses? I know I'm not a genius. No Jimmy Neutron here. Just practical experience. I think they never wanted either of the children to make it after the attack had been committed. Because they could have talked. And that just couldn't be.

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year". (dibs to Pink Floyd. Syd Barrett died last weekend after fighting a long battle with mental disease brought on by heavy drug use.) I think this quote applies perfectly to the Routiers. Give some people a good life and they'll do everything that they can to mess it up.

JMO
    some great points
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    I have always had that feeling, too, Jim. That the crime she is convicted of might not be the one she is techinically guilty of. However, if she delivered any blows at all to Damon, whether they were the ones that killed him or not, she could still be convicted of murder, so she would almost have to NOT have touched him at all and I don't think that fits the evidence.
    If she didnt' stab Damon, how did she get his blood on the back of her night shirt..cast-off?

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    If she didnt' stab Damon, how did she get his blood on the back of her night shirt..cast-off?
    when she was on Darins back trying to get him to stop???I think there was actually some testimony that said the same thing.The cast off blood was some pretty incriminating evidence and if I remember correctly the speculation was that it could have only got there if she was the perp or was right on his back during the sltabbing.
    Last edited by Jimthecarpetguy; 07-14-2006 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    They that can give up essential liberties to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety-Ben Franklin.

when she was on Darins back trying to get him to stop???I think there was actually some testimony that said the same thing.The cast off blood was some pretty incriminating evidence and if I remember correctly the speculation was that it could have only got there if she was the perp or was right on his back during the sltabbing.
    Jim I've looked at that too, Darlie jumping on Darin's back. And for the longest time I thought that is where she got the bruises (that showed up after the hospital stay) on her arms. The bruises inside the elbow bend would have been where she hit his arms/shoulder (don't know how to explain that). It would have been a sharp corner to wrap your arms around. The bruises are the darkest where if you bent your arms and held them up to protect yourself from someone, no one would touch that part. But they appear to be the darkest on her there, at the elbow bends. But I also don't have MTJD so probably not the best pictures to look at. But they do look like they were all made at one time to me.

But you know too. I would think her boobs would have to be just as bruised as her arms and maybe even her torso and legs too. Isn't she quite a bit smaller than Darin.

If you remember or come across where this was in testimony again, I'd like to know. Thanks

That is why I said theory doesn't fit with the evidence, at least not all of it.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

The only theory that was proven court showing exactly how the blood could have gotten on her shirt had her wielding the knife over her shoulder as she stabbed the kids. So we know that is a very plausible explanation. All other theories are just empty claims with nothing factual to support them. In order for the theories to hold water, they have to deal with the size and shape of the droplets, where they landed, and from which direction (those little telltale tails). I suspect if Darlie had been on Darin's back while he was doing the stabbing, those blood droplets on her shirt would not have landed where they did at the very least.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by justice2
    Jim I've looked at that too, Darlie jumping on Darin's back. And for the longest time I thought that is where she got the bruises (that showed up after the hospital stay) on her arms. The bruises inside the elbow bend would have been where she hit his arms/shoulder (don't know how to explain that). It would have been a sharp corner to wrap your arms around. The bruises are the darkest where if you bent your arms and held them up to protect yourself from someone, no one would touch that part. But they appear to be the darkest on her there, at the elbow bends. But I also don't have MTJD so probably not the best pictures to look at. But they do look like they were all made at one time to me.

But you know too. I would think her boobs would have to be just as bruised as her arms and maybe even her torso and legs too. Isn't she quite a bit smaller than Darin.

If you remember or come across where this was in testimony again, I'd like to know. Thanks
    There was no testimony at all that I am aware of that implicated Darin at all. I am as sure as I can be that there was none placing her on his back as he did the stabbing. Darin did offer that Darlie held Devon's chest wounds closed while he blew air into his lungs orally and that is how the droplets came to be on her shirt, but Darlie herself did not testify to that. Nor did her defense attys latch onto that. Probably too easy to disprove.

The bruises in the arms could have been self inflicted any number of ways, but did anyone think that when Darin came down and found the children as they were, that he grabbed Darlie very hard there and shook her and asked her WTF she'd done? He also could have hit her arms away from him if she was trying to put her arms around him.

Darlie goes out of her way to repeatedly tell Darin on the 911 tape that somebody else did it, as if she's answering questions he's asking.

From my understanding when Darlie was taken to the hospital there was no signs of bruising. I believe if Darin would of grabbed her they would of seen at least red marks.

bruising

With the bruising and the timeline just thought I would throw a little curveball into this:
    I fell down the stairs like a dummy (they were wood stairs) on thursday 8-3 in the AM and landed on my knees at the bottom of the landing breaking my fall with the door closed in front of me- wow it hurt- it was slightly red (not too bad or noticeable) knowing this case and the question of the bruising not being there in the hospital but after in the police station, I watched the knee closely to see how long it would take for the bruise to appear- I awoke this morning 8-7 AM with the bruise on my knee for the first day- so it took 4 days to develop the bruising. Interesting experiment- how long was she in the hospital for before the police station bruising photos??

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty5001
    With the bruising and the timeline just thought I would throw a little curveball into this:
    I fell down the stairs like a dummy (they were wood stairs) on thursday 8-3 in the AM and landed on my knees at the bottom of the landing breaking my fall with the door closed in front of me- wow it hurt- it was slightly red (not too bad or noticeable) knowing this case and the question of the bruising not being there in the hospital but after in the police station, I watched the knee closely to see how long it would take for the bruise to appear- I awoke this morning 8-7 AM with the bruise on my knee for the first day- so it took 4 days to develop the bruising. Interesting experiment- how long was she in the hospital for before the police station bruising photos??
    She was in from June 6 to June 8...the photos were taken June 10. I did a bruise experiment last year too with this in mind. I stubbed my toe hard..by that night it was red and a tiny bit blue, by the evening of the following day my foot from toes to ankle and over the instep was bruised blue so it took about 30 hours for me...I guess it depends on the person.

One thing I have found with bruising is when you hit something with your hand it can bust the blood vessels. Like if you have ever hit a soccer ball and it breaks the blood vessels around where the hand meets the wrist. You have bone and lots of blood vessels there without much fat tissue for padding.

If Darlie stabbed the children she likely did the same thing, broke some blood vessels in that area. Blood will seep into the soft tissues and gravity will pull it down. If she lay in the hospital with her forearms elevated she would get blood pooling in the fatty tissue of the arm, enhanced also by gravity due to the forearms raised. Like wise some of the bruising was under her arms between the elbow and arm pits. Her elbows would have little padding and they would have made hard contact with a childs raised knees. Just resting her arms on the hospital bed railings would have increased the blood flow to under her arms where it would pool.
    I think this would explain why the bruising showed up so severley. It was not so much damage to the bruised area as it was broken blood vessels above the area leaking down.
    The bruises may be a testimony to her being the attacker instead of being attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    One thing I have found with bruising is when you hit something with your hand it can bust the blood vessels. Like if you have ever hit a soccer ball and it breaks the blood vessels around where the hand meets the wrist. You have bone and lots of blood vessels there without much fat tissue for padding.

If Darlie stabbed the children she likely did the same thing, broke some blood vessels in that area. Blood will seep into the soft tissues and gravity will pull it down. If she lay in the hospital with her forearms elevated she would get blood pooling in the fatty tissue of the arm, enhanced also by gravity due to the forearms raised. Like wise some of the bruising was under her arms between the elbow and arm pits. Her elbows would have little padding and they would have made hard contact with a childs raised knees. Just resting her arms on the hospital bed railings would have increased the blood flow to under her arms where it would pool.
    I think this would explain why the bruising showed up so severley. It was not so much damage to the bruised area as it was broken blood vessels above the area leaking down.
    The bruises may be a testimony to her being the attacker instead of being attacked.
    That sounds like a reasonable explanation for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Becba

Yes, that's what many of us think. I myself thought that as soon as I saw those bruises.

Yes, that's what many of us think. I myself thought that as soon as I saw those bruises.
    It is sickening to think she had pictures taken of her "injuries" when they were likely sustained while stabbing her own children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12