Woman, pregnant with twins saves neighbor from fire

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
The 22-year-old is about to give birth to twin girls any day now. But that didn't stop her from rushing into a burning house to help a paralyzed neighbor in Albion, Mich.

Bates was sitting up late Saturday night when she heard Barbara Wellman, 45, crying for help across the street. Wellman is paralyzed from the waist down and uses a wheelchair.

http://www.nbc4.tv/family/9503487/detail.html

Bates told the Jackson Citizen Patriot she knew she was taking a chance, but couldn't leave her neighbor in the burning building.

"I don't look at it as being a hero, I just looked at it like helping someone," she said. "I knew it was a risk to myself, but I couldn't leave her."
This gal committed the most selfless act in saving her handicapped neighbor. She should be commended by the community for her good act, bc surely the gates will open wide for her in Heaven.

She's wonderful and i'm sure she'll be a wonderful mother!

What a great story! God bless that girl! And like most true heros, she just thought it was something she had to do-- no big deal, just helping someone. When I was pregnant with my twins, ready to deliver at any day, I couldn't even get out of my own way, let alone drag a paralyzed woman in her wheelchair out of a burning building. That was an amazing display of courage and physical effort. There definitely is a special place in heaven for her.

reading that brought tears to my eyes. Couldnt have read it at a better time either. Luckily when im about to give up on humanity something like this always pops up! :) THanks!

Just when you think the world is going down the toilet some angel like this young lady comes along and changes your opinion back to the good.

I am guessing that since this story has broken she's probably received a few anonymous and not so anonymous baby gifts. I have to agree with natasha-cupcake and I only had singletons. I could not imagine waddling into that house ;) to save anybody, let alone a wheelchairbound person. At that stage in my singleton pregnancy I just wanted to kick my husband in the nether regions for infecting me with the baby virus :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back