923 users online (180 members and 743 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Pastor arrested for video voyeurism

http://kait.images.worldnow.com/images/5140941_BG2.jpg

A West Memphis pastor and newly-elected member of the Crittenden County Quorum Court has been arrested on charges of video voyeurism.
    Moten is accused of putting a video camera in the bedroom of a child under the age of 17, in his house on south 12th Street in West Memphis.
    http://tinyurl.com/s6a67
    Last edited by Saavy; 07-13-2006 at 02:27 AM. Reason: fixing link

I take it the child was his stepchild? How sickening. Boy you find them in every walk of life. I guess the best thing to do is not to trust your child, regardless of age, with anyone. It's pretty bad when they can't go to church and be safe. I hate it that we have to feel paranoid about everyone...neighbors, minister, dentist, friends, family, and on and on. The more I read on these boards though it just seems that our kids aren't safe with anyone but us. It is really awful but who wants to take the chance of leaving their kids alone with anyone.

Does this make you wonder if he may have had innocent intentions like trying to catch the 17 year old doing something like drugs, etc. instead of something pervy. I guess I hope that is the case because it seems like every day the world is breeding more perverse criminals.

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.as...40941&nav=0jsh

The news link in the opening post didn't work for me so here's one that hopefully works.

West Memphis Police Chief Bob Paudert said his officers arrested Moten after his wife filed a complaint.* "She had found a camera in the bedroom of her house, and actually brought the camera to us," he said.

http://www.wmcstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=5143141

Mr Jack Moton had one or two legal problems, it would seem - although many people liked him.

and apparently the girl involved was 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I take it the child was his stepchild? How sickening. Boy you find them in every walk of life. I guess the best thing to do is not to trust your child, regardless of age, with anyone. It's pretty bad when they can't go to church and be safe. I hate it that we have to feel paranoid about everyone...neighbors, minister, dentist, friends, family, and on and on. The more I read on these boards though it just seems that our kids aren't safe with anyone but us. It is really awful but who wants to take the chance of leaving their kids alone with anyone.
    Bobbisangel that's so true, you can't trust anybody with your kids! Perverts come in any package, teachers, ministers, etc all have to be suspect just like anyone else. The most dangerous ones will be very manipulative and have placed themselves in positions of trust and respect so they have access to their victims! For years I have been very suspicous of people who have anything to do with things like cub scout leaders, youth pastors etc exactly for this reason, if someone puts themself to be around kids all the time I'm wondering why are they wanting to be with kids so much??? Sad I know but would rather be untrusting than to trust to much.

OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    Bobbisangel that's so true, you can't trust anybody with your kids! Perverts come in any package, teachers, ministers, etc all have to be suspect just like anyone else. The most dangerous ones will be very manipulative and have placed themselves in positions of trust and respect so they have access to their victims! For years I have been very suspicous of people who have anything to do with things like cub scout leaders, youth pastors etc exactly for this reason, if someone puts themself to be around kids all the time I'm wondering why are they wanting to be with kids so much??? Sad I know but would rather be untrusting than to trust to much.

OB
    Yeah, all it takes is one perv to ruin it for everyone. And they do. Repeatedly. The pedo I had the misfortune of knowing was involved with Big Brothers and volunteered at a lot of childrens' shelters as a "mentor", was involved with the juvenile probation system and also hosted regualr D&D games where he was the only person over 16. So, it's safe to say the fact he was doign that stuff for over 20 years it's wise to keep a weather eye out re adults involved in such organizations & activities.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    Yeah, all it takes is one perv to ruin it for everyone. And they do. Repeatedly. The pedo I had the misfortune of knowing was involved with Big Brothers and volunteered at a lot of childrens' shelters as a "mentor", was involved with the juvenile probation system and also hosted regualr D&D games where he was the only person over 16. So, it's safe to say the fact he was doign that stuff for over 20 years it's wise to keep a weather eye out re adults involved in such organizations & activities.

Absolutely. And, don't ever just drop the kids off - STAY with them!!!!!!