PA - Joseph Kerestesy for raping young children, Punxsutawney, 2005

Lili

My opinion only.
Reaction score
I am very happy with this sentence. This judge is a fine man and is doing his job. If we only had more like him!

130-year sentence for rape
"BROOKVILLE - A Homer City man was sentenced to 130 to 520 years in state prison for 180 counts of rape and related sex offenses.
*snip*
Jefferson County Judge John Foradora addressed Joseph Kerestesy, 40, prior to imposing sentencing.
"The sentences are going to run consecutively for several reasons," Foradora said. "I have read the victim impact statement and the effect on the victim. There are multiple victims and you are a danger to young children and society. You exposed children to extreme cruelty. You have formed relationships with young people for the sole purpose of having sex."
Kerestesy was found guilty by jury in July 2005 of rape and statutory sexual assault. The charges spanned several years with young children being the victims. He was sentenced to five to 20 years in a state prison for each of 26 counts of rape.
"For all intents and purposes, that is a life sentence," Foradora said. "Because of the danger you pose to young persons and your lack of remorse, you have to be incarcerated for that long."
If Kerestesy is released from prison, he is required to register as a sex offender under Megan's Law."
http://www.thecourierexpress.com/site/news.asp?brd=2758&pag=460&dept_id=573066

Way to go Judge Foradora!

:clap: It seems there is hope in this world after all!

A judge who used that elusive commodity, common sense. Good for him! Can we have him cloned (or is that a discussion for another thread?)

Ooh, that link was interesting. It will be interesting to see how the judge deals with another one of the criminal cases listed- an 80 year old man dealing crack in exchange for sex with prostitutes. The case is in Pittsburg, so he probably won't but at any rate...
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
for the judge's sentence in the rape case. He actually understands that the justice system needs to be much harder.

Judge sends message to child predators

BROOKVILLE - Judge John Foradora continues to send a message to those who would prey on children in Jefferson County - don't.
...snip... Ronald C. Williams, 63, currently incarcerated in the Jefferson County Jail, was sentenced to 7 1/2 to 15 years in state prison. Williams was found guilty in April by jury trial of three counts of indecent assault, three counts of indecent sexual assault and three counts of corruption of minors.
...snip... Williams appealed to the court for leniency. Citing heart problems and a need for surgery, Williams requested the minimum sentence. He also proposed establishing a halfway house, "for people with my situation." Stating he has the financial means and a remote location for the home, Williams asked for the opportunity to move forward with his proposal.
"I can only apologize to the court and my victim for any wrong I have done," Williams said.
Following his statement, the victim's grandmother addressed the court. She spoke of a young boy traumatized by someone he trusted and a family torn apart.
Foradora noted that while Williams' proposal has merit, it does not dispel the seriousness of the offenses of which he was found guilty.
"You were already convicted of similar charges in New York," Foradora said. "You had victims come from Florida to testify at your trial. I need to sentence you for the crimes you committed."
http://www.thecourierexpress.com/site/news.asp?brd=2758

without telling anyone who i really am all i can say is i was one of this mans victums and that i have forgiven him they way others should to and i can say that one of the other girls had no right to be there and testify she was only there to get even cuz she could no longer use him to get what she wanted for herself and that is way he is rotting way because she used him then when he wouldnt give into his temptations for her she wanted to get even then. why not when he was charged years before when he went to jail from one of the girls who had him charged for these things at that time and he only got 2 yrs because this girl wouldnt do anything to help put him away at that time no she had to wait and drag everyone through the mud once again years later when she was satistifed and thats want fair to anyone. so yes eveyone thinks oh thats great the judge did the right thing well how is any of it truly right when this man from a victums view (my own) had come to and learned he made huge mistakes in his life but this was no reason to be the way he used to be he had changed in alot of ways he tried to make up his wrongs in life by trying to make others lives better any way he could. If you ask me this man did NOT have a fair trial he had no chance to defened him self or explain why it was wrong. I am sorry if some of you think I am wrong but this just shows that I am deffenitly a bigger person then most i have forgiven him and still i think even with what was done to me that he still never deserved to sit his life away in prison.
Thanks for reading this and I hope some of you understand why I feel this way and why I have forgiven this man for all he has done to me.

Hugs to you, disturbed4life. I am sorry for your pain.

This is not an issue I feel free to debate with you. You must heal in the way that is right for you. I wish you peace and health on your journey.

Salem

JMO if this man wanted to make others lives better any way he could, he should keep himself away from the general public. 26 counts, even 2-3 years a pop would give this man more time than he has left.

Salem thanks for tyring to understand where i am coming from with everything i have said.

GoBrewers....what i said was yes he did do wrong but at least he knew it and admitted he was wrong and then tried to help everyone he could as for the gereral public do you have any idea how many perps there are around you? there are so many people who walk the streets who did not get the kind of time they should have and yet you dont hear anyone saying anything about them being out near kids and others so how can you clam that one man was wrong when no one has the guts to stand up to those who are out now after the things they have done walking around play grounds and schools and most more then likely now have kids even after what they had done and you see no one stopping them so please not to be rude but think about the way you judge people you dont know when you never know if the person you meet on the street tomorrow can be just like him.
thanks

no one has the guts to stand up to those that are wrong? when people scream out in court the judge gives a slap on the wrist. when people cry for now laws, crooked politiciians sit on there hands. when people tell the parole board to keep them locked up, we get scum like garrido and gardner released to wreak havoc on our kids.

i commend you for forgivng your sassailint but he will not change. he would do it again in a heartbeat, and im glad he's locked up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back