Triplets and Quadruplets to one mom in three years

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- After delivering triplets three years ago, Angela Magdaleno thought she was done having babies. She was wrong four times over.

Magdaleno gave birth to quadruplets on July 6 by Caesarean section. She now has nine children.

The latest additions -- two girls and two boys -- were doing well Wednesday, while their mother, resting at home, said: "I'm happy because they're healthy and so am I."

Still, Magdaleno, 40, worried she might be overwhelmed with the work and sometimes struggles with mixed emotions about the future.

"I don't know if I'm sad or happy," she said. "I'm happy but, I don't know. I don't know how to explain it."

Three years ago, Magdaleno gave birth to the triplets after undergoing in vitro fertilization. She said her husband wanted many children. After their birth, she thought she was done having babies.

Then she got pregnant with the quadruplets. Magdaleno said she was shocked at the news.

"She wanted to run," said her husband, Afredo Anzaldo, 45, who lays carpet for a living.

When the quadruplets come home, Magdaleno will have help from two older daughters.

All 11 family members will be living in a one-bedroom apartment in east Los Angeles. She said the living room is large, but she isn't sure what the family will do when the babies get bigger.

When the older girls are at school and her husband is at work, a friend has offered to help with the newborns and the triplets. "It's a lot of work," their mother said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/07/13/quad.babies.ap/index.html

GlitchWizard said:
He apparently lays as much pipe as he does carpet. :D

Yeeeeeeee-Haw!!! :) :) :) :) Won't be any more. LOL Can you imagine that many people in a one bedroom apartment. I couldn't even live in a one-bedroom apartment by myself. :rolleyes: I hate to mention this, but man, she could make a few families happy if she gave some of them up for adoption . . . :truce:

Jeana (DP) said:
Yeeeeeeee-Haw!!! :) :) :) :) Won't be any more. LOL Can you imagine that many people in a one bedroom apartment. I couldn't even live in a one-bedroom apartment by myself. :rolleyes: I hate to mention this, but man, she could make a few families happy if she gave some of them up for adoption . . . :truce:
Very good idea. :)

It's hard enough to get some with one kid you have to be sure is sound asleep. With that many SEVERAL will be up wanting attention at the same time, ALL the time!

He's probably afraid to touch her that way now, anyway!

GlitchWizard said:
He's probably afraid to touch her that way now, anyway!
Are you kidding me? He's a man. :crazy:

How is it one affords invitro and lives in a one bedroom apartment? (invitro costs 10K each try minimum)

IMO this is completely selfish!!! She had two daughters that I am sure that money would have helped.
You don't live in a one bedroom apt with 7 babies and have great health insurance ... SO I am wondering how much of our tax dollars are paying for these babies health care?

Amraann said:
How is it one affords invitro and lives in a one bedroom apartment? (invitro costs 10K each try minimum)

IMO this is completely selfish!!! She had two daughters that I am sure that money would have helped.
You don't live in a one bedroom apt with 7 babies and have great health insurance ... SO I am wondering how much of our tax dollars are paying for these babies health care?

Ditto...and was the second litter prompted by invitro or fertility meds?

richandfamous said:
Ditto...and was the second litter prompted by invitro or fertility meds?

I had read that the quadruplets were conceived with no fertility treatment. She probably thought she couldn't get pregnant without treatment. Boy, was she wrong!

Amraann said:

Ditto from me. I can't believe Medi-cal would pay for in vitro??

I don't believe that it does??

At least not in Florida. I just can't understand living in a one-bedroom apt and already having children yet seeking invitro.
I am talking before the triplets.
I can understand the quads just being a fluke that they did not expect.
As mentioned above she probably thought she could not get pregnant after needing invitro.

apparently they had enough money for inveto the first go around. God love the 3 babies they got.

I doubt they had money to pay for more babies. And maybe it just happened?

I saw a family on a tv program where the woman had twins through in vitro and then the hubby said he was fine with 2 but she wanted a third. So she does fertility drugs and ends up with sextuplets. He was ok with 2 and now they have 8! They were so stressed all the time and it just seemed like this was not going to have a happy ending in a few years....:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back