911 Call for "Cute Deputy" Gets Woman Arrest

Paladin

Former Member
Reaction score
LOL, was it one of you ladies who did this?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/14/911.misuse.ap/index.html

ALOHA, Oregon (AP) -- A woman who called 911 to get "the cutest cop I've seen" sent back to her home got a date all right -- a court date.

The same sheriff's deputy arrested her on charges of misuse of the emergency dispatch system.

Washington County Sheriff's Sgt. David Thompson told KGW-TV of Portland it all started with a noise complaint called in last month by neighbors of Lorna Jeanne Dudash. The deputy sent to check on the complaint knocked on her door then left.

Thompson said Dudash then called 911, asking that the "cutie pie" deputy return.

"He's the cutest cop I've seen in a long time. I just want to know his name," Dudash told the dispatcher. "Heck, it doesn't come very often a good man comes to your doorstep."

After listening to some more, followed by a bit of silence, the dispatcher asked again why Dudash needed the deputy to return.

"Honey, I'm just going to be honest with you, OK? I just thought he was cute. I'm 45 years old, and I'd just like to meet him again, but I don't know how to go about doing that without calling 911," she said.

"I know this is absolutely not in any way, shape or form an emergency, but if you would give the officer my phone number and ask him to come back, would you mind?"

The deputy returned, verified that there was no emergency and arrested her for misusing the 911 system, an offense punishable by a fine of up to several thousand dollars and a year in jail.

Thompson said Thursday it was the first case he knew of in which someone called the emergency line for such a personal reason.

"That's taking up valuable time from dispatchers who could be taking true emergency calls," he said.

<!--endclickprintinclude--><!--========================================================--><!--===============Paste story between here=================--><!--========================================================--><!-- ================== /content ================== -->

Paladin said:
The deputy returned, verified that there was no emergency and arrested her for misusing the 911 system, an offense punishable by a fine of up to several thousand dollars and a year in jail.

So i suppose she didn't get a date with this guy then? :bang:

Floh said:
So i suppose she didn't get a date with this guy then? :bang:
At least she got to see him again. I hope this time she got his name.

Paladin said:
At least she got to see him again. I hope this time she got his name.
I have an ex boyfriend who is a dispatch officer, and he said if I ever couldn't reach him on his cellphone, to call the emergency number to ask for him. I never did.

I don't think with a batch of 911 operators hanging around and only one or two on any kind of call, that this lady should have been arrested. It doesn't tie up the line when you have so many lines.

But - she got to have a handsome man in uniform handcuff her on her doorstep - *swoon* I get that, but I don't have to pay fines, thank God.

It's weird they sent the same guy back to arrest her though - they were playing into the game just as she was, by doing that.

GlitchWizard said:
It's weird they sent the same guy back to arrest her though - they were playing into the game just as she was, by doing that.
I was wondering the same thing. Heck, they gave her what she wanted, the cute deputy putting cuffs on her, it just didn't end the way she wanted it to. :D

GlitchWizard said:
I have an ex boyfriend who is a dispatch officer, and he said if I ever couldn't reach him on his cellphone, to call the emergency number to ask for him. I never did.

That's good because every phone call is recorded. What if you started having phone sex or baby talking??? LOL He'd never live it down. ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
That's good because every phone call is recorded. What if you started having phone sex or baby talking??? LOL He'd never live it down. ;)
"Ohhh I love you schmoopie!"

"NO! I love YOU more schmoopie!"

:laugh: :laugh:
Paladin said:

So Glitch when is the last time you used the word 'schmoopie'?

Okay, that's it. I cannot drink anything and read WS. That is the 2nd time today someone has almost made liquid come out of my nose.

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Paladin said:

One of the guys in our office was on the phone with his wife and somehow hit 'speaker' and we all heard 'awwww pookie, I wuv ew.....' and 'no, pookie, I wuv ew.....' :sick: :sick: :sick:

We all came out of our offices doubled over laughing. Needless to say, he has yet to live that down. Everytime she calls, he gets beeped by 'pookie's on the phone' :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Really is kinda nauseating.... Jeana, my hubby wouldn't go for that stuff either. :p

Let me just state for the record that even though I MAY be viewed as a bit off-base occasionally, NOT ALL PEOPLE FROM ALOHA, OREGON ARE THIS NUTS!

Thank God I don't know her either! :slap:

But I may want to check out the cop....let me call our 911... :D :D :D

Lynie

Lynie,

Are you in jail right now? You have internet access. All you had to do is wait for the cute officer to get off work. Follow him. So far WS hasn't done you much good!

Just kidding.

There are some real wack jobs. Isn't comforting to know they live in your town?I swore I was the only one that had some major mentals in my town.:doh:

julia said:
Lynie,
All you had to do is wait for the cute officer to get off work. Follow him. So far WS hasn't done you much good!
So, if you can't call them up to get their number, and stalking is the only option, and THAT is illegal too...

It's surprising cops get dates at all!

Ahh, we know how to be good stalkers by now. JK.

Poor officer, I bet that was date he was glad he never made.

My friend had to attend an inquest, whereby she saw this really gorgeous Policeman who was giving evidence. She flirted with him and he was nice and polite, nothing more. She was racking her brains on how she would ever see him again.
So, after a few days she phoned his station and explained that she was at the inquest and that she needed to ask him some questions, he asked her "which one was you at the inquest, do I remember you" and she replied in a sexy voice "Oh, I'm sure you will Officer, I am the one with the long dark hair, sat on the left at the front, wearing a black trouser suit, carrying a black bag", he said "err, I actually meant which witness was you, your name, not a rundown on what you was wearing"!! She didn't get a date with him, he was a miserable git anyway!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back