UK - Samaira Nazir, 25, victim of honour killing, Southall, 23 April 2005

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
London, England:

A man has been jailed for life for murdering his sister after she fell in love with an asylum seeker.
Greengrocer Azhar Nazir, 30, and his cousin Imran Mohammed, 17, stabbed Samaira Nazir 18 times at the family home in Southall in April 2005.
The 25-year-old recruitment consultant was killed after she asked to marry an Afghan man - instead of marrying someone in the Pakistani family circle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/5179162.stm

This continues to happen in Britain. it happens in Germany too.

what is 'honourable' about murder, i wonder?

Its not honor in murder, its murder because you've brought DIShonor upon the family. Its about keeping the family's honor, and if you don't, you die.

bykerladi said:
Its not honor in murder, its murder because you've brought DIShonor upon the family. Its about keeping the family's honor, and if you don't, you die.

Sorry. i was being sardonic. i'm sadly aware of how this is regarded by certain sections of society. :(

That is just horrible but I know that it happens more often then we think. Honor is a real big thing is some ethnic groups. Glad it isn't like that here..I might have been murdered by a family member before I got out of my teens :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back