701 users online (85 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Looks like war. . .

Hezbollah ready for 'open war'
    Hezbollah leader ready for "open war" with Israel
    Israeli jets destroy Hezbollah headquarters in Beirut
    Hezbollah fires missiles into six Israeli towns
    An Israeli naval ship damaged by what appeared to be a rocket
    Israeli woman, grandson reported killed by a rocket

DEVELOPING

www.cnn.com

This was my fear last night; that we are about to have WWIII on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    This was my fear last night; that we are about to have WWIII on our hands.

The US needs to stay the hell out of this. They've been fighting forever. There's nothing that we can do to help this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    The US needs to stay the hell out of this. They've been fighting forever. There's nothing that we can do to help this situation.

My son is scheduled to go to Iraq in October. Websleuthers is am scarred to death by all of this. Jeana, I am with you, let's stay out of their *****, we have enough on our plates and our troops spread to thin. I know my son's job is the Army and to do what is required to keep us safe, but this is just extremly hard on the families left back here. I still have to work and be productive as so many others do, and employers think we should "just put it in the back of your mind" while you are at work. Like any damn thing in my life is more important than the safety of my children.

I see there are many military families here, I pray for your loved ones as I ask you to pray for mine.

The *joke* about just wanting world peace, well y'all, That is all I want. I want World Peace.

Tammy
    Last edited by 2XL; 07-14-2006 at 05:17 PM. Reason: misspelled word, changed meaning

Agreed, but I also think that if we are drawn into it or attacked by Iran or any Commie countries (read: China) who may back Iran should this thing really escalate with Israel, we will have no choice but to fight, and that scares me to death.

Unfortunately, as the most powerful nation in the world, we will have to take a stance and intervene in some way, shape or fashion. If nothing else, we will need to help negotiate a peaceful solution behind the scenes.

I agree with Israel in this matter. If we had missiles fired at one of our cities, do you not think that we would take swift action to retaliate?

I think the US should stay away and let the terrorists all turn on each other.

Keep our own safe. Let the zealots fight it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XL
    My son is scheduled to go to Iraq in October. Websleuthers is am scarred to death by all of this. Jeana, I am with you, let's stay out of their *****, we have enough on our plates and our troops spread to thin. I know my son's job is the Army and to do what is required to keep us safe, but this is just extremly hard on the families left back here. I still have to work and be productive as so many others do, and employers think we should "just put it in the back of your mind" while you are at work. Like any damn thing in my life is more important than the safety of my children.

I see there are many military families here, I pray for your loved ones as I ask you to pray for mine.

The *joke* about just wanting world peace, well y'all, That is all I want. I want World Peace.

Tammy

My prayers will be with you all. We appreciate his service!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Unfortunately, as the most powerful nation in the world, we will have to take a stance and intervene in some way, shape or fashion. If nothing else, we will need to help negotiate a peaceful solution behind the scenes.

I agree with Israel in this matter. If we had missiles fired at one of our cities, do you not think that we would take swift action to retaliate?

I can handle us trying to negotiate some sort of peaceful solution, but NOT providing any troops or money.

I can handle us trying to negotiate some sort of peaceful solution, but NOT providing any troops or money.
    I do not think we should provide troops unless we are directly attacked ourselves in some way, but I do think we need to back Israel on this b/c the rest of the world is condemning them for defending themselves against terrorist nations, which is ridiculous. Also, Israel is God's chosen nation and I don't want to be on the wrong side of THAT one.

Prayers and admiration for those courageous individuals fighting for our country!

I am scared about WWIII myself ... I think that the middle east is the scariest place in the world.... mostly Asia itself.

It's so weird how religion apparently started over in Israel and religion is supposed to be a "good" thing, yet people are at war over it. It's one religion against the other.... religion and territory.
    One religion's God telling his people to do one thing and another God with a different agenda.

It's all nuts.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I do not think we should provide troops unless we are directly attacked ourselves in some way, but I do think we need to back Israel on this b/c the rest of the world is condemning them for defending themselves against terrorist nations, which is ridiculous. Also, Israel is God's chosen nation and I don't want to be on the wrong side of THAT one.

Backing Israel is why we're hated so much already. But, we'll continue to do so. I just think we need to do so on paper.

Backing Israel is why we're hated so much already. But, we'll continue to do so. I just think we need to do so on paper.
    I'd rather be hated by the world and be right in God's eyes. Israel is our best friend, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I'd rather be hated by the world and be right in God's eyes. Israel is our best friend, IMO.

Do you think our best friend asked us permission before they started dropping bombs? Of course, they knew we'd be dragged into it somehow. Do they care how it affects us?

Do you think our best friend asked us permission before they started dropping bombs? Of course, they knew we'd be dragged into it somehow. Do they care how it affects us?
    They don't have to ask our permission, and they haven't asked us for help, either. They have the right to defend themselves without asking for permission or stopping to consider how it affects their allies. I don't think we'd stop to consider it if missiles were being shot at us or our troops were being kidnapped from our own country.

I pray we are not dragged into it and can stay out of it.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast