• Hezbollah leader ready for "open war" with Israel
• Israeli jets destroy Hezbollah headquarters in Beirut
• Hezbollah fires missiles into six Israeli towns
• An Israeli naval ship damaged by what appeared to be a rocket
• Israeli woman, grandson reported killed by a rocket

DEVELOPING

www.cnn.com

nanandjim said:
This was my fear last night; that we are about to have WWIII on our hands.

The US needs to stay the hell out of this. They've been fighting forever. There's nothing that we can do to help this situation.

Jeana (DP) said:
The US needs to stay the hell out of this. They've been fighting forever. There's nothing that we can do to help this situation.

My son is scheduled to go to Iraq in October. Websleuthers is am scarred to death by all of this. Jeana, I am with you, let's stay out of their , we have enough on our plates and our troops spread to thin. I know my son's job is the Army and to do what is required to keep us safe, but this is just extremly hard on the families left back here. I still have to work and be productive as so many others do, and employers think we should "just put it in the back of your mind" while you are at work. Like any damn thing in my life is more important than the safety of my children.

I see there are many military families here, I pray for your loved ones as I ask you to pray for mine.

The *joke* about just wanting world peace, well y'all, That is all I want. I want World Peace.

Tammy

Jeana (DP) said:

Agreed, but I also think that if we are drawn into it or attacked by Iran or any Commie countries (read: China) who may back Iran should this thing really escalate with Israel, we will have no choice but to fight, and that scares me to death.

Unfortunately, as the most powerful nation in the world, we will have to take a stance and intervene in some way, shape or fashion. If nothing else, we will need to help negotiate a peaceful solution behind the scenes.

I agree with Israel in this matter. If we had missiles fired at one of our cities, do you not think that we would take swift action to retaliate?

I think the US should stay away and let the terrorists all turn on each other.

Keep our own safe. Let the zealots fight it out.

2XL said:
My son is scheduled to go to Iraq in October. Websleuthers is am scarred to death by all of this. Jeana, I am with you, let's stay out of their , we have enough on our plates and our troops spread to thin. I know my son's job is the Army and to do what is required to keep us safe, but this is just extremly hard on the families left back here. I still have to work and be productive as so many others do, and employers think we should "just put it in the back of your mind" while you are at work. Like any damn thing in my life is more important than the safety of my children.

I see there are many military families here, I pray for your loved ones as I ask you to pray for mine.

The *joke* about just wanting world peace, well y'all, That is all I want. I want World Peace.

Tammy

My prayers will be with you all. We appreciate his service!!!

nanandjim said:
Unfortunately, as the most powerful nation in the world, we will have to take a stance and intervene in some way, shape or fashion. If nothing else, we will need to help negotiate a peaceful solution behind the scenes.

I agree with Israel in this matter. If we had missiles fired at one of our cities, do you not think that we would take swift action to retaliate?

I can handle us trying to negotiate some sort of peaceful solution, but NOT providing any troops or money.

Jeana (DP) said:
I can handle us trying to negotiate some sort of peaceful solution, but NOT providing any troops or money.

I do not think we should provide troops unless we are directly attacked ourselves in some way, but I do think we need to back Israel on this b/c the rest of the world is condemning them for defending themselves against terrorist nations, which is ridiculous. Also, Israel is God's chosen nation and I don't want to be on the wrong side of THAT one.

Prayers and admiration for those courageous individuals fighting for our country!

I am scared about WWIII myself ... I think that the middle east is the scariest place in the world.... mostly Asia itself.

It's so weird how religion apparently started over in Israel and religion is supposed to be a "good" thing, yet people are at war over it. It's one religion against the other.... religion and territory.
One religion's God telling his people to do one thing and another God with a different agenda.

It's all nuts.

englishleigh said:
I do not think we should provide troops unless we are directly attacked ourselves in some way, but I do think we need to back Israel on this b/c the rest of the world is condemning them for defending themselves against terrorist nations, which is ridiculous. Also, Israel is God's chosen nation and I don't want to be on the wrong side of THAT one.

Backing Israel is why we're hated so much already. But, we'll continue to do so. I just think we need to do so on paper. :)

Jeana (DP) said:
Backing Israel is why we're hated so much already. But, we'll continue to do so. I just think we need to do so on paper. :)

I'd rather be hated by the world and be right in God's eyes. Israel is our best friend, IMO.

englishleigh said:
I'd rather be hated by the world and be right in God's eyes. Israel is our best friend, IMO.

Do you think our best friend asked us permission before they started dropping bombs? Of course, they knew we'd be dragged into it somehow. Do they care how it affects us?

Jeana (DP) said:
Do you think our best friend asked us permission before they started dropping bombs? Of course, they knew we'd be dragged into it somehow. Do they care how it affects us?

They don't have to ask our permission, and they haven't asked us for help, either. They have the right to defend themselves without asking for permission or stopping to consider how it affects their allies. I don't think we'd stop to consider it if missiles were being shot at us or our troops were being kidnapped from our own country.

I pray we are not dragged into it and can stay out of it.

Jeana (DP) said:
Israel didn't start this war. I don't blame them for what they have done. I only hope that we act as decisively should something like this ever happen to us, God forbid.

nanandjim said:
Israel didn't start this war. I don't blame them for what they have done. I only hope that we act as decisively should something like this ever happen to us, God forbid.

Me, too, Nan.

Jeana (DP) said:

Israel has to protect their borders, their regional interests. They are isolated; sitting ducks and always have been. Their troops were kidnapped, and we would have done the same thing if we were in that situation. Considering Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, considered as dangerous as Al Queda, it should have been disarmed years ago. From Israel's viewpoint, they have waited as long as they could.

Some think they are doing "overkill"; I don't know the situation that well. We, on the other hand, have global interests to protect. Our interests do not necessarily align completely with Israel's anymore, but we are still their "great friend", and I bet they do care what we think.

Israel thinks they are going to help Lebanon's government be stronger after eliminating Hezbollah's power. Syria could use a little "rattling of it's cage" also; and should have had it rattled a long time ago. IMO

This could be over in a few weeks; or it could lead to larger and more dangerous conflicts.

We should avoid confrontation with Iran (if we want to put a little gasoline in our tanks to go to the grocery store); and the people of Iran do not necessarily support their radical leader. But if they're bombed by Israel or the US, they'll begin to support that leader more.

I imagine we'll be putting pressure on Israel soon to stop while they're ahead.

This scares me, I hope it does not escalate into WWWIII. I hope someone can talk everyone into peace. I do not blame Israel. It would be wrong of our government to try and tell them not to fight. Our government did not listen to other countries before he invaded.

2XL- it has to be hard for you. I know you are proud of your son but also worried. I would be. I appreciate his service to our country and pray that he stays safe.

englishleigh said:
See, this is the problem.
When you drag religion into a conflict, no matter what religion it might be,then you can kiss common sense good bye.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back