LA LA - Port Allen, WhtFem 24-33, UP1872, under rock pile, long, dark brown hair, jewelry, Feb'85

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.us/cases/191ufla.htmlhttp://doenetwork.org/cases/191ufla.html

191UFLA8.jpg

Unidentified White Female
  • Located on February 20, 1985 near Port Allen, West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
  • Estimated date of death is since at least November 1984
  • State of Remains: Skeletal

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 24 - 32 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'5"; 115 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair, 6-8" long. Petite build. Two ribs on the upper left side were deformed, probably the result of a birth defect.
  • Dentals: Available. She had fillings in her teeth.
  • Clothing: Four turquoise & silver rings and a bracelet were found with the remains. The bracelet was on the left arm

Case History
The victim was found behind the levee on the banks of the Mississippi River in West Baton Rouge Parish. She had been placed under a pile of large rocks that weighed approximately 20 lbs. each and most likely had been there since at least November or so of the previous year. The pile of rocks covering her body had been arranged very carefully. Her body was directly across from a small church. No signs of injury were found on the skeleton.

At the time of the Louisiana Serial Killer it was discovered that there were 60 missing and murdered women in the area. Followups on the ones not attributed to Derrick Todd Lee were scarse.

There was another called Sean Gillis who murdered approximately 6 has confessed. So, between the 2 of these killers there are 45 murders/missing not accounted for.

I have always thought there was another serial in the area. There is one who kills young impovished men in the Houma area and as far as I know this person has never been caught. That count is around 18.

Here's another old Louisiana case added to NamUs last month.

She seems to fit reasonably close to Port Allen Jane Doe.

Alma Louise O'Con
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10862/2/
2767069310045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2020852230045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Positives:
* Her height (5'3" to 5'6") is good (UID est. 5'3")
* Her age (34-35) is just above the UID's age estimate (25-33)
* She has moderately long dark hair (as does the UID)
* The resemblance to the reconstruction is strong - Smallish Chin, broad temples.

Negatives:
* The timeline (about 4 1/2 years) is probably a little long. The skeletal remains were estimated to have been there for several months.
* Shreveport LA is about 250 miles from Port Allen.

The above photo is cropped, But in the NamUs photo, She appears to be wearing a bracelet or watch on her left wrist. But it appears to be broader than the bracelet shown in the UID's DoeNet Page. The photo is not clear enough to see if she is wearing rings.

What do you think about Annette Vail as a possibility?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vail_annette.html

She went missing in October 1984 (thier estimates for the UID are November 1984)
The weight is an exact match
Her facial features (especially chin) seem to be a good match

She is a little younger than the estimate for age but overall I think she's a good possibility and she's not listed as a rule out.

The most telling of the information states that she was last seen in Sulphur, Louisiana...

Attachments

• 85-01.jpg
    85-01.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 32
  • vail_annette.jpg
    vail_annette.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 32
This is my first time trying this so forgive me if I am way off but what about Pamela Neal. She is missing from Colorado but I guess, depending upon the circumstances, she could be in Louisiana. She was said to be wearing turquoise ring and bracelet and the height and weight matches. Age is close....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/neal_pamela.html

This is my first time trying this so forgive me if I am way off but what about Pamela Neal. She is missing from Colorado but I guess, depending upon the circumstances, she could be in Louisiana. She was said to be wearing turquoise ring and bracelet and the height and weight matches. Age is close....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/neal_pamela.html

Missing sine 1983.
Turquoise jewelry
Age 22.

could be!

She fits the basic description. Nothing here seems to rule her out. If Pamela had a rib deformity similar to what is described of the Jane Doe, I would think that they would mention it. But often important info such as that is left out.

And I don't see that strong of a resemblance to the recon. The Jane Doe has narrow eyes and an average vertical-length of her nose, Pamela's are somewhat wide-set, and she has a very short nose. But I don't like to rely too much on recons because I've seen many of them that are way off. The Porchlight USA website has a section called "ID Comparisons", where facial reconstructions for the formerly unidentified are compared to the photos of the persons before they went missing. Some are quite close, but others are completely off.

The time line is a little long, unless we are making the case that she might have been held prisoner and transported to Louisiana. There's nothing in her narrative that would rule that out.

All in all, I would say probably not. But if you feel strongly enough about it, don't let me keep you from running with it.

:eek:fftopic:
The fact that Pamela was missing in 1983 and was wearing a turquoise ring caught my attention because there is a current discussion on the Janice Younger thread in the 1980's missing persons forum. There was a discussion of a Jane Doe found in 1983 in Shell Knob Missouri who may have been ID'd as Janice, though Janice's sister isn't sure whether to believe it. She says that a turquoise ring and a sandal that did not belong to Janice were found with the remains, and that she believed the Jane Doe was much shorter than Janice. (Nearly 30 years later, she is still trying to get resolution and is getting no cooperation from law enforcement).

No, I'm not ready to go there with the theory that the Shell Knob Jane Doe is actually Pamela Neal, but the bit about 1983 and a turquoise ring got the gears in my head turning. :)

She fits the basic description. Nothing here seems to rule her out. If Pamela had a rib deformity similar to what is described of the Jane Doe, I would think that they would mention it. But often important info such as that is left out.

And I don't see that strong of a resemblance to the recon. The Jane Doe has narrow eyes and an average vertical-length of her nose, Pamela's are somewhat wide-set, and she has a very short nose. But I don't like to rely too much on recons because I've seen many of them that are way off. The Porchlight USA website has a section called "ID Comparisons", where facial reconstructions for the formerly unidentified are compared to the photos of the persons before they went missing. Some are quite close, but others are completely off.

The time line is a little long, unless we are making the case that she might have been held prisoner and transported to Louisiana. There's nothing in her narrative that would rule that out.

All in all, I would say probably not. But if you feel strongly enough about it, don't let me keep you from running with it.

The fact that Pamela was missing in 1983 and was wearing a turquoise ring caught my attention because there is a current discussion on the Janice Younger thread in the 1980's missing persons forum. There was a discussion of a Jane Doe found in 1983 in Shell Knob Missouri who may have been ID'd as Janice, though Janice's sister isn't sure whether to believe it. She says that a turquoise ring and a sandal that did not belong to Janice were found with the remains, and that she believed the Jane Doe was much shorter than Janice. (Nearly 30 years later, she is still trying to get resolution and is getting no cooperation from law enforcement).

No, I'm not ready to go there with the theory that the Shell Knob Jane Doe is actually Pamela Neal, but the bit about 1983 and a turquoise ring got the gears in my head turning. :)

OT -May I please ask you.Do you have more information or where I can find information on the Jane Doe you just mentioned.Jane Doe found in 1983 in Shell Knob Missouri.What date was she found?

OT -May I please ask you.Do you have more information or where I can find information on the Jane Doe you just mentioned.Jane Doe found in 1983 in Shell Knob Missouri.What date was she found?

You can get everything that we know about the Shell Knob Jane Doe over on the Janice Younger thread.

SPOTLIGHT CASE MO - Janice Younger 18, July 1981 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Her sister didn't indicate the exact date. She just said 1983.

The body was supposedly ID'd as Janice. But they never released the bones to the family (they've been lost, found, and lost again), they never gave the family a death certificate, and the remains were found with rings and clothing that did not belong to Janice. I would guess that the body is Janice, and LE has just been bungling around for 30 years. But I am not presuming that as an established fact.

You can get everything that we know about the Shell Knob Jane Doe over on the Janice Younger thread.

SPOTLIGHT CASE MO - Janice Younger 18, July 1981 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The body was supposedly ID'd as Janice. But they never released the bones to the family (they've been lost, found, and lost again), they never gave the family a death certificate, and the remains were found with rings and clothing that did not belong to Janice. I would guess that the body is Janice, and LE has just been bungling around for 30 years.

Ok.Thank you very much.

picture comparison

Attachments

• JRClement.jpg
    JRClement.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 116
  • 191UFLA9.jpg
    191UFLA9.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 114
Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Susan Cappel 1962 Ohio
Paulette Jaster 1954 Michigan
Patricia Kelley 1958 Tennessee
Elizabeth Maggard 1961 Kentucky
Sharon McCully 1959 Texas
Eleanor Parker 1962 Louisiana
Babette Phillips 1959 Louisiana
Amber Scholz 1960 Wyoming
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Annette Vail 1965 Oklahoma

https://identifyus.org/cases/1872

A long shot here, but the UID could be Sandra Faye Thompson (nee Norman), missing from
Jacksonville, Florida.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/norman_sandra.html

The main reason I'm suggesting this match is due to the fact that Interstate 10 (which begins in Jacksonville) passes right through Port Allen, Louisiana. The hair, general face structure and height and weight match, but unfortunately there are very few details available in the MP's case file.

I know this is a long distance from where the MP was last to be know, however anything is possible.

Any one else seem facial similarities with UID 1522DFCA and Rhonda Lynn Yocom

191UFLA9.jpgyocum_rhonda.jpg

Missing Since: February 11, 1985
Location Last Seen: Oroville, Butte County, California
Race: Asian (Filipino)
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Additional Personal Items: Possibly wearing turquoise rings, a silver chain with a unicorn pendant, and earrings.

----------------------------------------------
UID 191UFLA

Date Found: February 20, 1985 near Port Allen, West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
Estimated age: 24-33 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'5"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair, 6-8" long. Petite build. Two ribs on the upper left side were deformed, probably the result of a birth defect.
Dentals: Available. Amalgam fillings on teeth #2,3,14,15,19,30 and 31.
Clothing: Four turquoise & silver rings and a bracelet were found with the remains. The bracelet was on the left arm.

I know this is a long distance from where the MP was last to be know, however anything is possible.

Any one else seem facial similarities with UID 1522DFCA and Rhonda Lynn Yocom

View attachment 103901View attachment 103902

Missing Since: February 11, 1985
Location Last Seen: Oroville, Butte County, California
Race: Asian (Filipino)
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Additional Personal Items: Possibly wearing turquoise rings, a silver chain with a unicorn pendant, and earrings.

----------------------------------------------
UID 191UFLA

Date Found: February 20, 1985 near Port Allen, West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
Estimated age: 24-33 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'5"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair, 6-8" long. Petite build. Two ribs on the upper left side were deformed, probably the result of a birth defect.
Dentals: Available. Amalgam fillings on teeth #2,3,14,15,19,30 and 31.
Clothing: Four turquoise & silver rings and a bracelet were found with the remains. The bracelet was on the left arm.

The devil is in the details on this match up, read the article way to fast the estimated time of death is at least 3 months prior to her finding. Back to the drawing board

Something that has bugged me about this case is the jewelry description ...

Only 1 seems to be turquoise, those short statement descriptions can make a huge difference in matching a Jane Doe

Ring # 1 - Oval cut stone which appears to be turquoise
191UFLA5.jpg

Ring # 2 - Double heart ring with possibly a stone on each heart its very hard to tell
191UFLA4.jpg

Ring # 3 - Single dark colored pearl inset in what appears to be a flower.
191UFLA6.jpg

Ring # 4 - Round cut antique ring ? IMO it looks as thou it could be a wedding ring or possibly an art deco style ring
its hard to tell from this grainy pictures
191UFLA7.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck