MA MA - Deanna Cremin, 17, Somerville, 29 Mar 1995

jnjcourier

Reaction score
Please get involved, Deanna's family is pleading for your help in drawing attention to her case. Please help us show Deanna is not going to be easily forgotton! This website will give you any information you may need http://deannacremin.bravehost.com

Online Petition

Official Website
Deanna was a gentle,caring,giving young girl who was murdered 2 blocks from being safely in her home. Someone violently ripped her away and there is evidence and DNA. What we need is to pressure the DA's office, and the police to open the investigation. There is too much that was not done, that must be done. We don't care about the past mistakes, we jsut want them ammended and the investigation done right. The DA was confident in 2004, after 10 years, that they would finally make an arrest. They held a press conference and annonced as much, yet we have no answers.Please get involved and help to ease the pain, show then people do care. Thank You!!

ChristineandDeanna3.jpg

Here's the UM site with more information:

http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm444678.html

On a side note, has anyone questioned the boyfriend's friends? I highly doubt that if he killed her he would keep it to himself. I think he would've told someone. And how about the place he got food from? He may have had receipts but that doens't mean he was there when the food was delivered. Maybe the food delivery person remembers something? How about the friend he went to see that night? Maybe they can be pressured into talking?

His best friend Jay L was questioned along with him in front of a grand jury, we were told that they took the 5th by someone who worked in the courthouse.

I cant even get the police, or DA to return phne calls, email, or letters. I wanted to go over everything, and also find out why they announced they woul have an arrest in 2004, but then left my Aunt and family hanging. They are either backed up, or totally ignoring me.It has been a month and a half.

jnjcourier said:
I cant even get the police, or DA to return phne calls, email, or letters. I wanted to go over everything, and also find out why they announced they woul have an arrest in 2004, but then left my Aunt and family hanging. They are either backed up, or totally ignoring me.It has been a month and a half.
that's shocking, maybe you should go national on this through papers etc? :twocents:

i've signed it for you

I also signed the petition and shared with friends as well. She was a really beautiful girl, what a tragedy.

I just wanted to say Thank You to anyone who helped and/or signed the petition. I also wanted to update this it has been a while. I became very busy and lost track of some things. There was a march for Deanna in October of 2006. It was very succesful and hopefully we will have another this year. Maybe we will have answers by then. It will be 12 years in March and it has been too long. Someone needs to pay for this and Deanna's family and friends will not rest until that day comes. We know there is scientific evidence, possibly a witness, and people that Deanna's murderer confessed to. I highly doubt he covered Deanna's murder up by himself, it's not very likely. Someone out there knows something and hopefully they have a conscience and will come forward. How can anyone live with themselves knowing this information. I know the day will come, the only question is when it will come. Deanna would be turning 29 this March, God only knows what her life would have been like had she not been robbed of it. I wish those of you who never knew her got the chance. She was such a wonderful person, always smiling and sweet. Thanks for all your help.

This is such a sad story.I hope justice is served soon and you family can find peace.

Poor Deanna, what a beautiful Girl. I pray that justice is served, and soon!

jnjcourier said:
I just wanted to say Thank You to anyone who helped and/or signed the petition. I also wanted to update this it has been a while. I became very busy and lost track of some things. There was a march for Deanna in October of 2006. It was very succesful and hopefully we will have another this year. Maybe we will have answers by then. It will be 12 years in March and it has been too long. Someone needs to pay for this and Deanna's family and friends will not rest until that day comes. We know there is scientific evidence, possibly a witness, and people that Deanna's murderer confessed to. I highly doubt he covered Deanna's murder up by himself, it's not very likely. Someone out there knows something and hopefully they have a conscience and will come forward. How can anyone live with themselves knowing this information. I know the day will come, the only question is when it will come. Deanna would be turning 29 this March, God only knows what her life would have been like had she not been robbed of it. I wish those of you who never knew her got the chance. She was such a wonderful person, always smiling and sweet. Thanks for all your help.
I read that deanna was found outside but I cannot find out anything else, how do you think it was covered up? Do you mean by getting rid of evidence or covering up by not saying anything to anyone? I am sorry I am confused.

Somerville mayor seeks justice for Deanna Cremin
Posted by Juan Cajigas Jimenez September 26, 2013 03:00 PM

By Joseph A. Curtatone, Mayor of Somerville

Someone knows. Eighteen years have passed since the murder of Deanna Cremin. Seasons have come and gone without justice for a Somerville High School student who loved children, became the neighborhood babysitter, who worked with third graders, volunteered her time with special needs students and aspired to become a preschool teacher. The person who assaulted and killed Deanna three days after her 17th birthday robbed a young woman, her family and this community of a brilliant life that had touched so many others and held such promise for a future that cruelly will never come. Our grief does not subside but relentlessly aches as the years pass, fueled by the terrible knowledge of one fact: Someone knows who killed Deanna Cremin.

The phones in the Somerville Police Department and Middlesex District Attorney’s Office sit in wait, every ring a faint signal of hope that somewhere, someone knows. Anyone with information regarding Deanna’s murder can confidentially contact the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office at 617-679-6660, the Somerville Police at 617-625-1600 or anonymously text a tip to the police at TIP411 with subject 617SPD. One tip. One moment. It’s all we need.

Deanna was murdered the night of March 29, 1995. She had been walking home from her boyfriend’s house, who said he walked her halfway home. Around 8 a.m. the following morning, two girls that Deanna previously babysat found her body behind a senior housing complex on Jaques Street. She had been strangled and sexually assaulted, according to the autopsy, and left lying in the open. Deanna was less than a block from home.

The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office released a description and composite sketch of a man seen near where Deanna was found, wanting to question him in connection with Deanna’s murder, describing him as between 40 and 45 years old, between 5-foot-9 and 5-foot-11 and between 160 and 170 pounds. No arrest was made. Somerville Police identified three separate persons of interest. No charges were filed. Days became weeks, weeks became months, months became years. Deanna’s murderer walks free. (Continued at the link)
Somerville's Deanna Cremin joins Garden of Peace memorial
By Terri Ogan, Globe Correspondent
Posted by Jarret Bencks September 20, 2013 08:16 AM

One of those readers was Katherine Cremin, of Somerville, who attended to honor her daughter Deanna, who was killed in 1995 at the age of 17. Her murder case remains unsolved, and on Thursday night, Deanna’s name was added to the hundreds of other slaying victims.

“For me tonight, getting her name out here, is an honor,” Cremin said. “It’s a bittersweet ceremony that my daughter’s name lives on forever. But for me, it’s also to let the killer know that we are not giving up and we are coming after him. There’s a murderer walking among us and it’s an unsafe world and he attacked my family, and I want him off the street.”

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...hout-deanna/Fwtdw8hQC3mopC5VQp9wyK/story.html

Deanna’s friends and family describe Tommy LeBlanc as quiet and withdrawn. Bevans met him only once, when he drove her and Deanna to a baby shower. “He was very quiet, it was a long ride,” Bevans says. “Me and Deanna spent most of it catching up and just being silly. But he didn’t really say much”...

St. Patrick’s Day was one of Deanna’s favorite holidays. “A big thing in Somerville is Irish, Irish everything,” Bevans says. Bevans remembers Deanna’s last St. Patrick’s Day, when they went to a party together. Deanna had burned herself tanning, and Bevans kept poking the sore spot. The next time Bevans saw Deanna, she was on the news. “I just remember seeing, in the body bag, a little shape of her knee”...

Katherine says she hasn’t seen or heard from LeBlanc since 1997. Two months after Deanna’s murder, The Boston Globe reported, LeBlanc’s mother took out a restraining order against him. Her lawyer told the paper that he had “a pretty bad temper” and “mood swings.” She also said it “was not related to the Cremin case.”

There was also an article in the 3/29/2015 Boston Herald...
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/03/new_clue_found_in_unsolved_1995_slaying_of_deanna_cremin
New clue found in unsolved 1995 slaying of Deanna Cremin

Sunday, March 29, 2015
Erica Moura

A grieving Somerville mother’s hopes have been renewed after authorities said this week there’s a new clue in the case of her teenage daughter found murdered 20 years ago tomorrow.

“Maybe this is the year,” said Katherine Cremin. “March is a very difficult time. We deal with it the best we can.”

Deanna Cremin last spoke to her mother on March 29, 1995, over the phone. They ended the conversation with “I love you.”

Her body was found the next day less than a block from her Jacques Street home, four days after her 17th birthday. She had been strangled and sexually assaulted.

“The case is still an open and very active investigation,” said Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan, who added that within the past six months, “Let’s just say there’s been, very recently, there’s been some advances in the case.” Ryan would not comment further.

i live in Somerville and saw a new reward sign up for information on Deanna's murder out on Temple St. made me very sad to think that her mom still doesn't know what happened to her daughter. so i thought i'd bump the thread. i'll try to look up some things later today hopefully and see if i can find anything interesting.

She was sexually assaulted so I winder if they found DNA that didn't match her boyfriend and that's why he seems to be off the radar?

She was sexually assaulted so I winder if they found DNA that didn't match her boyfriend and that's why he seems to be off the radar?

yeah to be honest i'm still not even clear on whether they actually ever RAN the forensics. Coakley said they finally would a few years back but i still can't tell if they actually did. i'm using a hotspot right now but i'm hoping when i have wifi i can look through news articles and whatnot from 1995 and see what case details i can pull up.

yeah to be honest i'm still not even clear on whether they actually ever RAN the forensics. Coakley said they finally would a few years back but i still can't tell if they actually did. i'm using a hotspot right now but i'm hoping when i have wifi i can look through news articles and whatnot from 1995 and see what case details i can pull up.
I tried looking for anything and I just pretty much got the same story with each one I found. Nothing! [emoji53]

These kinds of cases suck when it seems like LE could care a little more.

could this case be at all related to edward obrien the teen who killed the mother of his best friend in somerville the same year, has he ever been looked into? maybe he ran into deanna that night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back