Identified! CO - Douglas Co, Hwy 67 near Horse Creek, WhtFem 13-20, 154UFCO, Jun'93 - Rebecca ‘Becky’ Redeker

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/154ufco.html

154UFCO1.jpg

Unidentified White Female

• Discovered on June 15, 1993 in Douglas County, Colorado.
  • Authorities believe that she died after being hit in the head.
  • She was estimated to have been deceased since June 12 or 13, 1993.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 13 - 20 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" (170 cm); 140-160 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length, light brown / blonde hair, could have been dyed to achieve the lighter color. Unknown eye color. Stocky build with large breasts and large hips. Approximate shoe size 6 or 7. Fingernails that were either cut or chewed very short.
  • Dentals: Dental charts available. She had no dental work or cavities.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a black short-sleeve Harley-Davidson T-shirt.
  • Jewelry: A gold pinkie ring (not a full circle ring) on her left hand. A gold necklace with a black stone pendant cut like a long crystal, a gold necklace with a pendant consisting of wizards hands holding a spherical brown tiger eye, and a stud earring with a clear glass stone in her left ear.
  • Other: She may be a runaway from Louisiana.
  • Fingerprints: Available
Case History
The partially clad and decomposing body of a young girl was discovered in southwest Douglas County in the Pike San Isabel National Forest, between Woodland Park and Deckers off Highway 67, in a makeshift campsite by a hiker at the Rainbow Falls Campground. Investigators believe the victim may have been dumped in the spot where her body was found. The victim's body was found within days of a nearby convention of the Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club that met June 12 -13, at the Horse Creek campground south of Deckers. Investigators said they have not been able to determine if the victim had any association to that group.
Investigators believe the victim may have been dumped in the spot where her body was found. She was found half nude, wearing only a black short sleeve Harley Davidson t-shirt and some unique jewelry.
At the time of the initial investigation in 1993, investigators believed the victim to be between 15-19 years old. Since the discovery of her body, several forensic examinations have been conducted and additionally, a series of anthropological reconstructions of the victim's skull have been conducted in an effort to determine her appearance, age, and identity. After the most recent forensic examination of her skull, investigators now believe the victim to be 13 to 20 years old.
No trace of illegal drugs were found in her body, and investigators found no evidence of sexual assault by intercourse, however they have not ruled out the possibility of non-intercourse sexual assault/contact.
Investigators found characteristics that indicated she might have been very well cared for prior to her death. For instance, she was healthy with no sign of disease, she had very healthy teeth with no fillings, and her wisdom teeth were removed.
A national comparison of her fingerprints have not aided in identification.

I couldn't find this case on here so I thought I would add it. I also found a link to an old article (2004) about the reconstruction, and it has some more info on her and how she was found.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20040530/ai_n10033805

Case File 154UFCO
Unidentified White Female

• Discovered on June 15, 1993 in Douglas County, Colorado.
  • Authorities believe that she died after being hit in the head.
  • She was estimated to have been deceased since June 12 or 13, 1993
  • Estimated age: 13 - 20 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" (170 cm); 140-160 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length, light brown / blonde hair, could have been dyed to achieve the lighter color. Unknown eye color. Stocky build with large breasts and large hips. Approximate shoe size 6 or 7. Fingernails that were either cut or chewed very short.
  • Dentals: Dental charts available. She had no dental work or cavities.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a black short-sleeve Harley-Davidson T-shirt.
  • Jewelry: A gold pinkie ring (not a full circle ring) on her left hand. A gold necklace with a black stone pendant cut like a long crystal, a gold necklace with a pendant consisting of wizards hands holding a spherical brown tiger eye, and a stud earring with a clear glass stone in her left ear.
  • Other: She may be a runaway from Louisiana.
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • Case History
    The partially clad and decomposing body of a young girl was discovered in southwest Douglas County in the Pike San Isabel National Forest, between Woodland Park and Deckers off Highway 67, in a makeshift campsite by a hiker at the Rainbow Falls Campground. Investigators believe the victim may have been dumped in the spot where her body was found. The victim's body was found within days of a nearby convention of the Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club that met June 12 -13, at the Horse Creek campground south of Deckers. Investigators said they have not been able to determine if the victim had any association to that group.
    Investigators believe the victim may have been dumped in the spot where her body was found. She was found half nude, wearing only a black short sleeve Harley Davidson t-shirt and some unique jewelry.
    At the time of the initial investigation in 1993, investigators believed the victim to be between 15-19 years old. Since the discovery of her body, several forensic examinations have been conducted and additionally, a series of anthropological reconstructions of the victim's skull have been conducted in an effort to determine her appearance, age, and identity. After the most recent forensic examination of her skull, investigators now believe the victim to be 13 to 20 years old.
    No trace of illegal drugs were found in her body, and investigators found no evidence of sexual assault by intercourse, however they have not ruled out the possibility of non-intercourse sexual assault/contact.
    Investigators found characteristics that indicated she might have been very well cared for prior to her death. For instance, she was healthy with no sign of disease, she had very healthy teeth with no fillings, and her wisdom teeth were removed.
    A national comparison of her fingerprints have not aided in identification.

Thanks for the link! I wouldn't have thought to check there. Those pics are definitely a lot better quality.
I'm not sure why they mention Louisiana- maybe more recent info on her or something? The article at the top says LE thought she didn't seem much like a runaway because she'd been cared for so well- no calluses on hands or feet, never any cavities and her wisdom teeth were removed, no drugs in her system, etc.
The coroners site does mention the possibility that she was a runaway also though, so I guess I'd go by their assessment rather than the news article.

Since her wisdom teeth were removed I guess she's probably at the older end of the 13-20 age range?

Also- forgot to link to her Doe Network page I think

Probably a witness or something on her that mentioned Louisiana. Possibly a recent runaway? Maybe she took off with a boyfriend on a little cross country trip. Hard to say with teenagers. Being a runaway would explain why her parents/siblings haven't id'd her yet.

I had my wisdom teeth removed at age 16 or 17, so yeah I'd say she was in her late teens.

Hi Tom,

I was just coming to post about Laura Anne Hook! I think she is a really good match, in my opinion the right eye on her and Jane Doe have the same 'slightly off center' quality. Also with so little information known about Laura's case, she could be a run away, have lost some weight between 1992 - 1993 and ended up in Colorado. I really think she should be looked at closely. :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back