Scoping out the house

shiloh

Reaction score
An article about Patsy Ramsey appeared in Woman's Magazine in April 1996. http://www.acandyrose.com/04001996NEWS-PatsyWomansMagazine.htm

In this article, she reveals a great deal of personal information, including the fact that the house is often unoccupied.

"The importance of home and family has never been more talked about than it has in the nineties as men and women struggle to meet the demands of busy, complicated lives. In the midst of so many options and as a result of a life-threatening illness three years ago, Patsy Ramsey has chosen her lifestyle and has dedicated herself to the role of stay-at-home mother, a title that seems to be a bit of a misnomer, since Ramsey is rarely at home. She fills her days with volunteer service to the community and in her children's schools. In addition, she regularly travels with her husband John, CEO and president of Access Graphics, an international distributor of computer products that is headquartered in Boulder. 'I've intentionally chosen not to participate in anything that requires evening meetings,' says Ramsey. 'That's the time when my family really comes first. Whether we're dining in or out, dinner time is set aside to review everyone's daily activities and talk things over.'"

"In light of all of Ramsey's family obligations, chosen responsibilities and devoted energy on her volunteer work, she admits that there are other interests that she hasn't found time to pursue. 'I'd love to find the time to paint,' she says. 'Somehow I always think I'll get to it during the summer when we're in our cottage in Michigan. But it hasn't happened -yet!'"

Having the information printed in a magazine that the house is vacant a good deal of the time, and is entirely empty during the summer months isn't a very good idea. It is entirely possible that *someone* read this information and had broken into the home earlier. Exploring a vacant house throughout much of the summer is more than enough time for anyone to familiarize themselves with the layout.

I wonder if it can be deduced from old records if there was any water usage at the home during the summer months prior to the murder. Alas, they probably no longer exist. But I hope they do.

shiloh said:
An article about Patsy Ramsey appeared in in Woman's Magazine in April 1996. http://www.acandyrose.com/04001996NEWS-PatsyWomansMagazine.htm

In this article, she reveals a great deal of personal information, including the fact that the house is often unoccupied.

"The importance of home and family has never been more talked about than it has in the nineties as men and women struggle to meet the demands of busy, complicated lives. In the midst of so many options and as a result of a life- threatening illness three years ago, Patsy Ramsey has chosen her lifestyle and has dedicated herself to the role of stay-at-home mother, a title that seems to be a bit of a misnomer, since Ramsey is rarely at home. She fills her days with volunteer service to the community and in her children's schools. In addition, she regularly travels with her husband John, CEO and president of Access Graphics, an international distributor of computer products that is headquartered in Boulder. 'I've intentionally chosen not to participate in anything that requires evening meetings,' says Ramsey. 'That's the time when my family really comes first. Whether we're dining in or out, dinner time is set aside to review everyone's daily activities and talk things over.'"

"In light of all of Ramsey's family obligations, chosen responsibilities and devoted energy on her volunteer work, she admits that there are other interests that she hasn't found time to pursue. 'I'd love to find the time to paint,' she says. 'Somehow I always think I'll get to it during the summer when we're in our cottage in Michigan. But it hasn't happened -yet!'"

Having the information printed in a magazine that the house is vacant a good deal of the time, and is entirely empty during the summer months isn't a very good idea. It is entirely possible that *someone* read this information and had broken into the home earlier. Exploring a vacant house through much of the summer is more than enough time for anyone to familiarize themselves with the layout.

I wonder if it can be deduced from old records if there was any water usage at the home during the summer months prior to the murder. Alas, they probably no longer exist. But I hope they do.
And don't forget the church right down the alley from the Ramsey home that had homeless in on weekends, but then how likely would it be that a homeless pedofile would have access to Woman's Day magazine, let alone read it and realize the people lived right up the street?

I'm curious what the circulation of that magazine was, how many copies were purchased, and where they were sold.

Patsy's picture was on the cover of the magazine. If *someone* had a vendetta against them and simply saw her picture on the front cover, they would have picked up a copy, the same as any of you would.

And you've got to admit, the idea of wandering through that house -- alone and unseen, exploring every room, is very tempting. How many of you would like the opportunity to do that? I know I would.

*Edited to say, No, I wouldn't want to be there alone. That would be scary. A tour with Frank Coffman would be interesting. Is he still around? He probably doesn't recognize me in my new hat.

I'd do it, but I can't scrounge up the airfare.

A vendetta? Why? That magazine piece makes her sound like a regular Mother Teresa! (Even then...[growls])

Frank Coffman? You know him? "New hat?" A lot of people ask me who I am. Several people have asked me if I'm TV stuntman Super Dave Osborne. One person thought I was Fleet White, etc. So now I'll ask. Who the heck are ya?

SuperDave said:
I'd do it, but I can't scrounge up the airfare.

A vendetta? Why? That magazine piece makes her sound like a regular Mother Teresa! (Even then...[growls])

Frank Coffman? You know him? "New hat?" A lot of people ask me who I am. Several people have asked me if I'm TV stuntman Super Dave Osborne. One person thought I was Fleet White, etc. So now I'll ask. Who the heck are ya?
A vendetta? Why? -- I'm afraid I've hopped the fence, SuperDave, and my theory is posted on the theories thread. I don't believe that any of the Ramseys are guilty.

That magazine piece makes her sound like a regular Mother Teresa! (Even then...[growls]) -- Consider for a moment that the magazine article is closer to the truth of who she actually was than the image of an insane and delusional woman that people have projected onto her.

Frank Coffman? You know him? -- No, but he used to post on the boards quite frequently as Masked Man. (Hi MM. :) )

Who the heck are ya? -- If I wanted you to know that, I wouldn't have purchased a new hat.

"I'm afraid I've hopped the fence, SuperDave, and my theory is posted on the theories thread. I don't believe that any of the Ramseys are guilty."

Well, I hopped myself a while ago, just it was the opposite way. And I've always been up-front about why, so I'll ask you why you hopped.

"Consider for a moment that the magazine article is closer to the truth of who she actually was than the image of an insane and delusional woman that people have projected onto her."

I have considered it, shiloh. And rejected it. Public charity work can hide any number of demons and sins, some venial, some mortal.

"If I wanted you to know that, I wouldn't have purchased a new hat."

Fair enough.

SuperDave said:
"I'm afraid I've hopped the fence, SuperDave, and my theory is posted on the theories thread. I don't believe that any of the Ramseys are guilty."

Well, I hopped myself a while ago, just it was the opposite way. And I've always been up-front about why, so I'll ask you why you hopped.
Because of the machine gun fire at Sergeant Whitson's residence, the mutilated cat at ST's house, and the blood that was splashed on the door at Linda Arndt's house. I agree with ST that those incidents are definitely related to the case, and I don't see that fitting in with any RDI scenario or most IDI scenarios. These things must be taken into account.

Steve Thomas stumbled over this major piece of evidence in his own front yard, but he was too busy listening to the likes of Dale Yeager to give it much thought other than it must be related to the fact that he sold personal information about "Boulder detectives" to the tabloids. I suppose he thinks that Lou Smit was behind that? ST's powers of reasoning are astounding.

About Masked Man, I know a lot of people have been on the receiving end of his temper at times (including myself), but he really is very nice. He lives in Boulder and knows several of the people who are discussed on the internet, and he defends them from being slandered on the internet. I see that as being a loyal friend and is a good trait.

shiloh said:
Because of the machine gun fire at Sergeant Whitson's residence, the mutilated cat at ST's house, and the blood that was splashed on the door at Linda Arndt's house. I agree with ST that those incidents are definitely related to the case, and I don't see that fitting in with any RDI scenario or most IDI scenarios. These things must be taken into account.

Steve Thomas stumbled over this major piece of evidence in his own front yard, but he was too busy listening to the likes of Dale Yeager to give it much thought other than it must be related to the fact that he sold personal information about "Boulder detectives" to the tabloids. I suppose he thinks that Lou Smit was behind that? ST's powers of reasoning are astounding.

About Masked Man, I know a lot of people have been on the receiving end of his temper at times (including myself), but he really is very nice. He lives in Boulder and knows several of the people who are discussed on the internet, and he defends them from being slandered on the internet. I see that as being a loyal friend and is a good trait.

Well, we don't know if they were case-related. He never said who was behind it.

SuperDave said:
Well, we don't know if they were case-related. He never said who was behind it.

Right, I don't guess he even tried to find out who mutilated the cat and put it on his doorstep? If he was such a great young detective. (I have his book and think any book about the case is pretty good, better than nothing.)

Who do we think may have done it and why did they?

shiloh said:
QUOTE]

I too think this is a very interesting question. Who might have done all this stuff and why? To show contempt for ST and Arndt? Might it be related to the barbie dolls on the front lawn of the Rs' house where JonBenet was killed?

"Right, I don't guess he even tried to find out who mutilated the cat and put it on his doorstep? If he was such a great young detective."

Well, I happen to think he WAS, Eagle1. And he of all people knew that in vandalism cases like that, it's almost impossible to find the culprit unless you actually catch them doing it. Besides, if such an act was intended to side-track the cops, then the best thing to do was ignore it.

SuperDave said:
"Right, I don't guess he even tried to find out who mutilated the cat and put it on his doorstep? If he was such a great young detective."

Well, I happen to think he WAS, Eagle1. And he of all people knew that in vandalism cases like that, it's almost impossible to find the culprit unless you actually catch them doing it. Besides, if such an act was intended to side-track the cops, then the best thing to do was ignore it.
Vandalism intended to side track them? You can't be serious.

In order for that to be the case, then you would have to believe that either Patsy was behind the machine gun fire, had mutilated a cat and threw it on ST's lawn, attempted to break in to LA's home, and somehow had obtained enough fresh blood to splash on her door, or that she had hired people to do it for her. And I bet Seraph, Inc. can even locate some Bible verses to help prove that she did.

The machine gun fire was not meant to "side track" anyone, it was meant to kill. And, you are apparently unaware of the fact that people who commit murder often have a long history of torturing animals. Mutilated cats in any area is a sign that there is a very sick killer or potential killer nearby. And that someone was not Patsy Ramsey.

shiloh said:
A vendetta? Why? -- I'm afraid I've hopped the fence, SuperDave, and my theory is posted on the theories thread. I don't believe that any of the Ramseys are guilty.

That magazine piece makes her sound like a regular Mother Teresa! (Even then...[growls]) -- Consider for a moment that the magazine article is closer to the truth of who she actually was than the image of an insane and delusional woman that people have projected onto her.

Frank Coffman? You know him? -- No, but he used to post on the boards quite frequently as Masked Man. (Hi MM. :) )

Who the heck are ya? -- If I wanted you to know that, I wouldn't have purchased a new hat.
So, you posted for years as RDI but have hopped the fence, so now your old identity is a secret?
Why is that??

Eagle1 said:
shiloh said:
Might it be related to the barbie dolls on the front lawn of the Rs' house where JonBenet was killed?
I certainly wouldn't rule that person out, especially since I think there were two or three intruders. I think there was someone up in JAR's darkened bedroom that night, watching them drive in when they came back from dinner, and two others down in the basement, watching from below.

narlacat said:
So, you posted for years as RDI but have hopped the fence, so now your old identity is a secret?
Why is that??
If you didn't like a mystery, you wouldn't be here, right? We could play a game called Guess My Identity. :cool: Here's a hint: I've never been to Boulder. I haven't posted anything regarding this case for about 6 or 7 years. I see very few familiar names, so my assumption is that a lot of you are sporting new hats.

Well, not me because I am relatively new to the case.
But people do have different hats yes, but I don't see the point in that, what does it matter if you thought one thing and now think another :confused:
I was just curious, it doesn't matter to me who you are.

I guess the mutilated cat couldn't have been a clue. Maybe, just MAYBE, someone should have checked the fur against the fur in Jonbenet's hands.

sissi said:
I guess the mutilated cat couldn't have been a clue. Maybe, just MAYBE, someone should have checked the fur against the fur in Jonbenet's hands.

Oh my, Sissi, I never thought of that. Could be.

Also, in an art supply store a couple of days ago, I saw some "striping brushes", for striping cars and vans I guess, and lettering. They looked like makup brushes only not nearly as much hair. Long black hairs. Don't know if they could have been beaver. This is a long shot and I never mean for anyone to take these too seriously but might it mean one or more of our hypothetical perps had that kind of equipment in that duffle bag in the crawl space?

And Shiloh and SuperDave, opposites, wouldn't you think it would occur to ST that all these things were connected to the murder case he was working on?

They're in a way a form of terrorism. People taking credit for the murder without actually taking credit for the murder, if you ask me. It's certainly a very well known fact that killers often start out torturing and killing animals, Jeffrey Dahmer one example.

To you ST fans, I bet he'd be flattered to be asked what was in that duffle bag. Want to make his day? And ours?

"Vandalism intended to side track them? You can't be serious.

In order for that to be the case, then you would have to believe that either Patsy was behind the machine gun fire, had mutilated a cat and threw it on ST's lawn, attempted to break in to LA's home, and somehow had obtained enough fresh blood to splash on her door, or that she had hired people to do it for her. And I bet Seraph, Inc. can even locate some Bible verses to help prove that she did.

The machine gun fire was not meant to "side track" anyone, it was meant to kill. And, you are apparently unaware of the fact that people who commit murder often have a long history of torturing animals. Mutilated cats in any area is a sign that there is a very sick killer or potential killer nearby. And that someone was not Patsy Ramsey."

I didn't mean it quite that way, shiloh. I meant that there are people who like to make life difficult for police. Sort of like phony confessors.

"And Shiloh and SuperDave, opposites, wouldn't you think it would occur to ST that all these things were connected to the murder case he was working on?"

Well, how's this: maybe it did occur to him, and turned out to be a dead end?

"To you ST fans, I bet he'd be flattered to be asked what was in that duffle bag. Want to make his day? And ours?"

I can't even remember his e-mail addy.

super dave quote:The machine gun fire was not meant to "side track" anyone, it was meant to kill. And, you are apparently unaware of the fact that people who commit murder often have a long history of torturing animals. Mutilated cats in any area is a sign that there is a very sick killer or potential killer nearby. And that someone was not Patsy Ramsey."

This IS the truth!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back