7 shot dead in violent Philadelphia weekend

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
(CBS 3) PHILADELPHIA A violent weekend that saw seven people killed has Philadelphia officials extremely concerned and residents fearing for their lives.

Police were investigating six murders on Saturday and another on Sunday.

The city has recorded 209 homicides this year and is on pace to meet the 380 killings of last year.

The first shooting happened around 2:00 a.m. early Saturday morning near 4th and Cumberland in North Philadelphia. One male was shot and pronounced dead at the scene. Four other victims were shot and were taken to area hospitals.

A 25-year-old male was shot and killed on the 1300 block of S. 46th Street and another male was also shot and killed on the 1700 block of S. Avondale Street, both in the Southwest Philadelphia, also early Saturday morning.

More: http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_197121904.html

PrayersForMaura said:
I wonder if this is another sniper like the DC sniper? :(

Multiple killings are happening it seems at an alarming rate everywhere. Do you think this may have been gang related?

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
Multiple killings are happening it seems at an alarming rate everywhere. Do you think this may have been gang related?

IMO

Ocean
Could be. I thought of that first, but then I read about the Phoenix serial killers and I wonder if this is a copycat or if something is going on terrorist-like around the country?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back