Families of TWA Flight 800 Disaster Gather to Mark 10-Year Anniversary

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
SHIRLEY, N.Y. — The families of those lost aboard TWA Flight 800 remembered their loved ones Monday on the 10th anniversary of the crash, leaning on each other for strength as they tried to cope with the emotions brought on by the day. "The families are embracing one another, taking solace and strength from each other as they have done over the last 10 years," said John Seaman, head of the TWA Flight 800 family association and the uncle of victim Michele Seaman, 19, of St. Petersburg, Florida.

"They have come together to mark this milestone, so precious in their lives," said Seaman.

Seaman was among the first to arrive at a memorial at a white, sandy beach near where 230 people lost their lives on the Paris-bound flight. Later in the day, hundreds of relatives, friends and rescue workers were expected to mark the anniversary there.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203934,00.html

I know that the conspiracy theories only hurt the families of the victims' more,
and I am sorry to them because I mean absolutely no disrespect ... but I have a friend who saved the newspapers from the days surrounding that crash and it lists all of the passengers aboard that airplane, and what their jobs were.

He isconvinced that it was a conspiracy.
On board that plane were all sorts of students for a trip with their teachers and one man with a high ranking who was in the military (I think it was Navy, can't remember). My friend theorizes that he was going to France to sell some secrets or sorts. Because of the eye-witness reports that a missle-like flash of light of some sorts coming from our east coast, it makes sense that it could've been someone from the Naval base. That is his theory, not mine.

I just don't see why the military would risk hurting all of the people involved on that plane, but you know everyone has their theories and my friend's made a lot of sense. I don't remember his entire theory but it was something to do what what I mentioned.

Does anyone remember this crash?

I do. I was pregnant with my second child and I'll never forget the sight that night of that long, plane-shaped burning wreckage in the ocean, glowing in the dark. It was horrible.

Too many people saw something go up and hit that plane that night for it to have been nothing. I'll always think there was something external that caused that plane to go down. I don't buy the center fuel tank story...if that really happens, then why don't more planes crash because of it?
The only other supposed center fuel tank incident in apparent history was a plane that burned on the tarmac in India. Why doesn't this happen more often, especially in countries like the Middle East where it gets to be 130 degrees?

I watched the CNN special on this late last night and I was not convinced that the center fuel tank exploding was the cause, and there is a father of one of the Montoursville high school students who believes it was a missile from the USS Normandy.

I believe it was a missle that took that plane down. I have a friend who is an air traffic controller for LaGuardia Airport and he has said to me that it is common knowledge around there that a missle took it down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back