Kitten born with 2 faces!

So cute! Last time I read about it, it wasn't nursing, I'm really glad it is. It'd be so cool if it grew up, to see how it develops.

It is very precious looking. We just so happened to have visited Ripley's Believe if or Not Museum yesterday. There were several baby animals that were siamese twins w/ two heads. Most only lived a few hours, but this fox w/ two heads apparently lived quite a while feeding from each mouth. It will be interesting to follow this kitten's progress.

Sometimes humans are born like this also. Saw a case on telly where a baby had two heads . Poor kitten, usually these sort of animals die when they are young. But i guess it could probably survive. I would look after it if it was my kitten. After all it did not have a hand in how it turned out. I imagine it could have health issues though. dear little thing.

ok so is it two faces, or two heads? When i think of two heads, I think two brains, two different functions (not that I think about it often mind you lol).

kazzbar said:
Sometimes humans are born like this also. Saw a case on telly where a baby had two heads . Poor kitten, usually these sort of animals die when they are young. But i guess it could probably survive. I would look after it if it was my kitten. After all it did not have a hand in how it turned out. I imagine it could have health issues though. dear little thing.
If it's just two faces, it might live... depends on if there is anything else wrong. It's rare that the outside deformity is all by itself. Usually there is an underlying additional problem. It might be eating, but have a cleft pallet no one knows about, or something like that. I'm hoping not - it's certainly a unique cat with a kid for an owner - you can't beat that - it will definitely live a good life if it survives.

Two-Faced Kitten Missing From Home

The kitten, that was born with two sets of eyes, two noses and two mouths, was born in Grove City last week. The animal had a scheduled appointment with a veterinarian the afternoon of July 15, but the family could not find the kitten that morning.

More: http://www.nbc10.com/news/9534862/detail.html

kazzbar said:
Until recently, humans born with two heads died during delivery because the birth canal effectively crushed their skulls during labor. The only two-headed child to survive birth and appears otherwise normal is a little girl who was born over a decade ago in the Midwwest , although there is some question of whether or not they will be wheelchair bound once they reach adulthood due to the disproportionate size of their upper torso. There was a third arm growing out of her back that was eventually amputated, so they appear to be to be a single child from the clavicle down.

However, some two-headed children look like this (warning: gross)
http://english.pravda.ru/science/health/27-03-2006/77864-birth-0

BillyGoatGruff said:
However, some two-headed children look like this (warning: gross)
http://english.pravda.ru/science/health/27-03-2006/77864-birth-0
The story says that the second head belong to her brother. How can that be? I thought divided embryos were always of the same sex; and in the picture the second one appears to be little more than a head and neck, how could they tell it was a boy?

H0NEYWEST said:
The story says that the second head belong to her brother. How can that be? I thought divided embryos were always of the same sex; and in the picture the second one appears to be little more than a head and neck, how could they tell it was a boy?

It must be an error.

Here's another one:

Two-faced kitten shocks owner, veterinarian

It was born with four eyes, two noses, two mouths and two tongues, but it’s just one cat.

A two-faced female kitten, named Gemini, was born late Sunday night. The kitten is owned by Lee Bluetear of Glide.

“It’s like it’s got one head. Up at the front is where it’s split,” Bluetear said. “Right at the front (the faces) are basically independent.”

The two mouths appear to flow into one throat, Bluetear said.

“The vets and I both agreed that she probably has one brain,” she added.

So far, Gemini is alive and well, much stronger and drinking more milk than its first days.

“Everybody is totally amazed that this thing exists,” Bluetear said.

That includes Roseburg veterinarian Alan Ross, who examined Gemini on Tuesday. “With the three of our veterinarians here, we have a combined total of 50 years of experience,” Ross said. “We have never seen anything like this.”

Ross is cautious when he talks about Gemini’s future. He says he cannot be sure how long the kitten will survive, especially because he has not seen it since Tuesday.

“When I saw it the other day, I wouldn’t have given it more than a 10 percent chance of survival,” he said.

He said there are simply too many unanswered questions in a case like this.

But after hearing that Gemini was doing a little better, Ross said the kitten might have a better outlook.

~picture and more at link~

Any news on the other poor two faced kitty that was stolen??? That makes me so MAD!!!! The poor thing was eating and didn't even have its eyes open yet!!!! It will die for sure now that some loser stole it!!!!

I hope they find it soon and whoever has it now will care for it properly.

I couldn't find an update at the site for the original link about the kitten being missing. I'm wondering the same thing.

SewingDeb said:
I couldn't find an update at the site for the original link about the kitten being missing. I'm wondering the same thing.
Deb. I REALLY wanted to know about that poor kitty. I guess it must have died with no mama.

I know it's gruesome to think about - but maybe the mother cat ate the baby. When my parents were breeding collies, we had a preemie and it just "disappeared" - no idea what happened to it. Two days later, we caught the mother dog eating another puppy. Dad says that sometimes if the mom senses something is wrong, she will do that. I do hope someone took the cat and is taking care of it though. I think that little boy is probably devasated and I hope if someone did take it, they will bring it back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back