975 users online (163 members and 812 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 480
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    226

    UT - Destiny Norton, 5, Salt Lake City, 16 July 2006

    KSL News/AP) -- Police have cancelled an Amber Alert, but the search for a missing five-year-old Salt Lake City girl named Destiny Norton continues.

    It has been over 15 hours since Destiny Norton was last seen. A very aggressive search has continued, with over 50 people are searching a five block radius around the girl's home.
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=364019

    More at link. I hope they find this little sweetheart soon.
    Jaybird

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,797
    This one doesn't sound good at all. Prayers for her family .

  3. #3

    UT - Destiny Norton, 5, Salt Lake City, July 2006


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,080
    I wonder why LE called off the Amber Alert? They don't know any more now then they did when she first went missing. She must have disappeared within minutes after she went out of her door. Her parents said that they started looking for her within minutes.

    I sure hope this has a happy ending. That child sex offender must live close by. They didn't say if the dogs hit on anything or not. I hope she is found soon. I can't imagine where she would be for this length of time without someone seeing her.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    238
    This story reminds me so much of Annalyce Guerra, the little girl who disappeared from Smyrna, TN. According to their parents, both girls left the house on their own never to be seen again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    From what the article that was posted above I take it the Amber Alert was cancelled because a "person of interest" had been detained??

    <SNIP>


    A "person of interest" was located Sunday night and questioned and released, Snyder said. Monday morning, however, police wanted to talk to Sevkija Ferhatovic again. He voluntarily showed up at the police station about 10 a.m.. Police were not saying if Ferhatovic - who was charged with felony sex crimes in 2002 but acquitted by a jury - had anything to do with the girl's disappearance. Because Ferhatovic was detained, however, the Amber Alert was canceled.

    http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4062689


    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I wonder why LE called off the Amber Alert? They don't know any more now then they did when she first went missing. She must have disappeared within minutes after she went out of her door. Her parents said that they started looking for her within minutes.

    I sure hope this has a happy ending. That child sex offender must live close by. They didn't say if the dogs hit on anything or not. I hope she is found soon. I can't imagine where she would be for this length of time without someone seeing her.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,465
    article
    From the link:
    By 11:30 a.m. the Amber Alert was cancelled because the person they were looking for was found, said Salt Lake City police detective Robin Snyder, and the criteria for issuing an alert was no longer there.

    Also:However, more than 50 city police officers along with agents from the FBI continued looking for Destiny.
    By noon Monday, police were not accepting volunteers from the public to help search but said they might do that if the search area expanded. Family members, however, walked up and down the neighborhood passing out fliers with Destiny's picture.

    Tonight they said they found some evidence in a dumpster.
    One item was a pillow.
    IMO I don't think it sounds good.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    Isn't the public invited to participate in a search for Destiny tomorrow morning? I think they are to meet at Liberty Park at 7am.



    Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana
    article
    From the link:
    By 11:30 a.m. the Amber Alert was cancelled because the person they were looking for was found, said Salt Lake City police detective Robin Snyder, and the criteria for issuing an alert was no longer there.

    Also:However, more than 50 city police officers along with agents from the FBI continued looking for Destiny.
    By noon Monday, police were not accepting volunteers from the public to help search but said they might do that if the search area expanded. Family members, however, walked up and down the neighborhood passing out fliers with Destiny's picture.

    Tonight they said they found some evidence in a dumpster.
    One item was a pillow.
    IMO I don't think it sounds good.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,465
    Her family is asking for people to search.

    The police said they are not organizing any searches
    and will not allow searching within 5 blocks of her house.

  10. #10
    I can't put my finger on this one...this is very local to me (about 1 mile) and if I didn't have to work, I'd be out searching. I think I may do some of my own sleuthing this evening, however.

    The local news this morning says they are accepting volunteers. Anyone in the area, the command post is at Liberty Park (northeast corner), if interested.

    I pray for a positive outcome from this but I am feeling quite leery.

    This child will be very distinctive to spot...green stripes in her hair and all her teeth but the top canines are silver-capped. She is also missing her 2 front top teeth.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,685
    I do hope this little girl is found safe. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't have let my dd storm out the front door to cool off at age 5. Destiny was obviously mad, but I would have told her to go to her room to cool off, never would I have left her alone outdoors.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    238
    I agree. If my son did this, I'd be right behind him, making him come back in and apologize for his behavior. We'd have a little chat about what just happened. I know my parents would have done the same thing with me at any age. I can't imagine letting a five year old stomp out of the house.

    In one of the other posts it says something about a pillow being found in a dumpster. Did Destiny leave the house with a pillow? Who found the pillow? Was it her family or the police? Why aren't people allowed to search within five blocks of where she disappeared?

  13. #13

    Pillow

    I couldn't find an the article mentioning a pillow being found. Could the previous poster please submit a related link?

    I agree about letting the child storm out of the home. This area is not the best in town...lots of drugs, transients, and various other characters.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    Does anyone know if people are searching cars (trunks)? I was just thinking if Destiny was upset & stormed out of the house maybe she hid somewhere and got trapped.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    hope

    Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley
    Does anyone know if people are searching cars (trunks)? I was just thinking if Destiny was upset & stormed out of the house maybe she hid somewhere and got trapped.
    This is the support section of threads so I won't say what I am thinking about the case but to show support I will say I hope the case has a happy outcome.

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. UT UT - Robin Putnam, 25, Salt Lake City, 8 July 2012
    By Jacie Estes in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-05-2016, 12:17 AM
  2. UT UT - Debra Lee Frost, 17, Salt Lake City, 9 July 1984
    By Shelby in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Tags for this Thread