Mickey Spillane, creator of Mike Hammer, dead at 88

BillyGoatGruff

Reaction score
My neighbor's sister was engaged to him before he was ever married. (My neighbor is 90 years old.) He told my neighbor that the character Velda, his secretary in his books, etc., was based on her sister. She corresponded with him over the years, as late as last fall, and said he was always a gentle-man.

did anyone ever see Mickey Spillanes movie Kiss Me Deadly(1955)?--I caught it on cable recently--it had a stunning ending,where something like Pandora's Box was opened--was it just the house destroyed or the entire world? Studio exec's weren't sure how to end it

No, I have never read any of his books or seen his movies. What cable channel did you find that movie on? I would be interested in seeing one of his films to see what Velda was like.

Florida,I can't remember the channel I saw it on,since I have digital cable with 50 movie channels--But it may have been TCM(Turner Classic Movie) channel--The film is generally considered the best "film noir" movie ever made

Peter Hamilton said:
did anyone ever see Mickey Spillanes movie Kiss Me Deadly(1955)?--I caught it on cable recently--it had a stunning ending,where something like Pandora's Box was opened--was it just the house destroyed or the entire world? Studio exec's weren't sure how to end it
A concept replicated in both REPO MAN and PULP FICTION.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back