1129 users online (215 members and 914 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Nicholas Faibish, 12, mauled to death by dogs, San Francisco, 3 June 2005

The mother of the boy fatally mauled in his Sunset District home said Saturday that she shut her son in the basement to protect him from the family's pit bulls before the attack.
    In a startling interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Maureen Faibish said she ordered her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, to stay in the basement while she did errands June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/kcbs/news/...gory=Computers
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Gee this woman keeps getting better by the day !!!!

First she says it was God's idea that her son be viciously torn to pieces by HER dangerous dogs now this..............I hope she cant have anymore kids as she doesnt desreve a goldfish let alone a child!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Let me see if I get this??

The dogs were sooo dangerous she locked her son in the basement??

Does this make sense to anyone??
    If I felt that any pet I owned posed such a danger I would get rid of it.
    And barring that why not take her child with her to run errands?

Or lock the dogs in the basement??

I am beginning to think this wasn't the accident she claims.

I just ran across the article on CNN.....she locked her child in the basement while she was to be gone from the home to protect him from the dog....I'm speechless frankly.

Hummmmmmm, I think a charge of murder would suffice! What a friggin nut case. This is awful. Why aren't her other children taken away yet?

What the? This is ridiculous. Is this lady for real? This honestly doesn't make any sense. First of all, she KNEW about the dog and its temperament, yet she still chose to keep it around her children? This is her child for crying out loud. What a cold heartless %&^%#!! To lock her OWN child in the basement is stupid. If anything, why didn't she lock the dogs in the basement instead????

“I put him down there, with a shovel on the door,” Faibish told the paper. “He had a bunch of food. And I told him, `Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me.”

She treated the poor boy like an animal. Basically just threw him in the basement with "food" like a dog.
    Be optimistic, dont'chu be all grumpy, when the road'a gets bumpy, just smile smile smile and be happy, don't wear a long face, it's never in style, be optimistic and SMILE!

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryKate

And barring that why not take her child with her to run errand
    Exactly! What errand was so URGENT She HAD TO GO & THE CHILD COULD NOT ACCOMPANY HER??????????????? Hinkey Meter is off the chart. Lock this nutcase up pronto!

What in the H-E-double hockey sticks??? Did I really just read that this woman locked her child in a basement because her dogs were dangerous? Did it ever cross her mind to lock the dogs in the basement? The dogs had free roam of the house while her flesh and blood child was relegated to a basement?

“I put him down there, with a shovel on the door,” Faibish told the paper. “He had a bunch of food. And I told him, `Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me.”

Let me see if I get this. This wouldn’t have happened if Nicky would have just listened to her??? Listened to what? Listen to your mother lock you in a basement like an animal? With a shovel on the door? Sarcasm time... thank goodness it wasn't a fire that killed a little boy locked in a basement, but just a dog attack brought on by the boy himself because he wouldn't listen. If there was a fire the mother might have to accept some responsibility, but since Nicky didn't listen I guess this is his fault.

The way I perceived the article is that this woman thought that this was a perfectly normal thing to do, that this was a perfectly normal way to deal with an aggressive dog whose breed is known to maul and kill. This lady is a nutbag. I hope that child welfare has already removed her other child from her care and will consider making it permanent. This story pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryKate

And barring that why not take her child with her to run errands?

Or lock the dogs in the basement??

I am beginning to think this wasn't the accident she claims.
    I completely agree!!!
    did they perform an autopsy on this child???

Authorities say they have collected evidence supporting an account by Nicholas Faibish's mother that one of the pit bulls that mauled the 12-year- old boy to death had bitten him earlier that day.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...ABADIGEST3.DTL
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I hate this woman. I can't think of anything bad enough to say about her.

The boy had "a bunch of food" with him in the basement? How long did the woman plan to leave him down there?

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Okay, I am just going to come right out and say it......this woman is.......
    Too Stupid To Live.

This is what this "mother" said about the death:

It's Nicky's time to go,” she said. “When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time.”
    “I'm not mad at my dogs,” Faibish said. “I just love them to death.”

I'm beyond angry that this woman won't face any charges for putting her son in harm's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    This is what this "mother" said about the death:

It's Nicky's time to go,” she said. “When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time.”
    I have to admit, that was one of the freakiest things I've heard in a long time. I can't pinpoint exactly what unnerves me so about it, but it goes right to the bone. Moreso than her stupid actions that day.
    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast