GUILTY IN - Spencer White, 21, Keela Lynch, 18, & Rebekah Acorn, 17, murdered, 17 July 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
BOWMAN, Ind. -- Police said Tuesday a man they are looking for in connection with the slayings of three people and shooting of another person might be fleeing with his girlfriend, 2-year-old daughter and stepmother.

Investigators identified Nicholas Harbison, 23, as a suspect in the case after the three bodies were found in a southwestern Indiana cornfield. Police did not reveal how the victims died...
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9533513/detail.html

More below:
http://tinyurl.com/gf2zz
Police identified those killed as Rebekah Acorn, 17, of Evansville; Keela Lynch, 18, of Princeton; and Daniel White, 21, of Francisco. The survivor is White's brother, Cameron White, who was shot twice and had six stab wounds and was taken by helicopter to University Hospital in Louisville, Ky., for treatment, police said...
...She said she did not know where Harbison might be heading, but that he had family in West Virginia and Oregon.

Investigators believed Harbison was traveling Tuesday in a bronze Ford Taurus. He was described as a white male, about 5 feet 11 inches, 210 pounds, with brown hair, blue eyes and a scar on his left arm. He should be considered armed and dangerous, state police said.

He had just been put on probation for a year for shooting a man in the leg and stomache, he claimed self defense. His girlfriend had had a restraining order against him for threatening her life.

I get the feeling the girlfriend likely is with him not by choice. She either was taken by force or went so she would not be killed.

Also his brother was shot and stabbed. Multible times. This creep has rage coursing through him. I hope the stepmother, girlfriend and the 2 yr are going to be ok. He may kill them too.

Police said they believe Harbison is armed and might be driving a maroon and silver 1989 Ford F-150 truck or bronze 2004 Ford Taurus

9534034_240X180.jpg

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9533513/detail.html

She said she did not know where Harbison might be heading, but that he had family in West Virginia and Oregon.

My bet would be on him heading to WV, much closer to where the crimes were commited than Oregon.

Harbison's aunt Joyce, his girlfriend Misty Davis and their two-year-old daughter, Kelsie are believed to be traveling with Harbison, but aren't believed to be hostages. Misty's mother, Debbie Davis, believes their lives may be in jeopardy as well.

When Debbie Davis heard about the triple murder, she went to check on her daughter and granddaughter.

Then she watched them drive off with Nicholas Harbison. It wasn't until later she learned Misty was traveling with an accused murderer.

A voice recording on Debbie's answering machine, tries to alleviate her concerns. Misty Davis says, "Nick and I just wanted to tell you that we thought it'd be best to stay away from the house tonight, so Joyce is going to pay for us to stay here in Oakland, and we're just gonna stay here tonight, and I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you guys, and we're fine."

Debbie recalls their last conversation. "She said, 'We'll be right back and I'll put Kelsie to bed then, then give you a call.' And I said 'okay.'" That's the last time Debbie heard from her daughter since she watched her drive off Monday night with her boyfriend Nick, little Kelsie and aunt Joyce.

Debbie doesn't believe Misty knew about the crime when she got in the car.
http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=5167373&nav=3w6o

I am confused by the message that Misty left. Why did she and Nick think that it would be best if they stayed away from the house?

Shadow205 said:
snip

I am confused by the message that Misty left. Why did she and Nick think that it would be best if they stayed away from the house?

Shadow, to me that sounds like she did know something before leaving with him.

Found an article where some comments are being posted by locals including a family member.Posted by daciaboo on July 18, 2006 at 9:58 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I too, know the people involved in this situation. My niece and great niece happen to be two of the individuals with Nick. He will not willing release my niece. The police are saying they are not hostages, but they do not know this for a fact. He has a "stalker" type relationship with her and he will not let her go. He has threatened her life before if she were to try and leave him. We need to find them before it is to late. We have asked for an amber alert, but have not received one at this point. My 2 year old great niece and my 21 year old niece are in GREAT danger.

http://courierpress.com/news/2006/jul/18/police-are-seeking-suspect-triple-homicide/

Nicholas Harbison had a fiery temper, enjoyed shooting guns and spent long periods of time secluded in the country, his grandmother said.

He became a social outcast after he dropped out of high school and never held a steady job for more than a couple of days, Janey Burch said Wednesday. "He just really didn't have much going for him," she said.

Burch believes something caused her grandson to snap

<snip>

Burch said Harbison lived with his girlfriend, Misty Davis, 21, and their daughter, Kelsie, 2. His stepmother, Joyce Harbison, lived with the couple but moved out about a month ago. Burch said Harbison called his stepmother Monday night after the shootings and asked her to come home, saying there was an emergency and Kelsie was sick.

"He got her down there under false pretenses, (otherwise) she wouldn't have gone down there," Burch said.

Joyce Harbison, Davis and Kelsie have not been seen since Monday. Joyce Harbison supported her stepson, and Burch believes he took her along because she had money.

Harbison has a troubled past. He was home-schooled by his mother, who died when he was 16. He eventually dropped out of high school and moved in with Burch's brother-in-law, Fred Harbison. "He was interested in the same thing that my brother-in-law was interested in and that was guns."

Fred Harbison "was a control freak" and kept Nicholas "out in the country," she said. He didn't want him to participate in anything with other people."

Nicholas Harbison has a criminal record in both Gibson and Pike counties. Davis filed a protective order against him March 13 with Gibson Circuit Court. In it, she stated "Nick threatened to hit me if I didn't do what he told me to. He threatened to hurt me if I left him."

But four days later, Davis went back to court asking the protective order be withdrawn.

<snip>

Meadors believes the killings were premeditated. Burch suspects her grandson was high on drugs. "I think he went off the deep end for some reason, and I wish I knew the answers," she said.

http://courierpress.com/news/2006/jul/20/suspect-called-outcast/

PRINCETON-Janey Burch was shocked when she learned grandson Nicholas Harbison's friend was dead - and her grandson was the main suspect - in a triple homicide in Pike County Monday night.

“Nick and Spencer White were friends,” Burch said. “They spent a lot of time at each other's house.”

Spencer White, 21, of Francisco, was one of three young adults killed Monday night, apparently shot to death in a rural Pike County.
http://www.tristate-media.com/articles/2006/07/21/pdclarion/news/news3.txt

Misty Davis, 21, and her 2-year-old daughter, Kelsie

Joyce Harbison, Nicholas Harbison’s stepmother, plays with Kelsie

I wish that LE would release more details about where he might be headed. He has family in Oregon & WV. I have seen nothing in WV news about him possibly headed here. Cities in the states where he has family would be helpful.

SewingDeb said:
They still haven't found them? I hope he is found soon and the others are back home with their family.
Gosh, I hope so too.........Guns and hot tempers don't mix! This is a dangerous and sad situation. Hoping all the WV sleuthers will be on the lookout for that truck. But........he is in big time trouble..... Just use 911! He will have no fear in using the gun again...........

Shadow205 said:
Nicholas Harbison had a fiery temper, enjoyed shooting guns and spent long periods of time secluded in the country, his grandmother said.

He became a social outcast after he dropped out of high school and never held a steady job for more than a couple of days, Janey Burch said Wednesday. "He just really didn't have much going for him," she said.

Burch believes something caused her grandson to snap

<snip>

Burch said Harbison lived with his girlfriend, Misty Davis, 21, and their daughter, Kelsie, 2. His stepmother, Joyce Harbison, lived with the couple but moved out about a month ago. Burch said Harbison called his stepmother Monday night after the shootings and asked her to come home, saying there was an emergency and Kelsie was sick.

"He got her down there under false pretenses, (otherwise) she wouldn't have gone down there," Burch said.

Joyce Harbison, Davis and Kelsie have not been seen since Monday. Joyce Harbison supported her stepson, and Burch believes he took her along because she had money.

Harbison has a troubled past. He was home-schooled by his mother, who died when he was 16. He eventually dropped out of high school and moved in with Burch's brother-in-law, Fred Harbison. "He was interested in the same thing that my brother-in-law was interested in and that was guns."

Fred Harbison "was a control freak" and kept Nicholas "out in the country," she said. He didn't want him to participate in anything with other people."

Nicholas Harbison has a criminal record in both Gibson and Pike counties. Davis filed a protective order against him March 13 with Gibson Circuit Court. In it, she stated "Nick threatened to hit me if I didn't do what he told me to. He threatened to hurt me if I left him."

But four days later, Davis went back to court asking the protective order be withdrawn.

<snip>

Meadors believes the killings were premeditated. Burch suspects her grandson was high on drugs. "I think he went off the deep end for some reason, and I wish I knew the answers," she said.

http://courierpress.com/news/2006/jul/20/suspect-called-outcast/
T

This entire story is very frightening. I hope they are found safe.
Drugs, Temper, Guns........no good! We have to hope that they are ok and will be found soon.

Sundayrain said:
Gosh, I hope so too.........Guns and hot tempers don't mix! This is a dangerous and sad situation. Hoping all the WV sleuthers will be on the lookout for that truck. But........he is in big time trouble..... Just use 911! He will have no fear in using the gun again...........

It is really scary that this guy is on the loose. I worry about what he will do when the older woman's money runs out.

Shadow205 said:
I wish that LE would release more details about where he might be headed. He has family in Oregon & WV. I have seen nothing in WV news about him possibly headed here. Cities in the states where he has family would be helpful.

They should be plastering pictures all over WV and OR news. It would help to know which city he might be headed to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back