1213 users online (204 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Acres Homes murders, Houston

Police have found a 5th body of a woman in the north part of the city. They think there might be a serial killer of black women out there.
    Last edited by Kimster; 11-05-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: prefix

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99
    Uh oh. Any link to a story Kato?? I'd like to read more about this.
    Let me see. Just heard it on the news.

Uh oh. Any link to a story Kato?? I'd like to read more about this.
    Mush:

How do you copy and paste? I haven't done it in years. TIA

Hey Kato. You copy the link from the brower by highlighting the url and then right clicking on your mouse and clicking copy, then you come here and right click on your reply and select paste.

Hey Kato. You copy the link from the brower by highlighting the url and then right clicking on your mouse and clicking copy, then you come here and right click on your reply and select paste.

Ok, thanks. I'll get on it. Thought that's what I've been doing.

Here is one from the Houston Chronicle. Children found this one.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/4059463.html

Ok Kato. I found the story. But I can't copy and paste the link here either. If someone could help us out. The main page is www.abclocal.go.com. Thanks.
    Here ya go, Mushy!

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=4382703

Thanks you guys. Dunno what my prob. is. Now I can't find my toolbar at all. Somehow it was showing on top. I like it on the bottom. So, I don't know what I did. Guess I inadverdantly changed it and now I don't know how to fix it.

From what I read I would say, yes, Houston has a serial.It also seems he has escalated as the number of attacks is quite frequent, assuming he did all of them.

I wonder if this is a transplanted Katrina evacuee? I know some pretty bad apples landed in Houston after the hurricane. A lot of them were sex offenders who never registered once they were bounced.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    From what I read I would say, yes, Houston has a serial.It also seems he has escalated as the number of attacks is quite frequent, assuming he did all of them.

I wonder if this is a transplanted Katrina evacuee? I know some pretty bad apples landed in Houston after the hurricane. A lot of them were sex offenders who never registered once they were bounced.
    I hate to say it but it very well could be an evacuee. Our crime rate has soared even though it's always been high as I'm sure the crime rate in other cities that took a high concentration of evacuees has soared.

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Thanks you guys. Dunno what my prob. is. Now I can't find my toolbar at all. Somehow it was showing on top. I like it on the bottom. So, I don't know what I did. Guess I inadverdantly changed it and now I don't know how to fix it.
    Hi Kato, Don't feel bad as I'm having the same problem too. When I Google something I have no address bar on top from which to take the link. I've tried everything under 'view' and for the life of me don't know what is wrong! Guess I'll call my computer guy where I bought my 'puter.

Scandi

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    Hi Kato, Don't feel bad as I'm having the same problem too. When I Google something I have no address bar on top from which to take the link. I've tried everything under 'view' and for the life of me don't know what is wrong! Guess I'll call my computer guy where I bought my 'puter.

Scandi
    That's exactly my prob. No address bar. But I'm not gonna bother IT with it. You'd think after working on a puter day after day for years I'd know something that simple.

Concern grows over possible serial killer

(7/20/06 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - Residents on the northwest side are worried that a serial killer may be targeting their area.

Also on ABC13.com:
    Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.comThis, after a woman's body was found in the woods on Duoto near Tidwell in the Acres Homes area. Five other murdered women have been discovered in the same area over the past six months. In this latest case, two people cleaning a parking lot found the woman's body Wednesday afternoon.

This sketch was released after one of the murders in the area.

"It's awfully suspicious that we have another dead woman in this part of the city, in an area where we've had several others over the course of the last six to eight months," said Sgt. Mike Peters with the Houston Police Department.

The victim had been stabbed at least three times and police say the murder bears similarities to previous homicides.

Police released a sketch of a man they believe murdered Pamela Goss back in April in the same area. They believe he also has a tattoo showing the scales of justice or a Libra sign on the inside of his left forearm. If you have any information, call police.

OMG Can you imagine being grabbed by that man? I'm sure I'd pass right out he looks so scary!

Scandi

Mush:

Here's an article from our paper this morning. I can't copy and paste but here's the address: www.chron.com It's a pretty lengthy article.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast