1191 users online (207 members and 984 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Post Severe Storm Damage in St. Louis

Powerful storms with rain and strong winds left nearly half a million homes and businesses without power early Thursday as the region braced for another day of 100-degree heat. Power officials said it could take five days to restore electricity.

The summer storm that tore through the Midwest on Wednesday ripped off a section of airport roof and dumped it on an interstate, blew windows out of a hotel restaurant and baseball stadium press box and injured more than 30 people. At least three St. Louis-area buildings partially collapsed.

The city's light rail system, down for several hours, was running again by the Thursday morning rush hour, but at least 450,000 customers were still without power, according to utility company AmerenUE.

"This is one of the worst storms we can all remember to hit the city of St. Louis in recent years," St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060720/ap_on_re_us/summer_storms_3&printer=1;

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    I saw this on the Weather Channel at lunch. Quite an impressive storm. I hope they get a break for a few days before more bad weather moves through, but in that part of the country at this time of year I would not be surprised if another bad one rolled through today.

The Mid Atlantic region just had similar storms pass thru the area on Tuesday..

There were upwards of 500,000 without power as of Wednesday morning.. many area residents spent the night without power and as of today there are still hundreds of thousands that are still without power.

Many stores and businesses were closed, and lost much of the perisable foods due to the lack of power.. and ice was not available in most locations.. it had all been sold. Stores are still recovering.. many have bare shelves where much of their goods have perished and have not yet been replaced..

Significant damage was felt in the region stemming from the wind ( in excess of 65 mph), rain and hail. many trees have been damaged, or had fallen due to the wind. A number of people have been killed by falling trees etc.

Its estimated that come homes may not reciev their power until as late as Monday..

scary stuff these storms.. and highly unusual.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Hope you guys are safe and sound. I am here in NC and we have had that High Pressure system sitting around and it has kept much needed rain away from us.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1
    Hope you guys are safe and sound. I am here in NC and we have had that High Pressure system sitting around and it has kept much needed rain away from us.
    Beryl didn't help you any? Or did the high pressure keep him too far away to help?

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Nope. Beryl just waved as he went by. I live very far inland, but my parents live on the coast and I don't think they got anything. I will have to check with them. At the most they might have gotten a few rain showers. Here nothing. We had a severe TS alert yesterday around 5 PM that was suppose to expire at 6:15 PM. It expired around 5:45 PM. It just had all it's energy sucked out and nothing feeding it. It sat SW of us and rained for about 20 mins and threw around some wind and lightening, but there was nothing to feed it once it expended it's energy.