1076 users online (212 members and 864 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Wow, IMO that is a real good catch. Good sleuthing. The composite and the pic look very similar especially the way the nose and mouth look together on the face. Dimensions seem very close to me. I would be surprised if that is not a match. Just my opinion. Too bad you may not find out directly if you are right. Blame Canada!
    Where is Kellie Marie Brownlee? Help Find Michigan's Missing! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=27420&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Unfortunately, the authorities in Canada will never tell you if your lead doesn't pan out. They will only tell you if it does (and only if you qualify for a reward).
    The officer in Montreal actually got me to call her and said she would update me. She thought it was it was very odd as she was just reviewing this case last week. So lets hope it's promising.

Hello,

The DNA had already been done with Sylvie's family a few years back. The result was a NO match.

We appreciate you consulting the web site.

thank-you

L**** ***** #***
    Agent

514 280-****

Jessica - Can you email that person and ask about any dental records (or descriptions of dental work) on Sylvie? I was looking at her for another case.

I wonder how sure they are that she had no prior pregnancies.

I found a possible match, but she had one pregnancy in 1957 (18 years before this Jane Doe was found).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    I wonder how sure they are that she had no prior pregnancies.

I found a possible match, but she had one pregnancy in 1957 (18 years before this Jane Doe was found).
    There are markers on the pelvic bones that indicate whether a woman has had prior pregnancies.

I guess that rules her out then! Thanks Carl.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2856dfon.html
    has this lady been suggested?
    Everything I ever say is my own opinion, I never intend to offend anyone!

Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

Wow, looks like a match to me. There is about a year's discrepancy between the missing date and the estimated time of death though.

I'd like to think that the Canadian police would have already considered this match, but perhaps the missing date put them off. It doesn't really put me off though. Call it in!

she looked very similar to me too.. maybe doe had the wrong year, it has happened before. or maybe the water in the river was very cold and she was at the bottom for awhile. I always thought this UID was isolated then killed by an abusive husband or mate.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
    Wow, looks like a match to me. There is about a year's discrepancy between the missing date and the estimated time of death though.

I'd like to think that the Canadian police would have already considered this match, but perhaps the missing date put them off. It doesn't really put me off though. Call it in!

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    she looked very similar to me too.. maybe doe had the wrong year, it has happened before. or maybe the water in the river was very cold and she was at the bottom for awhile. I always thought this UID was isolated then killed by an abusive husband or mate.
    I agree, and I have to admit that whenever I see "last seen by husband/boyfriend, leaving him without taking any/many belongings", in the circumstances of a woman's disappearance, I find myself thinking that he must have killed her.

It may not be the case with Madelene Van Overdijk, but I just can't help feeling suspicious anyway...

Thinking of the Irish and other touristy type items, and wondering if the woman had attended the very popular St Patrick's Day parade in either Montreal or Toronto.
    March 17 might fit with timeline of murder, imo.

Ok... Perhaps I'll try to call it in. While there is about a years discrepancy, it says she was reported missing by her husband, and people on the thread suggested that this was done at home / by someone she knew. Though I wonder if they've already been compared? I'll try anyway tomorrow.

Email sent. I'll let y'all know if the lead pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by zelda_s View Post
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2856dfon.html
    has this lady been suggested?
    I think Madelene is an excellent suggestion zelda_s. The post interval timing, which may well be wrong, could have excluded her from a closer look.
    The detail in the clothing description for MVO has always put me off.

Hope it's a match.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast