1082 users online (268 members and 814 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TN - Fugitive Child-Rape Suspect Found Working at TN Carnival!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,204648,00.html

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > NATIONAL > CRIME

Fugitive Child-Rape Suspect Found Working at Tennessee Carnival
    Thursday, July 20, 2006

Jeremy Duffer, 35, of Nashville, was captured Wednesday night while working at a traveling carnival in Roane County, said Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron.

Duffer has been missing since February after he cut off an electronic monitoring device while he was awaiting trial on charges of child rape and aggravated sexual battery involving a boy who was 12 years old at the time.

Upon his return to Nashville, Duffer said he fled because his lawyer told him his case was a lost cause.

"Because they're going to crucify me and act like I'm a horrible, evil, nasty person and basically my lawyer told me I didn't have a chance in hell," Duffer said in a WTVF-TV report.

A co-worker at the carnival became suspicious of Duffer after he asked where he could get a tattoo removed, police said.
    Never give up...

Quote Originally Posted by hoping4truth
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,204648,00.html

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > NATIONAL > CRIME

Fugitive Child-Rape Suspect Found Working at Tennessee Carnival
    Thursday, July 20, 2006

Jeremy Duffer, 35, of Nashville, was captured Wednesday night while working at a traveling carnival in Roane County, said Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron.

Duffer has been missing since February after he cut off an electronic monitoring device while he was awaiting trial on charges of child rape and aggravated sexual battery involving a boy who was 12 years old at the time.

Upon his return to Nashville, Duffer said he fled because his lawyer told him his case was a lost cause.

"Because they're going to crucify me and act like I'm a horrible, evil, nasty person and basically my lawyer told me I didn't have a chance in hell," Duffer said in a WTVF-TV report.

A co-worker at the carnival became suspicious of Duffer after he asked where he could get a tattoo removed, police said.
    Our local fair is going on right now, and I often wonder how many of the people that work at these things are perverts? The other night, my daughter was getting off a ride and started to slip, so the guy grabbed her around of the waist. She thanked him and shoved his hands off of her. She told me "that guy gave me the creeps" I was watching the whole time to make sure that his hands didn't wander from where they were. Still can't help but wonder.

Most Carnies are creepy. IMO. Not the Disneyland type as much as the Fair wacks.

I would like to know where this carnival has BEEN while he worked there.

Bakerprune64, your daughter sure has the right idea. Listening to her intuition this early? Awesome. (I'm assuming she's younger being on the rides and all!)

[QUOTE=Taximom]I would like to know where this carnival has BEEN while he worked there.

Bakerprune64, your daughter sure has the right idea. Listening to her intuition this early? Awesome. (I'm assuming she's younger being on the rides and all!)[/QUOTE]

She is 10, and has 9 YO and 12 YO sisters. I work in a place where this kind of stuff happens to children all too often, I have made it a prioroty to teach them all I know about the evils that lay in wait for young children. They are not terrified of the world but know what can happen.

Not all carnies are like that but those of us who aren't are quitting the carnivals and finding places where we don't have to work with those creeps.