1397 users online (262 members and 1135 guests)  

Websleuths News

Blind Man holding Fried Chicken and Gun, Shoots Wife

http://wfmynews2.com/news/local_stat...?storyid=67433

Blind Man Trying To Handle Gun, Food Fatally Shoots Wife

A "storybook marriage" ends in a bizarre chain of events.

Morganton, NC -- A legally blind man fatally shot his wife while trying to balance a plate of fried chicken and a pistol, authorities said.

Kelly Honeycutt of Morganton was holding a .38-caliber pistol he found in a box while he and his wife were moving into a new home Monday night, said Burke County Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Beall said. He accidentally shot his wife Norita in the head after she handed her wheelchair-bound husband a plate of chicken, Beall said.

Beall said no charges were filed by investigators, but the case was sent to the county prosecutor's office for a final determination.

"It just looks like a case of bad timing while handling a gun"?

bad timing???

".38-caliber pistol he found in a box"

just casually found in a box?

I agree. Legally blind doesn't mean he couldn't see. She must have leaned over and put her head right in the line of fire. I can't believe anyone would be that unconcerned about a strange gun that was suddenly found and being handled by anyone even a trusted husband.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Well, you can't expect a southerner to put his fried chicken down now can you? I am from the South so I can say that.