MO - Michael Elmore, 2, murdered, Springfield, May 2005

raisincharlie

Racing Doesn't Lie
Reaction score
Ashamed to say but here in my home town, justice was not granted today to a 2 year child. Amanda Elmore had a 15 year sentence for killing the child suspended by the judge. No reason has been presented for why the judge suspended the sentence. This woman slapped her child because he spilled food and started crying, she then smothered the child but claims she didn'n't mean to do it. The autopsy report indicated the child had several bruises and a cleaning solution was found in the stomach contents.

http://www.ky3.com/news/3401596.html?autovid=Y

I absolutely cannot believe this...incredible.

raisincharlie said:
Ashamed to say but here in my home town, justice was not granted today to a 2 year child. Amanda Elmore had a 15 year sentence for killing the child suspended by the judge. No reason has been presented for why the judge suspended the sentence. This woman slapped her child because he spilled food and started crying, she then smothered the child but claims she didn'n't mean to do it. The autopsy report indicated the child had several bruises and a cleaning solution was found in the stomach contents.

That is horrible. Especially after they found cleaning fluid in the baby's stomach, but she "didn't mean to do it?"

I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick to death of hearing about parents harming their children. Makes me crazy.

She should have received life in prison. The child started crying because the poor baby knew that he was in big trouble. I would like to beat the crap out of her. Of course, she wouldn't cross someone who could fight back.

MrsMush99 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick to death of hearing about parents harming their children. Makes me crazy.
What sends me absolutely ballistic about this is that this woman filed for protection against her husband claiming he was abusive to her and the children but she never would show up for the legal proceedings necessary to get the protective orders. This was a plea deal - she plead guilty and was facing 19 years according to her agreement with the prosecutor but for some unknown reason this judge lets her off with four years for child endangerment...unfreaking- believable.

Time for this judge to be removed from office IMO.

nanandjim said:
She should have received life in prison. The child started crying because the poor baby knew that he was in big trouble. I would like to beat the crap out of her. Of course, she wouldn't cross someone who could fight back.
I'm wondering what the serious of events were. Did she poison the baby and that's why he was fussy or did she do it afterwards? Okay so let's do this...who wants to hold her down and pour pine-sol down her throat and the smother her? Line forms behind me:furious:

What a great message to send to all the child killers and child rapists out there: "Yes go ahead and rape and kill our children. You may get a slap on the wrist but nothing too bad and then you will be released so you can do it again. You may be required to register as a sex offender but we all know you just move around from town to town without updating, so really, life will not change too much for you." Yeah, real sweet. God help the person who tries to hurt my kids. His hoo hoo will be stretched and wrapped around his neck.
ETA: I know the SOs don't always register when they move because I just uprooted my family within the last year because of just that reason. We have a family friend who is a state policeman and he told us that a certain house on our street was under surveillance for a fugitive. He couldn't tell us anything really due to the law but we figured out through yes and no questions that the POI in this case was a sex offender who had moved around and never registered a new address. We asked if the POI preferred adults or kids and our friend's answer was "Be careful with your daughter". The perv was tipped off apparently and the cops were unable to find him again. I told my husband that I was leaving and taking the kids with me and he was welcome to join us. He said we couldn't afford to move right then but as far as I was concerned, we couldn't afford NOT to move. Within a short time, we were out, house sold, new house bought and living far away from worry. It skeeves me out just thinking about all the times he may have been peering at my children while we were outside playing.

raisincharlie said:

kidzndogznme said:
ETA: I know the SOs don't always register when they move because I just uprooted my family within the last year because of just that reason. We have a family friend who is a state policeman and he told us that a certain house on our street was under surveillance for a fugitive. He couldn't tell us anything really due to the law but we figured out through yes and no questions that the POI in this case was a sex offender who had moved around and never registered a new address. We asked if the POI preferred adults or kids and our friend's answer was "Be careful with your daughter". The perv was tipped off apparently and the cops were unable to find him again. I told my husband that I was leaving and taking the kids with me and he was welcome to join us. He said we couldn't afford to move right then but as far as I was concerned, we couldn't afford NOT to move. Within a short time, we were out, house sold, new house bought and living far away from worry. It skeeves me out just thinking about all the times he may have been peering at my children while we were outside playing.

You know I hate to say this, but no matter where you move to... IMO there are always going to be molesters somewhere nearby. So many times even if one is caught, they end up not having to register and we can't forget that there are many out roaming around who are not caught for years! Also if one is still underage they won't be in the records. It's the ones "under the radar" that are the most dangerous, the friend, teacher or all around good guy who no one suspects many times. It's gotten so children are not safe around anybody.
I work with sexual predators but because of their status, they will not show up when you check the registry and people have no idea!

OB

MrsMush99 said:
I can't agree more!:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back