NY NY - Huron, AdmixFem 20-40, 389UFNY, pregnant, in shower curtain, Aug'02

anthrobones

Reaction score
Unidentified Biracial Female

• The victim was discovered on August 29, 2002 in Huron, Wayne County, New York.
  • Estimated Date of Death: between late June and early August 2002
  • Cause of death is Homicide.
  • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 30 - 40 years old (closer to 40)
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" - 5'6"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: This victim's race is classified by anthropologists as Admixed (Black, White, and possibly Hispanic) with emphasis on Black. Possibly brown-reddish, wavy hair that was possibly dyed. 7 - 8 months pregnant.
  • Dentals: Available.
  • DNA: Available.
  • Clothing: None located.
  • Fingerprints: Partial available.
Case History
Skeletal remains of an adult female and fetus were located in a wooded area north of a state fishing access and boat launch road in the Town of Huron, N.Y. This area is midway between Rochester and Syracuse, N.Y. There is access to Lake Ontario from this location. Police believe the assailant dumped the body in the location. The woman was 7 months pregnant at the time of death. She was wrapped in a tan shower curtain with royal blue shower rings.
This case is one of six unsolved homicides of woman in the area over the past two years but no confirmed connection has been made.
To date, investigators have researched over 500 missing person cases in the United States and Canada and all but seven have been eliminated. They are also working with Puerto Rico and Mexico to help with the identification process.
Investigators have interviewed residents in the area as well as doctors who might have treated the woman during her pregnancy.
She may be a migrant worker.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/389ufny.html

Oxygen and Strontium Isotope testing implies this subject probably was from the Upstate NY area (although other areas can not be ruled out) She is not forgotten and we continue to search for new information to identify her.

Oxygen and Strontium Isotope testing implies this subject probably was from the Upstate NY area (although other areas can not be ruled out) She is not forgotten and we continue to search for new information to identify her.

:confused: Whats that?

How sad.
Little surprised that they mention her hair "may" be dyed. Isn't that fairly easy to test?

I'm going to guess that depending on where she was found, her hair may have been colored by the minerals in the water or earth.

She has a Namus page but it's very stingy with info. I didn't even find the pregnancy info in there.
https://identifyus.org/cases/6879
389UFNY.jpg

interesting. the summary of the Doe Network profile in the OP mentioned that over 500 women had been eliminated but there is no list of them anywhere. that information is not found in the current DN page and they added that she might have been a migrant worker.

the stories about the isotopes is no longer working, but that indicated that she spent considerable time in upstate NY so she probably was not a migrant.

makes me wonder if she was not a member of one of the Native American tribes up there and for whatever reasons, those missing persons/UIDs never seem to find closure.

this missing person makes the most sense although I do not see any facial resemblance and bear in mind they really do not know her racial make up other than to say she is mixed black and something else.

Olynthia Harper was from upstate NY, Onondaga County to be precise, and the circumstances of her disappearance from the city of Syracuse are these:

Olynthia left her two children with an acquaintance at 747 West Onondaga Street, on 20 September 1985, at approximately 23:00. Harper never returned and has not been seen since. She was know to frequent the various parks on South Avenue. the body was found midway between Syracuse and Rochester.

she was 25 y.o. in 1985 so that would put her around 42 y.o. in 2002. she was supposedly 5'5" and 130 lbs when last seen. unfortunately they have no dentals or DNA for Olynthia.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7594/16/

this missing person makes the most sense although I do not see any facial resemblance and bear in mind they really do not know her racial make up other than to say she is mixed black and something else.

Olynthia Harper was from upstate NY, Onondaga County to be precise, and the circumstances of her disappearance from the city of Syracuse are these:

Olynthia left her two children with an acquaintance at 747 West Onondaga Street, on 20 September 1985, at approximately 23:00. Harper never returned and has not been seen since. She was know to frequent the various parks on South Avenue. the body was found midway between Syracuse and Rochester.

she was 25 y.o. in 1985 so that would put her around 42 y.o. in 2002. she was supposedly 5'5" and 130 lbs when last seen. unfortunately they have no dentals or DNA for Olynthia.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7594/16/

Here are some Syracuse MP which include Olynthia -

http://www.syracusepolice.org/document/294.pdf

Published Dec 19, 2015

"She wasn't that far off the roadway — probably 10 feet off the road — but due to the time of the year, with the thick foliage, she wasn't seen," Kierst said.
The deceased woman — believed to be Hispanic, black or mixed race, and between 20 and 40 years old — was found disrobed. Her naked body was wrapped in a tan shower curtain that had royal blue shower rings still attached.

The case was quickly deemed a homicide based on the findings, but the cause of death to this day remains unknown.

One of the factors that created difficulty in finding answers to the soon-to-be mother's fate came from the length of time her remains were at the location. Police determined that she was probably dumped alongside the fishing access road at some point between late June and early July 2002.
Law enforcement personnel close to the case have often theorized that the woman found in Wolcott had traveled to the area with the migrant workers who flood the farms of Wayne County each year from Latin American countries.
"We've always wondered if she was involved with the migrant workers and maybe she was undocumented, and maybe somebody else was undocumented, and people were fearful of coming forward to police in fear of being deported,"
http://www.mpnnow.com/article/20151219/NEWS/151219634

The woman’s body was discovered by a cable worker on Aug. 29, 2002, wrapped in a tan shower curtain with royal blue shower rings. At the time of her discovery, she was unclothed. Police did find a partial fingerprint. Due to advanced decomposition, cause of death has not been established.

The body remains at the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s office. DNA profiles have been performed on the mother and fetus. Police state that the fetus will contain the DNA of both father and mother, and once the mother’s DNA has been established, they can determine the father’s DNA.
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=7301
https://www.facebook.com/blackandmi...42412.128764.129861537412/10153005907357413/#

medical information:
A fetus was recovered with these remains. It appears this individual was pregnant at the time of death, and that the fetus was around 28-32 weeks gestation.

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

4 ruled outs:
Guadalupe Castro 1978 Washington
Michele Harris 1965 New York
Sandra Sollie 1955 New York
Aletha J. Williams 1976 Utah

https://identifyus.org/cases/6879

Someone has suggested on FB this lady (6.5 month pregnant) which I think bears quite strong resemblance. Unfortunately they forgot to state her name.

Unidentified_1478018238071_12566218_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
14925533_10210751768261163_2940177124989522028_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForgetThem/posts/1516407218373310

@MadMcGoo any additional R/o to add since the last list mid-2017?
This one is so incredibly sad! I appreciate you bringing these cases to my attention...they'll be ingrained in my mind as I look through missing people.

Okay, @Melt71, bear with a minute...I typed out the exclusions, but when I went back to double check everything, I got a little confused... :confused:
This thread is for 389UNY (ooops, I forgot those were Doe Network file numbers) NamUs UP6879. Think I figured that out. However, the exclusions listed in 2017 do not match the info in NamUs now. Typo or do I need to take a coffee break? :D
I'm not being critical I just want to make sure I'm posting accurately!

2017 list posted upthread:

NamUs ruleouts UP6879.png

Current exclusions for UP6879 per NamUs:
MP746 Sharon Shechter 12/09/2001 Monroe NY
MP653 Michele Harris 09/11/2001 Tioga NY
MP10777 Guadalupe Castro 11/26/2001 Cowlitz WA
MP265 Aletha Williams 03/06/2002 Salt Lake UT
MP42 Sandra Sollie 05/23/1994 Wayne NY

This one is so incredibly sad! I appreciate you bringing these cases to my attention...they'll be ingrained in my mind as I look through missing people.

Okay, @Melt71, bear with a minute...I typed out the exclusions, but when I went back to double check everything, I got a little confused... :confused:
This thread is for 389UNY (ooops, I forgot those were Doe Network file numbers) NamUs UP6879. Think I figured that out. However, the exclusions listed in 2017 do not match the info in NamUs now. Typo or do I need to take a coffee break? :D
I'm not being critical I just want to make sure I'm posting accurately!

2017 list posted upthread:

View attachment 216760

Current exclusions for UP6879 per NamUs:
MP746 Sharon Shechter 12/09/2001 Monroe NY
MP653 Michele Harris 09/11/2001 Tioga NY
MP10777 Guadalupe Castro 11/26/2001 Cowlitz WA
MP265 Aletha Williams 03/06/2002 Salt Lake UT
MP42 Sandra Sollie 05/23/1994 Wayne NY
The only difference I register is the add of Sharon Shecher. Or are you referring to their DLC in the list you posted? NamUs updated its pages Spring 2018, and I am quite sure the dates in the old list refers to the MPs DOB, not DLC.

Last, but not least: Thank you so much for posting the rule-outs on all these John and Jane Does lately! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back