Found Deceased WA - Lori Hamm, 36, Longview, 16 July 2006

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Police continue to search for a 36-year-old missing woman, as well as the man suspected in connection with her disappearance.

Lori Hamm disappeared last Sunday.

On Friday, her blue Ford Focus was discovered in a Home Depot parking lot in Vancouver.

Witnesses said they saw a well-known transient named John Wayne Thomson, driving that same car on Sunday and Monday of last week. Thomson has been convicted three times for rape.

More: http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=87772

Convicted three times and he's walking the streets? Anyone else see a MAJOR problem with this picture?

I can't imagine anyone reading that and NOT having a major problem with it, but apparently it didn't bother the judge. Have they all gone mad? I can't believe how many sex offenders have gotten off easily or with no jail time lately.

bykerladi said:
Convicted three times and he's walking the streets? Anyone else see a MAJOR problem with this picture?
AMAZING... sometimes I can not belive our justice system. How many people have to suffer or give their lives before its time to stop slapping wrist? :furious:

Unbelievable isn't it! Looks like maybe he has graduated to the big time now.
I swear, some of these judges sit up there with their heads up their butts. I can't imagine why this guy is out on the streets after THREE RAPES. Guess they were just waiting until he did something that they might consider serious. Our judicial system needs a major overhaul. It's such a darn mess. If this gal is found dead I'm sending this story to Bill O'Reilly.

Calif. police captured John Wayne Thomson Monday afternoon after an intensive manhunt.

M_IMAGE.10cbd292db6.93.88.f8.2b.89f9b58.jpg
KGW graphic

Thomson is wanted for the murder of Longview woman Lori Hamm. He is also wanted for a second murder and the disappearance of a third person.

Monday afternoon, 9-1-1 dispatchers received a call about an attempted carjacking at a restaurant parking lot in Victorville, Calif., said Sgt. Rick Ells with the San Bernadino Police Department.

A woman eating her lunch in her car in the parking lt of Cask 'n Cleaver was assaulted by the unidentified man, according to the Victorville Daily Press. Two employees of the Daily Press saw the attack and came to her rescue, detaining the man until police arrived.

Officers took the man, who they said looks like Thomson, into custody and planned to run a fingerprint check.

The incident occurred just 20 miles north of where authorities on Saturday found the body of a man believed to Thomson's latest victim. Investigators tentatively identified the body as that of Charles Ray Hedlund, whose bloodied car police had recently found.

More: http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_080706_news_thomson_arrest.16097c4.html

I heard this on the news today. Lori's body hasn't been found yet? This killer was really on a roll wasn't he. The lady eating her lunch in her car is one lucky lady. She would have been his next victim for sure. I wonder if this killer had a record before he began this murder spree?

I hope he will tell LE what he did with Lori. The news said that she is from a real small town called Castlerock near Longview Washington. Lots of logging area around there. Lots of area to get rid of a body.

Profiler says Longview suspect is classic 'spree' killer I'm glad they got him.

Forensic psychologist Frank Colistro said Thomson is exhibiting the pattern of a spree killer.

"The average person would look at this and say, 'He's gotta be crazy,' " said Colistro, who is not working on the case but is familiar with the behavior of spree killers. "That's not all true. Just plain mean will get you there most of the time."

and

Authorities believe Thomson went to California to find his ex-girlfriend.

She told KGW that he was abusive, dangerous, and has "no remorse at all" regarding his actions.

"He had no consciousness, no conscience whatsoever, nothing, no," she said.

Colistro said another characteristic of spree killers is that they view people as objects and they kill to get control.

"It makes them feel powerful, ominipotent," he said. "It makes them feel whole. It kinda fixes the incident either real or imagined that set them into this cycle in the first place."

Colistro predicted that Thomson's killing spree would likely come to an end. This kind of high-risk behavior will eventually lead authorities to him.

"This is not a plan that's likely to succeed," he said.

var requestedWidth = 0;
if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } Special circumstance allegations of torture, mayhem and robbery have been added to the criminal complaint against suspected serial killer John Wayne Thomson, making him eligible for the death penalty in the August slaying of a Lucerne Valley man.

Thomson, 47, appeared in San Bernardino Superior Court on Tuesday during an arraignment on the new allegations surfacing from the slaying of Charles Hedlund sometime between July 31 and Aug. 3 in the Cajon Pass. He will next appear in court on March 6 for a pretrial hearing.

Hedlund, 55, was en route from Las Vegas to his business in Beaumont when he came upon Thomson near the Cleghorn Road off-ramp in the Cajon Pass. His body was found covered in brush in the same area on Aug. 3 - one day after his blood-spattered pickup was found, authorities said.

Washington authorities have charged Thomson in the slaying of 36-year-old Longview, Wash., resident Lori Hamm, whose body was found in the woods of rural Cowlitz County on Aug. 1. Thomson is believed to have fled to California in Hamm's car after shooting her in the head and dumping her body. Her Honda Civic was found abandoned in a McDonald's parking lot near where Hedlund was killed. Evidence found in both Hedlund's and Hamm's vehicles linked Thomson to their slayings, officials said.

Thomson is also suspected of killing 73-year-old Spokane, Wash., resident James Ehrgott, whose body has not been found. Thomson has not yet been charged in his death.

Thomson is believed to have fled to California to reconnect with his ex-girlfriend, who lives in Riverside. He formerly worked for her family's business.

County prosecutors have yet to decide if they will seek the death penalty against Thomson. That decision will likely be made following Thomson's preliminary hearing, prosecutor Robert Bulloch said. Contact writer Joe Nelson at (909) 396-3887 or via e-mail at joe.nelson@ sbsun.com.

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_5028473

http://tdn.com/news/hamm-family-ask...cle_d1b4c07f-be93-5b28-b352-c05007ec3685.html

Thomson is likely remain on death row in California for several years. He was sentenced to death after being convicted in April 2014 in the death of 55-year-old businessman Charles Ray Hedlund in late July or early August 2006. Hedlund was killed after he stopped alongside the road to help a stranded Thomson...

Thomson is accused of killing Hamm, 36, on July 16, 2006, near Castle Rock, about a month before Hedlund’s death. He’s also accused of killing Spokane’s James Ehrgott, 73, only weeks before Hamm’s death...

Former county prosecutor Sue Baur had planned to bring Thomson back to Washington to stand trial for Hamm’s death. Lee said that decision will now be up to current Cowlitz County Prosecutor Ryan Jurvakainen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back