1534 users online (254 members and 1280 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

another slip of the tongue

In the 98 interview with JR he talkes about the possible suspect SantaClaus

25 early on we were saying wow, well, Santa Claus,

1 you know, acting so feeble and how could he have

2 carried her down the stairs, and was the

how did JR know JBR was carried down the stairs???

Good catch. JR seems to know JonBenet was carried down the stairs...how would he know that? How does he know she didn't willingly walk down herself?

I wonder if he was referring to the stairs to the main floor or the stairs to the basement.
    Where is Trenton Duckett?

This comment doesn't even fit with his own version of event in the SantaClaus theory.
    The whole idea is that JBR would actually follow Santa without question and even maybe sit down and have pineapple with him.

Anyone could guess she was carried down the stairs.

But why, when she'd go willingly?

Seems JR though she MUST have been carried down the stairs. He tries to explain to himself how a feeble man could pull it off and comes to the conclusion that he can't be that feeble...

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    I personally don't think Santa was too feeble, and still think he's a good suspect.

The slip about the ransom note during JR's deposition is still hanging with me, can't seem to settle that in my mind.

I think he was too feeble.

My own father had the same bypass surgery as Santa Bill had, and he was only 48 years old at the time. There's no way he would have been able to climb up and down stairs carrying a 6 year old child just four months after, much less strangle her and smash her skull in.

I can assume then that when Santa Bill had bypass surgery four months prior to Christmas at age 65 he was left too feeble to have committed this crime and the staging, including carrying JonBenet down stairs.

Santa Bill was cleared. An interesting suspect, but he did not kill JonBenet.
    Where is Trenton Duckett?

The thing is for JR during his rambling(and rambling about something is generally hard to keep lies...) about Santa he would of course think that Santa NOT would carry JBR feeble as he was.

I think this slip of tongue is very significant and sure indicates that JR knew(speaking from memory) that JBR was in fact carried down the stairs(by himself or by someone else, most likely himself).

For JBR to be carried down the stairs(basement or first floor) JBR probably was out cold at this point. Unconsious or sleeping?

Probably not sleeping, why carry a sleeping child downstairs during the night.
    Last edited by tumble; 07-24-2006 at 04:51 PM.

No...Bill McReynolds could not have pulled off this murder without leaving at least one hair on his chinny chin chin!
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

Quote Originally Posted by Toltec
    No...Bill McReynolds could not have pulled off this murder without leaving at least one hair on his chinny chin chin!
    That's what I think too.

Wasn't it in the inital reports about the garland being in JB's hair, which they deduced was from being carried down the stairs?

Wasn't it in the inital reports about the garland being in JB's hair, which they deduced was from being carried down the stairs?

hollyjokers:
    You mean that something(a garland) was cought in her hair, something that should not be there and could only be explaned by her being carried down the stairs, and if that is the case which stairs? Then this is certainly significant.
    Where is this info?

Also could someone give me directions where I can find a transcription of the BR interview?

Quote Originally Posted by hollyjokers
    That's what I think too.

That probably was the source, but a 6 year old child could easily get garland in her hair when walking up and down the stairs. The garland decorations would be right at the leel of her head.

Quote Originally Posted by tumble

hollyjokers:
    You mean that something(a garland) was cought in her hair, something that should not be there and could only be explaned by her being carried down the stairs, and if that is the case which stairs? Then this is certainly significant.
    Where is this info?

Also could someone give me directions where I can find a transcription of the BR interview?
    I just finished PMPT ( returned it to the library so I can't tell you what page its on) but Linda Arndt noticed when JR brought JBR up from the basement that bits of green stuff was caught in her hair & she remembered seeing similar green garland on the circular staircase. She made the assumption that the garland had caught in her hair as she was being carried down the stairs. However, it could just as easily caught her hair as she was being carried up if she were sleeping when they returned home. Not sure which staircase they would have taken on that trip.

Arndt never went down to the basement ,did she? Had she, she may have noticed similar material.

Not just the garland, but JB's hair was tied into the strangling cord. Both the knot behind her neck and the "mummy wrapping" on the stick had it in there, along with something else...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast