1195 users online (228 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

MS - Morgan Shaw, 6, Waterford, July 2006

I can't find this posted here -

6 year old Vanishes From Parents Bed -includes photos7/22/2006 MARSHALL COUNTY, MS-There's an all out search today for a missing 6 year old girl. The child disappeared in the middle of the night from her home in the Laws Hill community in Marshall County.

"Everybody just loves them. Chris and Jennifer are just likeable people. Their kids play with all of our kids and Morgan is just a sweet little girl and everybody just wants to find her,"says Keel.

The Marshall county sheriff says the parents are also in a state of shock. They are wondering how with two of them in bed with little Morgan she could just vanish in the middle of the night.

Missing Girl Found Shot In The Head
    6-year-old Morgan Shaw has been found alive. But the child has a gunshot wound to her head. Shaw was reported missing from her home in Waterford, Mississippi in Marshall county Saturday.

Morgan's mother told police she woke up about four o'clock Saturday morning and found the front door open, and her little girl gone.

Morgan is in critical condition at LeBonheur. She had surgery Sunday morning and is recovering in the intensive care unit.

Missing Child Clings to LifeA missing 6 year old child is found but she is far from safe and sound. The child was found in an abandoned house miles away from her home where she was abducted from her parents bed.

The abandoned home where the little girl was found sits down a dirt road in Cayce, Mississippi. When they found her she was alive but barely. Sheriff's officers say it appears she'd been shot in the head. Medivac airlifted her to LeBonheur Hospital in Memphis where she underwent an extensive surgery. LeBonheur spokesperson, Anne Glankler says, "We always remain positive. She's in excellent hands here at LeBonheur. When she came in she was in extremely critical condition, she is now in critical condition so that is a step up. Her doctor is positive and remains hopeful and that's all we can do right now."

Authorities investigate shooting of child in north Miss. Morgan Shaw was found early Sunday 30 miles from her home, off of a gravel road west of Cayce, with a gunshot wound to her head, said Sheriff Kenny Dickerson. Shaw may have spent up to 20 hours in heavy vegetation after being abducted Saturday between midnight and 4 a.m.

"The timing was crucial," Dickerson said. "A few more hours and she would not have survived."

A 28-year-old man, an ex-boyfriend of Morgan's baby sitter, was in police custody. The man's identity was not immediately made public, but police say he was emotionally distressed after a recent breakup with the baby sitter.

Neighbors reported seeing a truck similar to the suspect's at the Shaw home about the time of Morgan's disappearance, Dickerson said.

The suspect went to the Shaw home that night to see if his ex-girlfriend's car was there, Dickerson said. The child awakened and went outside to the truck, Dickerson said.

"He placed her in the truck," Dickerson said. "We had reason to believe that she had trust in him, as he was a friend of the baby sitter."

That poor little girl. I pray that she is OK. The article didn't mention if she had been sexually abused. I would bet that she has. A gun shot to the head is not good. She will be lucky if there is no brain damage.
    Retired 08/03/03

Found more information:

Holly Springs, MS -- 28 year old Michael Pruitt didn't answer reporters but wearing a blank stare and a bullet proof vest, he entered a secure courtroom to answer to the state.

Pruitt pleaded not guilty to the kidnapping, aggravated assault and the sexual battery of a six year old Mississippi girl.

It was a whirlwind weekend in Marshall County as hundreds of volunteers spent Saturday searching only for the sheriff and his men to find the child lying here behind an abandoned home 30 miles away.

She was shot in the head, sexually abused and barely alive.

"Its certainly one of the worst cases I have ever had to work on in my career in law enforcement -- certainly disturbing," said Marshall County Sheriff Kenneth Dickerson.

Updated 7/24/06

The victim's mother tells News Channel 3 her daughter is making progress at LeBonheur, but the little girl is still in the "danger zone."

Relatives say the girl responds to them by squeezing their hands. The victim's mother wants to thank everyone for their continued prayers and support. She says doctors reamin hopeful but guarded about her daughter's condition.

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=5190917
    Retired 08/03/03

His girlfriend dumps him so he takes it out on a 6 yr old little girl. I wonder how LE found that little girl 30 mile away. Heck, some LE can't even find little girls that are being held next door much less 30 miles away. I hope this little girl will be alright with no damage too. Thank God she was found in time.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I wonder how LE found that little girl 30 mile away. Heck, some LE can't even find little girls that are being held next door much less 30 miles away.
    From the link in Post #1 -

Dickerson said the suspect agreed to take the sheriff to where Morgan had been left.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Investigators Build Case Against Man Charged With Shooting 6 Year Old

The town talk now focuses on whether this was a case of revenge? Some say Pruitt who had dated the little girl's babysitter was upset about their break-up and was more upset that the child's mother had arranged for the babysitter, his ex-girlfriend, to date someone else. People in town say threats were made. Sheriff's investigators say they have heard the claim and are looking into it as a part of their case. They say statements will be crucial as they pull together facts in the case they are taking to heart.

Another man Jason Reaves has also been charged in this case. Investigators say he gave an alibi for Pruitt which turned out to be false. They also say he removed a weapon from his residence, the weapon they believe was used in the shooting of the six year old. Both Pruitt and Reaves will be in court in Oxford, Mississippi on Thursday.

More: http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=5196507

Unbelievable!!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

what is wrong with this world? just why ...

I guess this will teach others to give a false alibi... first of all a young girl was almost murdered. Totally innocent and unaware that she was in danger. Second of all- why risk your future if you had nothing to do with it! Let both of these guys go DOWN!!!!

Pruitt withdraws bond request

The man charged with kidnapping, sexual battery and aggravated assault against a Marshall County girl will remain behind bars at least until he undergoes a mental evaluation.

The child remains at LeBonheur Children's Research Hospital in Memphis; her condition is no longer being made public.

Benefit For MS Girl Shot In Head

Michael Wallace Pruitt is charged with kidnapping, sexual battery and aggravated assault. His friend, Jason Reaves, is charged with helping Pruitt cover up the crime.

Organizers of the fundraiser say they'll be selling catfish plates, BBQ plates and spaghetti plates. For tickets, call Jason and Michelle Huey at the Friendly Express at (662)252-5522.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Pruitt withdraws bond request

The man charged with kidnapping, sexual battery and aggravated assault against a Marshall County girl will remain behind bars at least until he undergoes a mental evaluation.

The child remains at LeBonheur Children's Research Hospital in Memphis; her condition is no longer being made public.

I wonder why her status is no longer public?
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    I was thinking that the family just wants privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Maybe they don't want Pruitt and his attorney to know.
    You put the light in me...

True, they could tell the perp that she's dead to make him confess but she's really not - I think that's one of their "interrogation tactics" or something...

This poor little girl. She will have emotional and physical healing to cope with. She trusted that creep and no doubt thought that he was a friend! Little kids are so innocent.

I hope they hang both of those guys. How in the world could anyone take a little innocent girl that had done nothing to them...out of revenge towards her mother and the ex girlfriend? How could he rape her and then shoot her in the head? I hope so much that she doesn't have any brain damage.

God, I pray for this baby girl. Please heal Morgan.

What is wrong with people????? I'm so flipping mad from reading this. I'm literally grinding my teeth. This baby was stolen from her parents home and shot and raped. For what? Revenge? Some sick pleasure? Please let me have 5 minutes alone with the monster that did this to her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast