1509 users online (254 members and 1255 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MS - Labrador puppy euthanized after his eyes, ears and mouth glued shut

I wish I hadn't read this. Sick!

Puppy abuse reward offered; Police hope cash leads to arrests

An animal abuse case involving a Labrador puppy that was euthanized after having his eyes, ears and mouth glued shut remained under investigation Tuesday, with outside interests offering up to $3,000 in cash for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
    Gautier Police Capt. Eddie Williams said investigators still have no leads or suspects in the case. Investigators are hoping the cash reward will spur someone to help them.

"We're still trying to find out what happened," Williams said Tuesday.

The Labrador was discovered by an unnamed individual Thursday on Martin Bluff Road near Singing River Grocery. Authorities said someone apparently used PVC pipe glue on the puppy.

The Labrador was rushed to Town and County Veterinary Clinic for possible treatment, but staff members there said it had to be euthanized.

More: http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunhera...l/15123472.htm
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Why? Why in the world would someone do this??? It makes no sense to me. I can't wait to get home and hug my Lab as hard as I can.

This poor angel. If only I could get my hands on the POS that did this, let me tell you I would do worse than what they did to this puppy. And I would sleep like a baby afterwards.

This sent chills down my spine. Poor little pup. I sure hope they catch the perp.

Something similar happened here last year. I don't know all the details because I couldn't bring myself to watch the coverage but I know the puppy survived. It takes a really twisted person to hurt an animal.

The evilness people have in their heart. Poor little pup.

There's a saying...

Not he is great who can alter matter..but he who can alter my state of mind.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson The American Scholar

This world is making me so pessimistic...It means decent members of society are going to have to work even harder. One way to do it would be to make animal abuse a felony (IMO). Anybody who can mistreat any living thing, especially that which is helpless, is not a necessary (and certainly not wanted) element in our existence. People tend to disagree with my view, thinking that if there is anything to learn from a situation or event then that event itself is necessary. Well, this is what I've learned: that some people are cruel and can become crueler. I've learned I don't want to reform or rehabilitate them - I want to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cathieq
    There's a saying...

This world is making me so pessimistic...It means decent members of society are going to have to work even harder. One way to do it would be to make animal abuse a felony (IMO). Anybody who can mistreat any living thing, especially that which is helpless, is not a necessary (and certainly not wanted) element in our existence. People tend to disagree with my view, thinking that if there is anything to learn from a situation or event then that event itself is necessary. Well, this is what I've learned: that some people are cruel and can become crueler. I've learned I don't want to reform or rehabilitate them - I want to get rid of them.
    You just summed up perfectly how I've been feeling lately. Great post.

I didn't read the whole article (can't read that sort of stuff) but I got the basic idea of what happened. I'm speechless and almost in tears. I can't wait to go home and hug and snuggle with my lab too.

There's a saying...

Unfortunately I think I think many of the decent folks in this world are feeling the same way .. I know i do. I guess the lawmakers dont understand that these first victims may be pets or animals but these same perp's go on to commit even worse crimes against the rest of the human population.. anybody that could do such a hateful thing against a puppy is likely to go to do far worse... maybe if these guys were busy serving time for their first crimes then maybe have a chance to get them off the streets before the start in on their human victims..

There's a Dahmer in the making.

I think this one's already made, Jeana. So sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    I think this one's already made, Jeana. So sick.

Don't they go from animal to humans? Maybe this one can be put down before that happens.

Angry

The cruelty of such an act is unspeakable!!! Labs are the sweetest dogs. A Lab puppy would never intentionally hurt anyone except for play biting. My 2-year-old lab even let a baby take a bone out of her mouth!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

There's a saying...

cathie I totally agree with you ,I cant count the number of times i have read that so called rehabillitated people have gone on to commit worse crimes .Look at Avery .

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I agree. Anyone that can do that to a defenseless puppy has an unimaginable cruelty to them. People are always looking for the signs when someone ends up being another Dahmer, well here it is. I just think they are too blind to see sometimes.

What a sick, sick person.

BTW - CuriousAnne - your Labby is a beauty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast