Etiquette

ANGRYWOLF

Former Member
Reaction score
I am not happy with the attittudes some posters have.Rather than discuss the cases with anyone/everyone, they only seem to want to respond to their "friends". I hope the forum admin will take steps to discourage that.People who want to only discuss cases with their friends and associates can either email or IM if they refuse to talk to the rest of us here.:doh:

LOL Im not happy with poster attitudes all the time either. That and a quarter will get me a gumball. Angrywolf , sometimes it takes a while to figure out the WS style. Some folks have posted here for years and get chatty. Others are very serious case only posters. Most are somewhere in between. Every forum on WS has a different style and draws people for different reasons. Hang in there and you will find your voice.

ANGRYWOLF said:
I am not happy with the attittudes some posters have.Rather than discuss the cases with anyone/everyone, they only seem to want to respond to their "friends". snip.:doh:
I do remember when I first started posting here feeling similarly. My posts went unanswered and I felt invisible. But it's more about getting into a rhythm and just continuing to post and not worry about being answered. Many many of my posts go unanswered to this day, but I just don't take it personally and hope you do the same,stay and keep posting.
When I post,I do not post with the expectation of being responded to, but rather just putting more information out there to continue the discussion and it may or may not include me. But admittedly there are times when i address a specific poster.
I am notorious for hijacking and for that i apologize in advance.

So don't be discouraged and don't think you are intentionally being ignored..that only happens when you make someone really angry!!

Good to see you posting Angrywolf.

Angrywolf, sometimes I have felt the same way over the last several years, when no one responds to a post that you think was particularly meaningful, or when you see a lot of threads that end with the last post - that ends with your name. :eek: That is almost the worst of all, as it makes you wonder if what you wrote was interesting to nobody!

I've been here so long now I let those things fly right over my head. I feel that you write a post to say something that is meaningful, right? If noone answers you it doesn't really matter, as they all read it and maybe they had nothing to say because it was right on. Or now the conversation has sidetracked to something else. That happens a lot.

But you know the neat thing Angrywolf? Sometimes you will go for, say, two more pages of posts and suddenly someone will refer to what you said, or write a post that they read, maybe a few days before and they have been thinking about it and suddenly they have something meaningful to say. I do that a lot, by the way. Or I'll just read a post and think about it overnight and then the next day I will be fresh and know just what I want to say to them.

So keep the faith and don't be angry, OK? LOL There is just too much goodness that abounds here in this site. You can take what you want from it and give what feels important to you. You are a part of us you know. A Web Sleuther. That is special, and your opinion is just as important as that of someone who has been here for years.

Scandi

JBean said:
I do remember when I first started posting here feeling similarly. My posts went unanswered and I felt invisible. But it's more about getting into a rhythm and just continuing to post and not worry about being answered. Many many of my posts go unanswered to this day, but I just don't take it personally and hope you do the same,stay and keep posting.
When I post,I do not post with the expectation of being responded to, but rather just putting more information out there to continue the discussion and it may or may not include me. But admittedly there are times when i address a specific poster.
I am notorious for hijacking and for that i apologize in advance.

So don't be discouraged and don't think you are intentionally being ignored..that only happens when you make someone really angry!!

Good to see you posting Angrywolf.
Yes, everyone should feel welcome. And JBean is exactly right. I wouldn't worry if you are answered or not. It will happen many times. I have left posting areas that just seemed so clicky......because why stay there. And sometimes you might go to have a bit of laughter on a down day, and everyone there is showing their 100% intelligence. Like having some fun, is not the proper thing.
So, find some places that understand your own special self worth......and then enjoy. This really is a great site...even with its little pitfalls.
biggrin.gif

ANGRYWOLF said:
I am not happy with the attittudes some posters have.Rather than discuss the cases with anyone/everyone, they only seem to want to respond to their "friends". I hope the forum admin will take steps to discourage that.People who want to only discuss cases with their friends and associates can either email or IM if they refuse to talk to the rest of us here.:doh:
I will quote something Dr Doogie wrote a day or 2 ago in the Anna Waters thread, maybe this will explain a little about why people talk sometimes via PM/ and email and are not posting info on the board:

One of the issues on both closed forums is that certain posters felt that relevant information was not being posted and only shared in PM's between a few "chosen" researchers. There are some aspects of this search that have purposely been kept out of the forum. This is not done to create an elite class of members here, but to allow some investigation that could not occur with total transparency. This allows us to look into backgrounds of people who are not "suspects", yet their circumstances dictate that they should be examined closer, without having those details exposed to the public at large. I would ask for your understanding on this point and your trust that information will be shared when it is appropriate. One researcher here is looking into a very promising potential match for Anna from adoption websites, while I am looking into the background of someone who was in a position to be involved in Anna's disappearance that has not been thoroughly investigated in the past. Both leads may (and probably will) turn out to be false, and as a result, we do not want to post too much information (and speculation) before we truely know what the facts are. We are dealing with real people who deserve their privacy until the facts warrant otherwise.

Hehe...There are times when I feel, that I am on everyones ignore list.! :doh: :D
But it hasn't stopped me yet. Nope they can't get rid of me. :crazy:

Keep on posting Angrywolf, you'll be glad you did!

Funny.....but, an "Ignor List" should be used for the very offensive people. I think it should be used sparingly. Why hurt someones feelings if they are taking "their" time to write. Everyones opinion is of value, even if we do not agree. The whole fun of being on WS is all the information that comes at you......some benificial, some not. A bigger pet-peeve of mine is just having 'part' of a story. Just a corner of the whole picture. Hummmmm is that why my posts are so looooooong?
confused.gif
Everyone be nice.......please.....
dance.gif

It's too cliquish....It's more than just ..well someone is investigating this or that and they are withholding info...That is not true in my case or apparently in others.People have favorites, people they only want to respond to and choose to ignore the rest of us...I think that everyone who comes here has value.We all have something noteworthy to say. I have been involved in the Johnia Berry case, an unsolved murder case for some time now and it pains me that so few people seem interested in even reading about it here on this board. www.johniaberry.org is the website put up by her family.

So I am probably not going to come here as often as I use to. I need to find some place I will feel welcomed and appreciated. Take care guys.:banghead:

ANGRYWOLF said:
It's too cliquish....It's more than just ..well someone is investigating this or that and they are withholding info...That is not true in my case or apparently in others.People have favorites, people they only want to respond to and choose to ignore the rest of us...I think that everyone who comes here has value.We all have something noteworthy to say. I have been involved in the Johnia Berry case, an unsolved murder case for some time now and it pains me that so few people seem interested in even reading about it here on this board. www.johniaberry.org is the website put up by her family.

So I am probably not going to come here as often as I use to. I need to find some place I will feel welcomed and appreciated. Take care guys.:banghead:
Mr. Wolf......It takes some time. It just does. When I first came I just kept writing. If you post the website with very clear information......people eventually read, understand, and try to help you out.
It just isn't instant. Some cases are not known to others and they have to slowly learn what happened. I hope you don't give up. Stay with your thread and keep posting what is new, and what you need. You will be surprised when people start to find clues or give suggestions. There definately are some cliques. I don't see that really in the missing threads that much.......but certainly in others. I hope you don't give up on WS it is a great site........it can be so helpful. I know because we have missing Laura Mackenzie and we are looking for answers too.

ANGRYWOLF said:

I think too some threads are like this, exactly as you describe, that's when I move on....find some other threads on here where people WILL appreciate your posts,ask you for your opinions, ask you to volunteer for stuff ;) I know you would be welcomed and appreciated in any thread I am working in...you can see the links in my siggy.

and all the others who have posted...

I was interested in the case where the lady in Texas was stabbed..the realtor..it was difficult to even get any response from the other people there...they didn't want to hear any input from me..that was obvious..and made me feel like I was an outsider..
I just don't feel this site is worth the aggravation.I will return from time to time and post about the Berry case..when something new happens..if anybody is interested..but I am through as far as any other postings are concerned...either starting or commenting about others.Not worth my time.:clap:

Angrywolf, I remember popping in now and then on that, but it was at a really busy time of work for me, and I couldn't post much. (A blessing perhaps for people who have to read what I say. :slap: )

Anyways, there has been absolutely nothing on the case here in the news. So it is hard to keep things going when the police are keeping things so close to their chests. I don't know if they are just turning up dead ends or they have something they want to keep quiet, but the news has been just silent. If it were in Houston or the surrounding areas, I know some people I can ask, but it is Dallas and out of my reach.

Also, in that case, a lot of things were perhaps pointing to a personal relationship that might have gone sour--and the woman had some personal issues (the divorce, the online dating/profile thing, the mysterious attack earlier at her home) and it was hard I personally thought, to say anything without falling into talking about the victim.

Anyways, I post often with no response. I have found if you respond to others they will respond to you. And I am one of those posters who may read, think, and come back to answer or respond.

Just some thoughts. Hope you come back.

:D

I'm new here (as of yesterday new) and I haven't noticed the clique-ness only because I've learned that to get involved in a forum you have to intentfully ignore it at first. Therefor, I read posts, but pay no attention to names or who is posting where and such. I've not found much to comment on as of yet (EXCEPT FOR THREADS THAT WERE GOING WHILE I WAS WAITING HOURS TO BE ACTIVATED!!! :p) but I did jump in on a few games.
As for the problem of no one responding to your thread, I think part of the problem might be the speed of the forum. Thread activity is very fast here!!! And there are so many forums with so many topics that when I come in I hit the "New Posts" option and only check out the top 10 or 20 posts. So I imagine I'll never see some threads unless I'm really, really bored or specifically looking for something (which is how i found this thread). I know that sounds awful but it's too hard to keep up with it all.

I truly think we all try very hard to work w/ one another and acknowledge everyone's opinions. Yes, on certain forums (just a few) there can be a very "clickish" environment but I recognize those and it is just not worth my time. Keep posting because we need all the input we can get in order to try and bring light to soooooooooooo many cases that are out there. The large media hype cases are generally where you will find that kind of ownership behaviour --and trust me the majority of those who participate in that particular type of case are great! However, there are so many other cases out there that deserve a look at and I have always found the majority of WS's to be wonderful. I can't say enough for the Administrator, Tricia, and the MOD's...they really have everyone's best interest at heart. Keep posting Angrywolf!!! And don't let it get you down!

I think we all need to take a gander and the TOS and really take a look at how we treat people on here. I was just on the reciving end of a nasty post and I am very upset over it. Hwta gives someone the right to be so rude and nasty to others on here.

2sisters said:
I think we all need to take a gander and the TOS and really take a look at how we treat people on here. I was just on the reciving end of a nasty post and I am very upset over it. Hwta gives someone the right to be so rude and nasty to others on here.
Hello 2sisters,:)
You are so right.I do not know what happened with you but....
I got an angry and nasty PM from someone just because I posted on a forum responding to someone that I posted the same thing that they were saying,gave the post # I wrote to refer to and ended up with a nasty PM.
(I pointed out the post # in case my post was missed,it was a reference point.)
Just because a poster points out a post,it does not mean that they are attention seeking,it is because some posts are missed without intention to miss them.
So therefore we should be able to say "I brought that up on post #" .....

without being bashed.

Just a few words that were taken offence to.It was obvious on my post that it was not disrespectful.(Respect I gave at the heading and closing of my post)
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I did see that one dark_shadows and I do wonder sometimes why people are so ridiculous on here sometimes. Anyone that's ever read your posts across several threads would know that your intention was not to say *it was my idea first* . As if we are all in first grade or something. I keep waiting for someone to say nuh uh...it was my idea, not yours, I'm telling on you.

I do get really aggravated sometimes at how adamant some folks are about their theories being the only *right* ones and it can really ruin decent threads for me when one person has to start bullying everyone. My mother always told me when she was alive that it takes all kinds and I try to take that to heart.

I get ignored all the time and I'm used to it. Every once in a while I start a thread and I get so excited when people actual post to it!!! It might only be a couple people but at least I know I'm not invisible.

lymom3 said:
I did see that one dark_shadows and I do wonder sometimes why people are so ridiculous on here sometimes. Anyone that's ever read your posts across several threads would know that your intention was not to say *it was my idea first* . As if we are all in first grade or something. I keep waiting for someone to say nuh uh...it was my idea, not yours, I'm telling on you.

I do get really aggravated sometimes at how adamant some folks are about their theories being the only *right* ones and it can really ruin decent threads for me when one person has to start bullying everyone. My mother always told me when she was alive that it takes all kinds and I try to take that to heart.

I get ignored all the time and I'm used to it. Every once in a while I start a thread and I get so excited when people actual post to it!!! It might only be a couple people but at least I know I'm not invisible.
Hello Lymom3,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so much for being here.Also thanks for knowing how I am.
All of my Respect to you.
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23