GUILTY GA - Jennifer Ewing, 54, Smyrna, 25 July 2006

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
PD Look for Missing Woman in Cobb

Police in Smyrna are looking for a missing 54-year-old woman, last seen at the Silver Comet Trail Tuesday afternoon.

Friends and family of Jennifer Ewing, the missing woman, continue to turn out to search for her. Smyrna Police, as well as other local police agencies, are leading the search effort.

Ewing was last seen Tuesday around 1:00 p.m., riding her bicycle on the trail. Her family told 11Alive that she usually bikes about 25 miles down the trail, then turns around and bikes back, the journey beginning and ending at the trail head in Smyrna, near Nickajack Elementary School.

Pictures at link.

Unfortunately, it looks like her body has been found:

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=82495

SMYRNA, Ga. (AP) -- Officials in Paulding County found a woman's body Wednesday along the Silver Comet Trail, and a Smyrna Police Department spokesman said the body was believed to be that of a missing 54-year-old woman.

Jennifer Ewing of Sandy Springs had gone riding on the trail on Tuesday, but failed to return home.

"What we believe to be the body of Jennifer Ewing" has been found in Paulding County, Smyrna spokesman Sgt. Robert Harvey said. "The body has not been positively identified by the GBI."

Foul Play Suspected in Ewing Death

Police say they suspect foul play in the death of a 54-year-old woman along the Silver Comet Trail.

Jennifer Ewing was found dead on Wednesday morning just across the Paulding County line. Ewing went cycling on the trail on Tuesday and never came home.

Investigators say they are waiting on forensic evidence and a pending autopsy. Just off the trail, Ewing’s body was found virtually nude in a bed of kudzu. They say there were visible signs of trauma and obvious signs of a struggle. They say her clothing was shredded, and not all of it on her body. Her shorts, specifically, were off.

Police say she fought her attackers every step of the way.

“She put up a struggle,” said Paulding County Sheriff Bruce Harris. “We feel like she put up a struggle.”

The Sandy Springs woman whose body was found off the Silver Comet Trail

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/0726missing.html was killed, an investigator told reporters Wednesday.

Lt. Col. Jim Walker of the Paulding County Sheriff's Office told reporters that his office is investigating the death of Jennifer Ewing, 54 as a homocide. Authorities have strung up police tape and worked from a mobile crimer-scene unit throughout Wednesday afternoon at the site off the SilverComet Trail where search crews found the woman's body about 11 a.m.

The GBI has not formally confirmed the body found was that of Ewing, but the family has issued a statement confirming her death.

She's such a pretty, sweet looking lady. From the story a very wonderful person.

I'm starting to be ashamed of being human. Why as a species are we so homicidal? Animals generally kill for food or territory or defense.

Well, I guess evil has now infiltrated the Silver Comet Trail. This is ridiculous- nowhere is safe!

I know - that's such a beautiful, cool place. It's terrible for it to be so sullied. This woman sounds like she was just an amazing addition to the race. So sad.

montana_16 said:
She's such a pretty, sweet looking lady. From the story a very wonderful person.

I'm starting to be ashamed of being human. Why as a species are we so homicidal? Animals generally kill for food or territory or defense.
I feel exactly the same way. As a second cousin to missing Laura Mackenzie....and now seeing other stories, it is so unbelieveable.
I hope the new Adam Walsh Bill will help in some ways.
America has to get tough on predators of people.
This is getting way out of control. A monster( or monsters I should say) invading our peaceful land.

This woman rode like 50 miles a day on her bike! She always went at the same time and on that trail. I wonder if she was a random choice or if he had been watching her pattern.

A lot of things need to change so that we will be safer but one thing that we need to do that some of us are ignoring is to keep our selves as safe as possible by....not riding, walking, jogging, alone. Not wearing headphones when riding, walking, jogging so that we can hear if someone walks up behind us. I know that things have happened when two people have been together but it isn't as likely. We have to do our part in staying safe too.

I'm not blaming this female victim for her own murder. I just wish that people wouldn't do things alone in this dangerous day and age. Like Pat Brown on Nancy said today "there is nowhere that is safe." Pat said that she thinks the killer was probably hiding by the side of the trail and when this lady went flying by on her bike he probably stuck something out that would have thrown her off her bike...like a stick in her spokes. She said it probably happened so fast that the woman didn't know what happened at first.

I feel so bad for her family. From everything that was said on Nancy this lady was a special person to everyone that knew her.

Bobbisangel said:
This woman rode like 50 miles a day on her bike! She always went at the same time and on that trail. I wonder if she was a random choice or if he had been watching her pattern.

A lot of things need to change so that we will be safer but one thing that we need to do that some of us are ignoring is to keep our selves as safe as possible by....not riding, walking, jogging, alone. Not wearing headphones when riding, walking, jogging so that we can hear if someone walks up behind us. I know that things have happened when two people have been together but it isn't as likely. We have to do our part in staying safe too.

I'm not blaming this female victim for her own murder. I just wish that people wouldn't do things alone in this dangerous day and age. Like Pat Brown on Nancy said today "there is nowhere that is safe." Pat said that she thinks the killer was probably hiding by the side of the trail and when this lady went flying by on her bike he probably stuck something out that would have thrown her off her bike...like a stick in her spokes. She said it probably happened so fast that the woman didn't know what happened at first.

I feel so bad for her family. From everything that was said on Nancy this lady was a special person to everyone that knew her.
Every time I have been on this trail, it has been fairly well-populated. Of course, it is long, so not all of it is teeming with people.

I run regularly by the Chattahooche River here in Atlanta. I would say by myself, but there are a lot of people on the 5K trail. Occasionally, I will hit a lonely stretch. Perhaps danger is everywhere, but I don't really believe that. I wouldn't trade my solitary jog for anything. Yes, we should be prudent, but I don't feel like we have to travel in packs.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/0728metsuspect.html
from the link above posted by southcitymom...

"Ledford went to the police department in Dallas at 3 p.m. Tuesday bleeding
from a wound beneath his waist, a Dallas police officer told WSB-TV. Ledford told police he was injured during a dispute with a prostitute, and officers took him to a hospital, the TV station reported."

I heard thru the Atlanta medical grapevine from a reliable source the injury he sustain was a bite to his penis that practically took it off! That's what sent him to the hospital.

dragonfly said:
I heard thru the Atlanta medical grapevine from a reliable source the injury he sustain was a bite to his penis that practically took it off! That's what sent him to the hospital.
I was hoping this was the case!!

southcitymom said:
I was hoping this was the case!!
Yeah, if there was any justice in the world...he would have bled to death and she would have survived!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back