GUILTY UT - Trisha Autry, 15, abducted & murdered, Hyrum, 24 June 2000

He must have needed a lot of time and privacy to do the things he did... I guess thats why we hear many killers are "loners" that keep to themselves...

However this child ultimately died I hope it was swift, the things he did afterwards to her remans are just too bizarre.

I haven't gone in to read the link yet - I don't think I want to after having read your posts.................

When it comes to children being harmed, I get sick to my stomach!

poco said:
I haven't gone in to read the link yet - I don't think I want to after having read your posts.................

When it comes to children being harmed, I get sick to my stomach!

??? After reading my POSTS? What? I'm a child victim advocate. Confused I guess Poco.

Unless you're talking about the parking lot. I don't think I should be condemned for ONE statement which is my opinion only. Now who's throwing stones or judging. GEESSHHH If we were not allowed our own opinions here why does anyone post?! :confused:

I couldn't find anything about this case on the board and I thought it was interesting considering that he plead guilty then withdrew his plea.

Court to hear arguments in appeal of 2004 Cache murder conviction

On appeal, Nielsen argues that his convictions should be reversed because although the trial court originally granted his motion to move his trial to Davis County, his trial was heard by Box Elder County jurors in Cache County. Among other things, Nielsen also claims there was not enough evidence to support his aggravated kidnapping conviction.

http://www.standard.net/stories/201...ts-appeal-2004-cache-county-murder-conviction

More below about the trial

'You can't sugarcoat evil,' prosecutor says
He paints a grisly picture of Cache teen's 2000 slaying

Nielsen, 31, is charged with capital murder, first-degree felony aggravated kidnapping, second-degree felony kidnapping and two third-degree felony counts of desecration of a human body.

"He sat up on that hill and piece by piece took her body apart, ripped her flesh from her bones," Wyatt said.

<<snipped>>

Nielsen pleaded guilty in January 2003 to capital murder as part of a deal to spare his life. He later withdrew his plea, however, and asked for a trial.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/585037608/You-cant-sugarcoat-evil-prosecutor-says.html?pg=all

More here

Nielsen gets life, no parole
Killer of teen girl pleads with jury in Cache case

LOGAN — Jurors spared Cody Lynn Nielsen's life Wednesday, just hours after they heard from the convicted murderer for the first time.

The six-man, six-woman jury deliberated just 2 1/2 hours before returning their verdict of life in prison without parole. Jurors could have sentenced Nielsen to death or life in prison with the possibility of parole for the June 2000 murder of 15-year-old Trisha Ann Autry.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/590039471/Nielsen-gets-life-no-parole.html?pg=all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back