CO CO - Rocio Chila Sperry, 15, Colorado Springs, 10 Nov 1987 *R. Browne guilty*

Rle7

Reaction score
The man who killed a Black Forest girl in 1991 has been tied to at least 19 other homicides in nine states and overseas by statements he made to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, making him one of the more prolific serial killers in the nation.

Robert Charles Browne, 53, who’s serving life without parole in a state prison in Cañon City for the kidnapping and murder of 13-year-old Heather Dawn Church, pleaded guilty today in El Paso County District Court to one of those additional killings: Rocio Sperry, the wife of a soldier and mother of a 3-month-old girl, whose strangled body Browne said he put in a Colorado Springs trash bin in 1987. Her body was never found.

Browne pleaded guilty to the murder in exchange for a concurrent life sentence, and has told authorities he’s killed 48 people.

http://www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1319651

I'm sure this will bring closure for some families...But if it were one of my relatives I'm not sure I'd want to know in this case. I wouldn't know which would be best - to not know what happened to them or to know that they suffered at his hands. I just don't know but my deepest sympathy to all the families. Browne? He should have been dead long ago.

I would want to know if a missing loved one was murdered by this guy. I just wouldn't want to know the details.

This guy truly confounds me. I didn't see a photo, but women have said that his guy was smart, charming, etc. Yet, later in the relationship, he became controlling.

He hates women. He thinks that they are all *advertiser censored* and that they want something from men. Why did he kill a little girl, though??

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't agree with making deals to save their lives.
One guy I know on Death Row said sometimes you have to admit to crimes you did not commit in order to make deals and that he'd admit to being the mastermind behind 911 to commute his sentence. On lesser charges than murder they also make deals for crimes they didn't commit.

It's not right, I don't agree to it either - but it "clears the books" of unsolved cases, so it's not a practice that will go away.

nanandjim said:
I would want to know if a missing loved one was murdered by this guy. I just wouldn't want to know the details.

This guy truly confounds me. I didn't see a photo, but women have said that his guy was smart, charming, etc. Yet, later in the relationship, he became controlling.

He hates women. He thinks that they are all *advertiser censored* and that they want something from men. Why did he kill a little girl, though??
He said her killed the 13-year-old because she caught him burglarizing a home, but I never know what is true or isn't true with people like this.

I would want to know if someone I loved and couldn't find had died at his hands.

GlitchWizard said:
One guy I know on Death Row said sometimes you have to admit to crimes you did not commit in order to make deals and that he'd admit to being the mastermind behind 911 to commute his sentence. On lesser charges than murder they also make deals for crimes they didn't commit.

It's not right, I don't agree to it either - but it "clears the books" of unsolved cases, so it's not a practice that will go away.

I know you're right. Sometimes the families have to settle for justice by a higher power. Sometimes we won't know what happened to our loved ones until we join them. These pieces of trash who have abused probably everyone they've ever known in life only to continue to do so locked up just isn't worth bargaining with.

Lisa Lowe -- 21 years old -- heading to her boyfriend. Met her outside nightclub. Nov. 3 1991 missing. Discovered Nov., 26. had consensual sex. Strangled and umped her in St. Francis River. 5 feet 125 pounds. Manner and cause of death. Church . Sept. 17 1991 missing Sept 16. 1993 body remains found in El Paso. Fingerprint. Accept a plea to first degree murder.

Rocio Sperry -- 15 year old. 5 fet 4 104 years old Missing Nov. 15, 1987. disposed of body in dumpster. She was heading to the store. Employed as a clerk

More at link...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9587682/detail.html

This is getting insane.This SOB is my age.
Now I need some ones help.Early 70's there was a girl reported missing in Hayward CA. I will try and spell her name as best I can.Wondering if someone can find info on the case.
Michella Gaerecht I think I know Michella is the right first name.

JDB said:
This is getting insane.This SOB is my age.
Now I need some ones help.Early 70's there was a girl reported missing in Hayward CA. I will try and spell her name as best I can.Wondering if someone can find info on the case.
Michella Gaerecht I think I know Michella is the right first name.
Here's a link:
http://www.forthelost.org/mgarecht.html

Michaela Joy Garecht, Hayward CA 1988

Colorado man says he commited 48 murders

By JON SARCHE Associated Press Writer
© 2006 The Associated Press

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A man serving a life sentence in Colorado for murdering a teenage girl has claimed responsibility for as many as 48 slayings across the country dating back more than three decades, authorities said Thursday.

Robert Charles Browne, 53, told authorities the slayings occurred from 1970 until his arrest in 1995. He was in court Thursday to plead guilty to one of those killings _ the death of another girl in Colorado in 1987.

Authorities so far have been able to corroborate his detailed claims in seven slayings _ three in Louisiana, two in Texas, one in Arkansas and the two in Colorado, El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa said.

He said Browne's claim of 48 murders could be credible.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4077703.html

I smell a book deal. Maybe he wants to be on TV more. Maybe he's trying to keep Garagos employed.

and here are some local news links:

Man Who Confesses to 48 Murders is from Arklatex
http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=5208221

Man indicted in Colorado confesses to killings in Red River Parish
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060728/NEWS03/607280329

I was living and working in this parish in 1983 when these murders occurred. For what it's worth, there was always talk that LE knew who stabbed Wanda Hudson to death, but the good ole boy network covered it up. Different LE 'regime' back then, though.

I found an interesting myspace profile listing online. Since at least one of his murders was done with an ice pick and since we know he also used a knife on others this listing caught my eye but I was unable to pull up the complete page.
. . . trusty companions,rusty,a dull and rusty knife,and lucky,a dull and stained icepick,our heroes quest for seven sacred virgins begins.guest apearances . . .

It's my personal opinion that this monster did not break into Heather Dawn Church's house for the purpose of committing a burglary.

Many monsters who attack women will also attack little girls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back