904 users online (183 members and 721 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Man Bitten By Snake In Sanford Wal-Mart, Florida

Another snake in WalMart.........

A man is being treated with anti-venom after he was bitten by snake in Sanford.

The unidentified man was reaching into a plant at a Wal-Mart when the snake apparently bit him. It was not clear what type of snake it was, but the man is expected to make a full recovery.

A company representative told local media that it was an isolated incident and they are taking precautions to make sure it didn't happen again.

Trappers captured and killed the snake after a portion of the store was closed.

How is it an isolated incident if it happened at a Walmart just a few months or so?

I know that area of Florida is rampant with snakes. I spent a summer at Girl Scout Primitive camp there. We had rattlers, water moccasins, adders, coral snakes, indigo, coachwhips. We were always on the lookout for them. They did poison the lake for the water moccasins, and we encountered only 2 or 3 rattle snakes. Never did see a coral snake there, but saw the King Coral version that was harmless. Indigos are harmless, big and keep rattlesnakes away.

With that much wildlife in the area, I would guess that it would definitely be possible to have a snake get into the store. I don't think I could blame Walmart on this one.