Scarlett Johansson

She has been one of my girl crushes since I saw her in Ghost World. I think she is absolutely gorgeous. The camera loves her.

She's beautiful, but I agree...don't do a Woody Allen film. Please.

For some reason I love Woody Allen films, dont ask why, lol...I also have always liked Diane keaton, and Meryl Streep.

Paladin: I hate Woody Allen.
You and me both. I never got over him sleeping with (and marrying) the half-sister of his own child. And I didn't particularly have a smile on my face when they found the *advertiser censored* shots in his apt. of Soon-Li (or whatever her name is). Nor did I think highly of him over the accusations that he was molesting the other child. I used to like his movies but now I think he's got a screw loose and I don't spend any of my money on anything he does.

MasterJ: She has been one of my girl crushes since I saw her in Ghost World. I think she is absolutely gorgeous. The camera loves her.
Ditto! I thought she was phenomenal in the Horse Whisperer and also thought she was wonderful in Lost in Translation. She's a beautiful girl and an excellent actress. I think in the next few years she will become the darling of Hollywood, if she's not already.

HeartofTexas said:
You and me both. I never got over him sleeping with (and marrying) the half-sister of his own child. And I didn't particularly have a smile on my face when they found the *advertiser censored* shots in his apt. of Soon-Li (or whatever her name is). Nor did I think highly of him over the accusations that he was molesting the other child. I used to like his movies but now I think he's got a screw loose and I don't spend any of my money on anything he does.

That was wrong!!! He should have never done that!

I like her too. She's already done 2 movies with him. I hope no more. Never liked the guy or his movies.

I refuse to contribute to Woody Allen in any way, shape or form. He's nasty to me. But, in all honesty, I don't get the appeal of this girl. There soooo many beautiful actresses, but she's just not there in my opinion and I don't think she can act either, so I'll be skipping her movies.

Jeana (DP) said:
I refuse to contribute to Woody Allen in any way, shape or form. He's nasty to me. But, in all honesty, I don't get the appeal of this girl. There soooo many beautiful actresses, but she's just not there in my opinion and I don't think she can act either, so I'll be skipping her movies.
Just out of curiousity, did you see Lost in Translation? That movie was amazing.

Masterj said:
Just out of curiousity, did you see Lost in Translation? That movie was amazing.

I don't like Bill Murray thats' why I didn't see it. JMO

Woody Allen=disgusting

Scarlett= absolutely stunning.

I have never seen Lost in Translation, I will rent that next.

Anyone that didn't see a very young Scarlett in The Horse Whisperer (with Redford) should definitely check it out. I found the movie itself to be quite moving but I thought her performance in particular, and especially considering her age at the time (maybe 12-13) was extremely good. Obviously, JMHO.

HeartofTexas said:
Anyone that didn't see a very young Scarlett in The Horse Whisperer (with Redford) should definitely check it out. I found the movie itself to be quite moving but I thought her performance in particular, and especially considering her age at the time (maybe 12-13) was extremely good. Obviously, JMHO.
I didnt know she was in that? I thought it was Jenna Malone, I have not seen it but my Mom said it was good...Dreamer was really good.

Yes, Scarlet was in it. She played the young girl who had the horrible riding accident and most of the movie is devoted to her and the horse trying to deal with and recover from their wounds. For such a young girl, she did a great job displaying a vast range of emotions.

HeartofTexas said:
Yes, Scarlet was in it. She played the young girl who had the horrible riding accident and most of the movie is devoted to her and the horse trying to deal with and recover from their wounds. For such a young girl, she did a great job displaying a vast range of emotions.
I will have to see it, I heard it was good.

I was 12 when I did "Horse Whisperer," 15 when I made "Ghost World," and only 17 when we shot "Lost in Translation." I guess what I'm trying to say is I haven't been in "adulthood" for very long.
Her big breakthrough, as a physically and emotionally scarred young girl in Robert Redford's mainstream "The Horse Whisperer," was followed by indie supporting roles for the Coen brothers ("The Man Who Wasn't There") and Terry Zwigoff ("Ghost World"). She came into her own as a leading lady with "Lost in Translation" and "The Girl With a Pearl Earring," and last year earned some of the best reviews of her career as the scorned other woman in the Woody Allen drama "Match Point."
http://www.sundaypaper.com/AE/Movies/MoviesArchives/tabid/217/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1680/073006-Movies.aspx

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back