DNA Under Nails Matches Panty DNA?

Nuisanceposter

Remembering Little Miss Christmas
Reaction score
I hadn't ever heard until this week that the DNA found under JonBenet's fingernails matches the DNA found in her panties. What is the story here? Is that a fact? Who are Gray and Augustin, other than PIs hired by the Rs?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/12/23/earlyshow/living/main662681.shtml

What's more, reported 48 Hours, the Denver police crime lab has two spots of JonBenet's blood found on the underwear she was wearing the night of the murder. Mixed in with that blood is the DNA of an unknown person. It has taken years to isolate, but forensic scientists in Colorado now have a complete DNA profile of the killer. They know the killer is a male. What they don't know is his name.

Augustin and Gray, private detectives hired by John and Patsy Ramsey in 1999, are convinced the DNA sample belongs to JonBenet's killer, because of a small amount of matching DNA that also was found under the 6-year-old murder victim's fingernails.

The DNA was degraded, and the blood was fresh. This degraded DNA would be easily transferred from the nails to the panties, or vice versa. I don't think the DNA is the killer's.

IrishMist said:
The DNA was degraded, and the blood was fresh. This degraded DNA would be easily transferred from the nails to the panties, or vice versa. I don't think the DNA is the killer's.
JB's DNA was fresh, and suppose an intruder killed her, then wouldn't his DNA have had to be fresh too and not degraded if he and JB were shedding DNA at the same time?

"I hadn't ever heard until this week that the DNA found under JonBenet's fingernails matches the DNA found in her panties. What is the story here? Is that a fact? Who are Gray and Augustin, other than PIs hired by the Rs?"

Gray and Augustin are their PIs. That assertion of theirs was put out with no challenge by the network. When Tom Bennett heard this story, he was clear that he didn't agree with their assertion. He even said what Henry Lee said: it could have come from anywhere.

No, it's not fact.

"It has taken years to isolate, but forensic scientists in Colorado now have a complete DNA profile of the killer."

That's a lie. They admit they only have ten out of thirteen markers, and even then, Larry Kobalinsky said that the DNA is unchanged, but the TESTS have gotten better.

"The DNA was degraded, and the blood was fresh. This degraded DNA would be easily transferred from the nails to the panties, or vice versa."

Exactly! The world is bristling with human DNA. I probably have tons of it on me.

"JB's DNA was fresh, and suppose an intruder killed her, then wouldn't his DNA have had to be fresh too and not degraded if he and JB were shedding DNA at the same time?"

Common sense would tell you so. They even found human DNA in other panties from the plant where they were made.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back