WA - One killed, 5 injured in Seattle Jewish Federation shooting, 28 July 2008

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Info for subject title obtained from Nancy Grace program. One terrorist apprehended and in custody.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/279302_shooting28ww.html?source=mypi

ETA One witness, who declined to give her name, said a man walked into the Jewish Federation building with a gun, said he was upset about what was going on in Israel, then opened fire. After the shootings, the man said to call 911, the witness said. The witness said the man identified himself as an American Muslim.

More "out there" extremist. Unfortunately, I believe there will be more. Some of these self proclaimed muslims are acting out in there own prejudices. IMO.

concernedperson said:
More "out there" extremist. Unfortunately, I believe there will be more. Some of these self proclaimed muslims are acting out in there own prejudices. IMO.

Yep. I'm wondering how many we provided safe passage into the US via cruise ships and naval ships out of Lebanon.

Liz said:
Yep. I'm wondering how many we provided safe passage into the US via cruise ships and naval ships out of Lebanon.

Good thought..I haven't even been there yet.

Charges filed in Seattle Jewish Federation shootings
By GENE JOHNSON
Aug 02, 2006 - 02:51:58 pm PDT

SEATTLE - A man accused in the shooting rampage at Seattle's Jewish Federation office last week was charged Wednesday with nine felony counts, including aggravated first-degree murder and violation of the state's hate-crime law.

"Make no mistake, this was a hate crime," King County Prosecutor Norm Maleng told a news conference. "The attack on these women was an attack on the Jewish community, not only in Seattle but throughout our nation and the world."

Naveed Afzal Haq is charged with aggravated first-degree murder in the death of Pamela Waechter, 58, director of the Jewish charity's annual fundraising campaign. Conviction is punishable either by life in prison or death; Maleng has 30 days to decide whether to seek the death penalty.

Haq also is charged with five counts of attempted first-degree murder in the wounding of five women at the federation's downtown offices Friday afternoon; one count of first-degree kidnapping, involving a teenage girl who was briefly taken hostage; one count of first-degree burglary for allegedly entering a locked facility to commit a crime; and one count of malicious harassment under the state's hate-crime law.

--> more at link:
http://www.tdn.com/articles/2006/08/02/ap-state-wa/d8j8h1uo0.txt

I still don't see why this isn't considered a terrorist act. Haq clearly terrorized the Jewish community in Seattle, if not throughout the entire U.S.

This will be a very emotional trial for many, but from reading some of his history the insanity defence may be plausible, he was a very troubled man, we shall see what evidence the defence has for the insanity defence when it comes to there CIC

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back