the strange marks

tumble

Reaction score
I think the marks on JBR's neck and back are very strange.
We see from pictures of christmas morning that at least the neck mark was not present.

Normally bruises ages like this:
dark blue/purple
blue
brown
green
yellow

The marks were described as 'rust colored'
Normally brown/green/yellow means that the bruise is at least 18 hours old.
Could it be that those marks were infact from an earlier occation, maybe from the visit to the Whites.

This 'bead making machine' that FW, JR and the children played with at the Whites, somebody knows how that look like?
What kind of beads does that produce?

To me the shape looks very circular, like it could have been produced by a very round object. Like a ballshaped bead.
The boat shape that is clearly visible could come from a bead with a pattern on it, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_beadmaking

I think the boat shape can be seen in this photo

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetfacemarks.jpg

Regarding aging of bruises it is very hard to determine the age.
So take the above example with a grain of salt.
But this also means that these bruises could be from as early as noon 25th.

Maybe JBR made hearself a long earring at the Whites.
The bruise is placed like she had been lying on a long earring with a bead on a hard surface.

IMO the marks, or some of them, are from Patsy's rings. In the archives are some old threads (you can pull them up with a search) discussing Wolfmarsgirl's very enlightening ring theory. Posted there is a photo from the Enquirer showing Patsy and her rings. Mystery solved IMO.

tumble said:
This 'bead making machine' that FW, JR and the children played with at the Whites, somebody knows how that look like?
What kind of beads does that produce?
From DOI, pg. 8 (bolding mine) - After supper, Fleet and I eventually ended up on the living room floor making paper jewelry with JonBenet and Daphne, the Whites' six-year-old daughter. Although it was a child's toy, quite a bit of dexterity was required to make the little paper beads from scratch. Everyone poked fun at the sight of these two grown men (Fleet is a big guy over six feet tall and upwards of two hundred fifty pounds) sitting on the floor with the girls, trying to wind little strips of colored paper into beads to be strung into a necklace.

-Tea

Thanks for the info Britt and icedtea4me.

So probably those paper beads where not hard enough.

Britt:
Is the marks on the back also explained by rings?
I tried to search for the old post but appearantly didn't do a good job... I'll try again

The second mark is under her chin...smaller mark. Notice the smaller mark is on or near the tape that was placed on JonBenet's mouth. The killer placed the tape on an already unconcious or dead JonBenet, somehow making the marks?

I have read the old post now and indeed Wolfmargirl has a very nice theory.

But, as I understand it the person holding JBR would need to have the rings the wrong way around with the stones on the inside of the hands, is this common practice(yes you know I am a guy now)??

Also I find it abit hard to belive that holding JBR like described would put hard enough pressure on the 'spots'. If you squeeze hard you squeeze with your arms not your hands.
If you clench your fists there would be marks of the fingers also.

Creating that isolated pressure could come from lying on a hard surface with a hard object under you.
If you have stepped on a stone or a lego piece you know what I mean.

tumble said:
But, as I understand it the person holding JBR would need to have the rings the wrong way around with the stones on the inside of the hands...
Did you see this photo on Wolfmarsgirl's page? Here it is copied from the WS archives:

JBRPatsyrings2.jpg

This is Patsy. This photo is from the National Enquirer December 3, 2002 issue, page 49. I know because I have it right here in front of me.

Note the backward rings.

tumble said:
I have read the old post now and indeed Wolfmargirl has a very nice theory.

But, as I understand it the person holding JBR would need to have the rings the wrong way around with the stones on the inside of the hands, is this common practice(yes you know I am a guy now)??

Also I find it abit hard to belive that holding JBR like described would put hard enough pressure on the 'spots'. If you squeeze hard you squeeze with your arms not your hands.
If you clench your fists there would be marks of the fingers also.

Creating that isolated pressure could come from lying on a hard surface with a hard object under you.
If you have stepped on a stone or a lego piece you know what I mean.

I agree. While the theory of ring impressions is a good one, I would expect marks or impressions from the fingers as well -- especially on the back. It looks more like she was lying on something.

That picture of Patsy was taken when she was on TV at some point. Maybe Britt knows, I don't. Anyway, my thought is that maybe she was told to turn her rings around because they were blinding or too sparkly on camera., catching the lights or something. This being the only times ( on camera) she would wear her rings like that. I highly doubt Patsy wore her rings that way Christmas night.

trixie said:
I highly doubt Patsy wore her rings that way Christmas night.
But a struggle with (attack on) JB could obviously affect the position of the rings.

She could have been lying on pebbles on the floor, for all I know.

where there any marbles, beads, pebbles of something like taht found on the flor in the house somewhere?

Yes that's right SD, sure would like to see a closeup of that safe.

trixie said:
That picture of Patsy was taken when she was on TV at some point. Maybe Britt knows, I don't. Anyway, my thought is that maybe she was told to turn her rings around because they were blinding or too sparkly on camera., catching the lights or something. This being the only times ( on camera) she would wear her rings like that. I highly doubt Patsy wore her rings that way Christmas night.

Not on purpose, but I have one ring that isn't the right size, even with one of those thingies inside the circle, and it gets like these. Also my watch.

And it certainly could have been blinding in the TV lights.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back