1056 users online (211 members and 845 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,495

    FL - Elizabeth Galeana, 22, cruise ship off Italy, 25 July 2006

    mIAMI — Authorities are investigating the disappearance of a Florida woman from a cruise ship sailing along the coast of Italy, relatives say.

    Family members identified the woman as Elizabeth Kay Galeana, 22, of Naples, Fla., reporting missing Tuesday from Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas.

    Royal Caribbean confirmed only that the missing woman was from the United States and would not identify her, spokesman Michael Sheehan said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206217,00.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    mIAMI — Authorities are investigating the disappearance of a Florida woman from a cruise ship sailing along the coast of Italy, relatives say.

    Family members identified the woman as Elizabeth Kay Galeana, 22, of Naples, Fla., reporting missing Tuesday from Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas.

    Royal Caribbean confirmed only that the missing woman was from the United States and would not identify her, spokesman Michael Sheehan said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206217,00.html

    YOu know what? Enough is enough. Something has got to be done about the number of people missing from cruise ships. It is alarming how many people are going overboard every year and NO ONE is held accountable. We never hear a second report on over half of those who "go missing." Is any real investigation being done?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    806
    I just got off of a cruise ship today, and I must say, it is quite easy for one to disappear. The only thing security makes sure of, is that no one gets ON the ship who isn't supposed to be there.

    As for anyone getting off (by their own will or otherwise), it doesn't seem to be a priority.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the bank of Lake Pontchartrain
    Posts
    1,777
    That's terrible. I am never taking a cruise!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    3,052
    Here's a bit more from the Naples News website. Her picture is included.

    "A Royal Caribbean cruise line official said late Saturday night that it can be assumed that Elizabeth went overboard while the cruise line Voyager of The Seas was 100 miles offshore.

    Spokesman Mike Sheehan confirmed that the cruise ship was at sea and had not docked from the time Elizabeth was last seen shortly after midnight on Monday until she was reported missing at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

    “It can be presumed she went overboard,” said Sheehan, of corporate communication for the Miami-based cruise line. He said international authorities normally conduct searches for seven days during daylight hours after someone goes missing at sea."

    Link: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/..._naple/?latest
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    That's terrible. I am never taking a cruise!
    I'm with you Mama!
    I've never wanted to go on a cruise ever since I went to school camp in 6th class where they showed the old b/w white 'Posseiden Adventure' lol, why would they have played that for kids lol lol, that scared the crap out of me!
    Just knew that fat lady wasn't going to make it...
    It's stuck with me and I would never consider going on a cruise ever.
    Too may accidents happen, I think something like 14 people die yearly on cruise ships, not sure if that is a world wide stat, just heard it somewhere the other day, maybe on the news and didn't catch the full story.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    I'm with you Mama!
    I've never wanted to go on a cruise ever since I went to school camp in 6th class where they showed the old b/w white 'Posseiden Adventure' lol, why would they have played that for kids lol lol, that scared the crap out of me!
    Just knew that fat lady wasn't going to make it...
    It's stuck with me and I would never consider going on a cruise ever.
    Too may accidents happen, I think something like 14 people die yearly on cruise ships, not sure if that is a world wide stat, just heard it somewhere the other day, maybe on the news and didn't catch the full story.
    Cruises are a lot of fun. I have been on this exact ship. Accidents happen everywhere. I could die in my car tomorrow. That would not stop people from driving. Same goes with air travel and so on. I will keep cruising.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Good for you Lilpony, you keep on cruising
    I don't mind little sailing boats and a nice little bay to sail about on but no way would I do the big cruise ship LOL
    I am such a big girls blouse

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,335
    Glad I am not on a cruise. Crazy stuff going on.


    Thank you for reading my post.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,935
    I have gone on many cruises and look forward to many, many more!!

    All things considered the amount of crime/murders on ships isn't all that high
    but I do agree that more agressive investigations and prosecutions could be warrented.

    Over 3,600,000 passengers departed on cruises out of Miami in 2005. When you look at that figure and know that many more depart out of Los Angeles, Tampa, New York, British Columbia, lots of other ports world-wide, having 14 people missing in a year isn't too bad per capita. Of course we would love it if none were missing but bear in mind a lot of people do stupid stuff on vacation. Some of the missing could have avoided becoming missing with some common sense!

    Lynie


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,983
    I sincerely think its the way the incidents are handled that bother people. To the cruise ships they act as tho they could care less.......no big deal! Whats 1 person?????

    Hubby wants me to go on a cruise .....this winter. I told him if I heard of one more fatality on the ships he could forget about me going. This just clinched it!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    806
    I'm actually amazed at those who are afraid of ging on a cruise, when
    MANY more people die every year in plane crashes.
    Do you just not travel at all?

    Cruises have remarkably low death rates, but the way they handle "missing"
    people needs to be greatly improved.

    Keep in mind, alcohol or drugs are involved in a lot of these "missing" people cases.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    806

    Body of Elizabeth Galeana, 22, missing from cruise ship, found off Italy

    Unfortunately, they found her body.
    Royal Caribbean is not releasing more information as of yet.

    My condolences to her family.

    You can read more about it at:
    www.cruisecritic.com
    Go to the "Royal Caribbean" forum.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Good for you Lilpony, you keep on cruising
    I don't mind little sailing boats and a nice little bay to sail about on but no way would I do the big cruise ship LOL
    I am such a big girls blouse
    Hehe...Ok...I won't make you go!
    I'm not sure, I would like small sail boats. I think I may get sea sick!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    Unfortunately, they found her body.
    Royal Caribbean is not releasing more information as of yet.

    My condolences to her family.

    You can read more about it at:
    www.cruisecritic.com
    Go to the "Royal Caribbean" forum.
    Where was she found, did they say? Maybe I should read! Hehe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-20-2017, 08:17 PM
  2. Italy - Cruise Ship runs aground/flips
    By Yoda in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 501
    Last Post: 01-14-2017, 06:51 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 09:05 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 09:21 PM
  5. FL FL - Daniel DiPiero, 21, missing from cruise ship, 15 May 2006
    By Jeana (DP) in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 01:46 PM