1056 users online (211 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Elizabeth Galeana, 22, cruise ship off Italy, 25 July 2006

mIAMI — Authorities are investigating the disappearance of a Florida woman from a cruise ship sailing along the coast of Italy, relatives say.

Family members identified the woman as Elizabeth Kay Galeana, 22, of Naples, Fla., reporting missing Tuesday from Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean confirmed only that the missing woman was from the United States and would not identify her, spokesman Michael Sheehan said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206217,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    mIAMI — Authorities are investigating the disappearance of a Florida woman from a cruise ship sailing along the coast of Italy, relatives say.

Family members identified the woman as Elizabeth Kay Galeana, 22, of Naples, Fla., reporting missing Tuesday from Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean confirmed only that the missing woman was from the United States and would not identify her, spokesman Michael Sheehan said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206217,00.html

YOu know what? Enough is enough. Something has got to be done about the number of people missing from cruise ships. It is alarming how many people are going overboard every year and NO ONE is held accountable. We never hear a second report on over half of those who "go missing." Is any real investigation being done?

I just got off of a cruise ship today, and I must say, it is quite easy for one to disappear. The only thing security makes sure of, is that no one gets ON the ship who isn't supposed to be there.

As for anyone getting off (by their own will or otherwise), it doesn't seem to be a priority.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

That's terrible. I am never taking a cruise!

Here's a bit more from the Naples News website. Her picture is included.

"A Royal Caribbean cruise line official said late Saturday night that it can be assumed that Elizabeth went overboard while the cruise line Voyager of The Seas was 100 miles offshore.

Spokesman Mike Sheehan confirmed that the cruise ship was at sea and had not docked from the time Elizabeth was last seen shortly after midnight on Monday until she was reported missing at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

“It can be presumed she went overboard,” said Sheehan, of corporate communication for the Miami-based cruise line. He said international authorities normally conduct searches for seven days during daylight hours after someone goes missing at sea."

Link: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/..._naple/?latest
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    That's terrible. I am never taking a cruise!
    I'm with you Mama!
    I've never wanted to go on a cruise ever since I went to school camp in 6th class where they showed the old b/w white 'Posseiden Adventure' lol, why would they have played that for kids lol lol, that scared the crap out of me!
    Just knew that fat lady wasn't going to make it...
    It's stuck with me and I would never consider going on a cruise ever.
    Too may accidents happen, I think something like 14 people die yearly on cruise ships, not sure if that is a world wide stat, just heard it somewhere the other day, maybe on the news and didn't catch the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    I'm with you Mama!
    I've never wanted to go on a cruise ever since I went to school camp in 6th class where they showed the old b/w white 'Posseiden Adventure' lol, why would they have played that for kids lol lol, that scared the crap out of me!
    Just knew that fat lady wasn't going to make it...
    It's stuck with me and I would never consider going on a cruise ever.
    Too may accidents happen, I think something like 14 people die yearly on cruise ships, not sure if that is a world wide stat, just heard it somewhere the other day, maybe on the news and didn't catch the full story.
    Cruises are a lot of fun. I have been on this exact ship. Accidents happen everywhere. I could die in my car tomorrow. That would not stop people from driving. Same goes with air travel and so on. I will keep cruising.

Good for you Lilpony, you keep on cruising
    I don't mind little sailing boats and a nice little bay to sail about on but no way would I do the big cruise ship LOL
    I am such a big girls blouse

Glad I am not on a cruise. Crazy stuff going on.

Thank you for reading my post.

I have gone on many cruises and look forward to many, many more!!

All things considered the amount of crime/murders on ships isn't all that high
    but I do agree that more agressive investigations and prosecutions could be warrented.

Over 3,600,000 passengers departed on cruises out of Miami in 2005. When you look at that figure and know that many more depart out of Los Angeles, Tampa, New York, British Columbia, lots of other ports world-wide, having 14 people missing in a year isn't too bad per capita. Of course we would love it if none were missing but bear in mind a lot of people do stupid stuff on vacation. Some of the missing could have avoided becoming missing with some common sense!

Lynie

I sincerely think its the way the incidents are handled that bother people. To the cruise ships they act as tho they could care less.......no big deal! Whats 1 person?????

Hubby wants me to go on a cruise .....this winter. I told him if I heard of one more fatality on the ships he could forget about me going. This just clinched it!!!

I'm actually amazed at those who are afraid of ging on a cruise, when
    MANY more people die every year in plane crashes.
    Do you just not travel at all?

Cruises have remarkably low death rates, but the way they handle "missing"
    people needs to be greatly improved.

Keep in mind, alcohol or drugs are involved in a lot of these "missing" people cases.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

Body of Elizabeth Galeana, 22, missing from cruise ship, found off Italy

Unfortunately, they found her body.
    Royal Caribbean is not releasing more information as of yet.

My condolences to her family.

You can read more about it at:
    www.cruisecritic.com
    Go to the "Royal Caribbean" forum.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Good for you Lilpony, you keep on cruising
    I don't mind little sailing boats and a nice little bay to sail about on but no way would I do the big cruise ship LOL
    I am such a big girls blouse
    Hehe...Ok...I won't make you go!
    I'm not sure, I would like small sail boats. I think I may get sea sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    Unfortunately, they found her body.
    Royal Caribbean is not releasing more information as of yet.

My condolences to her family.

You can read more about it at:
    www.cruisecritic.com
    Go to the "Royal Caribbean" forum.
    Where was she found, did they say? Maybe I should read! Hehe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast