'Pizza' to Be Called 'Elastic Loaves' in Iranian Word Ban

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206196,00.html

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has ordered government and cultural bodies to use modified Persian words to replace foreign words that have crept into the language, such as "pizzas" which will now be known as "elastic loaves," state media reported Saturday.
The presidential decree,

Yep like Freedom Fries and just as stupid! Like not saying the word will erase it from their minds or something...or G-d forbid, they might expand their brains and use them for something like thinking for themselves.

Beyond Belief said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206196,00.html

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has ordered government and cultural bodies to use modified Persian words to replace foreign words that have crept into the language, such as "pizzas" which will now be known as "elastic loaves," state media reported Saturday.
The presidential decree,

If you eat to many elastic loaves you will have to start wearing elastic waistbands.

If you eat to many elastic loaves you will have to start wearing elastic waistbands.

Ah-but a burka covers a lot of ills.....

BhamMama said:
Yep like Freedom Fries and just as stupid! Like not saying the word will erase it from their minds or something...or G-d forbid, they might expand their brains and use them for something like thinking for themselves.

Expand their brains? I don't think they all approve of everything their leader does. Most of them just worry about GETTING a loaf of bread for their families.

I dont think them labelling pizza elastic loaves is any different then when americans coined the freedom fries thing..doesnt matter if one sounded better than the other..it is simple immaturity.

Marthatex said:
Expand their brains? I don't think they all approve of everything their leader does. Most of them just worry about GETTING a loaf of bread for their families.
No, not the people doing it, the government being afraid that they would do it.

I would like an elastic loaf with extra cheese please... :dance:

What's sad about this is that the people over there have to call it what the govt. wants it called or else...beheaded? jailed? who knows...

...things such as mini skirts, tube tops, etc....LOL

(I mean if you're fussing over calling pizza "pizza"...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back