Questions about darlie?

michelle

Joy comes in the Morning
Reaction score
OK, I get on a darlie obsession every once in awhile and I think I am on one now, lol....I want to know if darlie and darin wanted any more babies after devon and damon? Was drake planned? In the photos I have seen of darlie, she looks beautiful up until the birth of drake then in the one x-mas photo I think, she has a christmassy looking sweater on, she looks horrible. Really blah and drab looking, nothing compared to the platinum blond hair and makeup. She looks depressed.
Also, what is her mom's deal? I read that she was selling books on ebay, is she trying to profit from the murders? Has she always done that? And also has she ever posted over here?
Where is darin these days? Remarried?
Sorry so many questions!

michelle said:
OK, I get on a darlie obsession every once in awhile and I think I am on one now, lol....I want to know if darlie and darin wanted any more babies after devon and damon? Was drake planned? In the photos I have seen of darlie, she looks beautiful up until the birth of drake then in the one x-mas photo I think, she has a christmassy looking sweater on, she looks horrible. Really blah and drab looking, nothing compared to the platinum blond hair and makeup. She looks depressed.
Also, what is her mom's deal? I read that she was selling books on ebay, is she trying to profit from the murders? Has she always done that? And also has she ever posted over here?
Sorry so many questions!
I'll do my best to answer your questions, although there are others that post here who are more knowledgable than I....

I don't know that Drake was planned, but I haven't come across anything that indicates he wasn't wanted. In one of her journal entries she talks about her three beautiful sons. She does look awful in that photo.

Mrs. Kee does sell items on ebay including MTJD - I would imagine that the proceeds probably go to help Darlie. I don't think she has ever posted here, but the e-mail she sent to one of our posters is located here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40141&highlight=Letter+darlie

Darin is a wedding photographer, lives in Texas, he is still legally married to Darlie.

If I'm off on any of these points please feel free to correct me.

sharkeyes said:
I'll do my best to answer your questions, although there are others that post here who are more knowledgable than I....

I don't know that Drake was planned, but I haven't come across anything that indicates he wasn't wanted. In one of her journal entries she talks about her three beautiful sons. She does look awful in that photo.

Mrs. Kee does sell items on ebay including MTJD - I would imagine that the proceeds probably go to help Darlie. I don't think she has ever posted here, but the e-mail she sent to one of our posters is located here:

Darin is a wedding photographer, lives in Texas, he is still legally married to Darlie.

Thanks!

michelle said:
Sorry so many questions!
Welcome back. There is alot of evidence that Darlie did not want anymore babies after Damon. In Springer's book, there is a story about when Darlie debuts her new bust. It is at a wedding and she tells several people that she and Darin made a deal. If he let her get an abortion, then she would get boobies for him. It is true that there was a lost pregnancy between Damon and Drake, but whether it was a miscarriage or an abortion is in debate. I'm sure you know which side is debating which story.
Apparently Darlie and Darin had never heard of birth control, because she soon become pregnant with Drake. Friends and family both say she took to her bed for weeks because she was so upset to be pregnant again. At some point, she decided the baby was a girl and that perked her up. Then she found out it was yet another boy and she was depressed again.
The picture, you brought up the picture. I started a thread on how different she looks in that picture compared to others and it started one of the biggest wars on here. It got so heated that one poster was given a time-out and one was banned. :innocent:
I see a huge difference in her in that picture. It's not just the blah hair and no makeup, there is no sparkle in her eyes. She looked happy in the other pictures, making funny faces, glammed up to the hilt..What bothers me the most about it is that she is dressed in a nice sweater, so it's not just a bum around the house day. It's be different if she just had on regular old shorts and a t-shirt or something, but she doesn't.
I do not think Darlie Kee has ever posted on here, but she has been in touch Jeana and dasgal/jongalt, maybe others. She calls us WebSluts, isn't that funny? I wonder if she recognized my screen name when I bid on MTJD.
Darlie and Darin are still married, but it's going downhill. The last I've heard was that he had not visited her since December and was no longer in touch with her defense team. There was a recent hearing that a WS spy attended and as far as she knew, there were no Routiers present.

beesy said:
. There is alot of evidence that Darlie did not want anymore babies after Damon. In Springer's book, there is a story about when Darlie debuts her new bust. It is at a wedding and she tells several people that she and Darin made a deal. If he let her get an abortion, then she would get boobies for him. It is true that there was a lost pregnancy between Damon and Drake, but whether it was a miscarriage or an abortion is in debate. I'm sure you know which side is debating which story.
Apparently Darlie and Darin had never heard of birth control, because she soon become pregnant with Drake. Friends and family both say she took to her bed for weeks because she was so upset to be pregnant again. At some point, she decided the baby was a girl and that perked her up. Then she found out it was yet another boy and she was depressed again.
The picture, you brought up the picture. I started a thread on how different she looks in that picture compared to others and it started one of the biggest wars on here. It got so heated that one poster was given a time-out and one was banned. :innocent:
I see a huge difference in her in that picture. It's not just the blah hair and no makeup, there is no sparkle in her eyes. She looked happy in the other pictures, making funny faces, glammed up to the hilt..What bothers me the most about it is that she is dressed in a nice sweater, so it's not just a bum around the house day. It's be different if she just had on regular old shorts and a t-shirt or something, but she doesn't.
I do not think Darlie Kee has ever posted on here, but she has been in touch Jeana and dasgal/jongalt, maybe others. She calls us WebSluts, isn't that funny? I wonder if she recognized my screen name when I bid on MTJD. [url="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_3.gif"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_3.gif[/url]
Darlie and Darin are still married, but it's going downhill. The last I've heard was that he had not visited her since December and was no longer in touch with her defense team. There was a recent hearing that a WS spy attended and as far as she knew, there were no Routiers present.
I stand corrected on the issue of Drake. Do you think Darlie will spill the dirt on Darin if he divorces her?

sharkeyes said:

She's not always telling the truth, so even if she did post here, you couldn't ever be sure what you're getting. She claimed for years that they didn't have a fight that night, so there you go.

beesy said:
Welcome back. There is alot of evidence that Darlie did not want anymore babies after Damon. In Springer's book, there is a story about when Darlie debuts her new bust. It is at a wedding and she tells several people that she and Darin made a deal. If he let her get an abortion, then she would get boobies for him. It is true that there was a lost pregnancy between Damon and Drake, but whether it was a miscarriage or an abortion is in debate. I'm sure you know which side is debating which story.
I do not think Darlie Kee has ever posted on here, but she has been in touch Jeana and dasgal/jongalt, maybe others. She calls us WebSluts, isn't that funny? I wonder if she recognized my screen name when I bid on MTJD. [url="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_3.gif"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_3.gif[/url]
Thanks Beesy!!! I have been on the fence about darlies guilt. That is only because I have not truly read all the evidence or transcripts from the trial. I did however read her statement last night and it was hard to see because her handwriting is s bubbly and big but it just did not jive with me. Darlie says she wakes up because her son is crying and pulling on her left side,then she sees a man and follows him, that is weird too me. I just for the LIFE of me cannot understand how Darin slept through it all. Darlie also said she had been sleeping on the couch for a week or so, why was that because they had been fighting? Did either one of them ever admit to fighting that night? What happened with dana? I am sorry to ask so many questions, I used to have that book Precious Angels that is the only one I think I read. I need a very informative one, can you recommend one? Thanks,
Michelle:D

Darlie Kee has defended Darlie and Darin since day one and I don't see that changing ever.

She does say that the proceeds of the sale of MTJD go to the Free Darlie campaign. She sells that particular book because it is unabashedly pro-Darlie. The book is a joke, but the pictures it contains are worth taking a look at if you are interested in the case. I have read all three books regarding this case and they are all worth reading.

My jury was out for a long time, basically because I have never been able to come up with a motive that satisfies me entirely. However, I now strongly believe she is guilty - two of the main pieces of evidence that led me to that conclusion are Darlie's trial testimony and the blood evidence.

Also, there is no way I can believe that an intruder broke into that house to kill two children. The only reason strangers kill children is to cover up sex crimes. This supposed intruder killed the weakest people in the house and then attacked the adult? Nothing about that scenario makes sense.

southcitymom said:
Darlie Kee has defended Darlie and Darin since day one and I don't see that changing ever.

She does say that the proceeds of the sale of MTJD go to the Free Darlie campaign. She sells that particular book because it is unabashedly pro-Darlie. The book is a joke, but the pictures it contains are worth taking a look at if you are interested in the case. I have read all three books regarding this case and they are all worth reading.

My jury was out for a long time, basically because I have never been able to come up with a motive that satisfies me entirely. However, I now strongly believe she is guilty - two of the main pieces of evidence that led me to that conclusion are Darlie's trial testimony and the blood evidence.

Also, there is no way I can believe that an intruder broke into that house to kill two children. The only reason strangers kill children is to cover up sex crimes. This supposed intruder killed the weakest people in the house and then attacked the adult? Nothing about that scenario makes sense.
You are right, I could not fathom someone coming in to kill 2 children. Also, I still cannot figure out a motive though....:waitasec: And that drives me crazy! I have always thought that if darlie did do it that darin had to of helped. I mean how in the heck could he have slept through all that.

They did finally admit to discussing a separation that night. This point had been argued against for years but, around the same time the information about Darin's alleged insurance scam, they admitted it. I hate to recommend any of the books, since they all were flawed in some way. I thought Precious Angels was the best,but it has been too long since I read Flesh and Blood or Hush Little Babies to remember much about them. Even though Barbara Davis no longer believes her own theory espoused in her book, I think she has come very close to hitting the nail on the head when she gave her description of how Darlie could have committed the murders, ran down the alley to deposit the sock, etc. The BEST reading on this really is the transcript. It's a bit lengthy but none of the reading drags on and you know you are getting the facts as presented at the trial.

Motive is a very tough part of this case for me. Reading these boards has helped me a lot with that. Sometimes, I almost feel like I can see it, but it remains elusive. I mean, mothers kill their kids - it happens - but mothers very rarely stab their children to death. Poison, drowning, smothering, even gunshot - but stabbing - at least to me - seems so very personal and violent and unfathomable to me. So I have a difficult time with the "how" of this case.

Then there is the "why"?!!! I mean, she must have snapped. My brain won't allow me to believe this was premeditated. Still, even with the marriage problems and stress of 3 boys problems and money problems and diet pills, etc...etc...how do those things culminate in stabbing your sons? How does killing your sons help or prove a point or relieve the stress or - God, I don't know. It just seems insane, but she strikes me as remarkably sane. A pathological liar and certainly someone suffering from an extreme personality disorder, but sane.

And my confusion as to Darin's role in the whole thing is even stronger. I don't know what to think about what part he played in everything. I have settled on accessory after the fact.

Still, I have yet to come up with one beginning-to-end scenario that satisfies me and encompasses the facts as I know them. Like many others, I so wish she would allocute - to honor the memory's of those children and to put my weary mind to rest.

:(
southcitymom said:
Motive is a very tough part of this case for me. Reading these boards has helped me a lot with that. Sometimes, I almost feel like I can see it, but it remains elusive. I mean, mothers kill their kids - it happens - but mothers very rarely stab their children to death. Poison, drowning, smothering, even gunshot - but stabbing - at least to me - seems so very personal and violent and unfathomable to me. So I have a difficult time with the "how" of this case.

Then there is the "why"?!!! I mean, she must have snapped. My brain won't allow me to believe this was premeditated. Still, even with the marriage problems and stress of 3 boys problems and money problems and diet pills, etc...etc...how do those things culminate in stabbing your sons? How does killing your sons help or prove a point or relieve the stress or - God, I don't know. It just seems insane, but she strikes me as remarkably sane. A pathological liar and certainly someone suffering from an extreme personality disorder, but sane.

And my confusion as to Darin's role in the whole thing is even stronger. I don't know what to think about what part he played in everything. I have settled on accessory after the fact.

Still, I have yet to come up with one beginning-to-end scenario that satisfies me and encompasses the facts as I know them. Like many others, I so wish she would allocute - to honor the memory's of those children and to put my weary mind to rest.
I was thinking today the same thing you are of how in the world does a mother butcher her children. All I have ever read pretty much says that when parents or moms kill it is usually by smothering, drowning ect....I know they usually cover them up. I just cant think of anything other then she snapped as well. Who knows, I was reading that there is an unidentified fingerprint at the murder scene. Was that ever tested to see whose it could have been? I did hear maybe it was one of the boys. Bless their little hearts, I swear it makes me sick to think of that they went through. I have a 5 year old son and I cannot imagine. I also cannot think those boys did not make a sound that darin would not have heard. I mean being stabbed, they had to of screamed.:(

sharkeyes said:
I stand corrected on the issue of Drake. Do you think Darlie will spill the dirt on Darin if he divorces her?

No, because she will hold out to the end as far as getting off DR. She might do it right before she becomes "Dead Woman Walking" though.
My advise to him is to hold onto his boys, if you know what I mean.....

michelle said:
Thanks Beesy!!! I have been on the fence about darlies guilt. That is only because I have not truly read all the evidence or transcripts from the trial. I did however read her statement last night and it was hard to see because her handwriting is s bubbly and big but it just did not jive with me. Darlie says she wakes up because her son is crying and pulling on her left side,then she sees a man and follows him, that is weird too me. I just for the LIFE of me cannot understand how Darin slept through it all. Darlie also said she had been sleeping on the couch for a week or so, why was that because they had been fighting? Did either one of them ever admit to fighting that night? What happened with dana? I am sorry to ask so many questions, I used to have that book Precious Angels that is the only one I think I read. I need a very informative one, can you recommend one? Thanks,
Michelle:D
I like Patricia Springer's book the best. It is less meladramatic. Babs' reads like a bodice ripper to me. The statement you read has my favorite description of the intruder, she sees a "blur of a man". They said she had been sleeping on the couch because the baby kept waking her up and she was hot and it was cooler downstairs. But I doubt that's why.
As for Dana, I don't think there was anything going on, but I do think that Darlie was so out of sorts during that time, she may have become paranoid about the possiblity and fought with Darin about it.

beesy said:
I like Patricia Springer's book the best. It is less meladramatic. Babs' reads like a bodice ripper to me. The statement you read has my favorite description of the intruder, she sees a "blur of a man". They said she had been sleeping on the couch because the baby kept waking her up and she was hot and it was cooler downstairs. But I doubt that's why.
As for Dana, I don't think there was anything going on, but I do think that Darlie was so out of sorts during that time, she may have become paranoid about the possiblity and fought with Darin about it.
Something was definatly going on. I cant get over a new mom though sleeping on the couch and not near their baby. Maybe thats just how I am though, Everyone is different. Has darin ever made any inconsistent statements? I just need to go read the transcripts, I think I will start them today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back