Boy George Takin' Out The Trash!

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Boy George will perform his court-ordered community service by picking up trash on city streets in the August heat, a sanitation spokesman said.

The one-time Culture Club singer will be issued a shovel, broom, plastic bags and gloves when he reports for five days of work on Aug. 14, department spokesman Vito Turso said.

"This is the epitome of community service," Turso told the Daily News for Monday editions. "It's not like he's going to be working in an air-conditioned office."

Born George O'Dowd, the singer has struggled with drug problems for years. He was ordered to do community service after pleading guilty in March to false reporting of an incident. He called police with a bogus report of a burglary at his lower Manhattan apartment in October, and the responding officers found cocaine inside.

Turso's statement was the first indication of what sort of work the singer would be given. He could be assigned to pick up streets in Chinatown, Little Italy, Nolita or parts of the Lower East Side.

O'Dowd, 45, became an '80s icon with his androgynous appearance and vocals on hits like "Karma Chameleon" and "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" A Manhattan judge threatened the singer with jail time if he failed to complete his five days before Aug. 28.

___

Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060731/ap_en_mu/boy_george_2&printer=1

close_enough said:
do you really want to huuurt meeee...do you really want to maaake me cryyyyy :dance:

lol Good reply!

close_enough said:
do you really want to huuurt meeee...do you really want to maaake me cryyyyy :dance:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! That song was in my head after posting that, BAH! :D

I love Boy George, I saw Culture Club in concert in the 80's. Has anyone ever read his biography, it is so funny, my sides were acheing through laughing, he's crazy!!! :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back