GUILTY MA - Fabiola DePaula, 24, dies after illegal liposuction, Framingham, 30 July 2006

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
A couple who authorities say performed liposuction in the basement of a home were charged Monday with practicing medicine without a license after a female patient died.

Luiz Carlos Ribeiro, 49, a native of Brazil, and Ana Maria Miranda Ribeiro, also 49, pleaded not guilty to the unauthorized practice of medicine and drug charges at their arraignment.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-07-31-lipo-death_x.htm

I read that earlier today, that is INSANE!

WARNING

Do Not Try This At Home

Duh :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Lynie

lynie said:
WARNING

Do Not Try This At Home

Duh :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Lynie
Why not? I could use the money. I've got some Betadine and a vacuum cleaner.

H0NEYWEST said:
Why not? I could use the money. I've got some Betadine and a vacuum cleaner.
Yikes!

I'm all about shopping for a bargain, but sometimes it really IS better to pay full retail!!

Welp, that certainly SUCKS for them. :laugh:

:laugh:
Paladin said:
Welp, that certainly SUCKS for them. :laugh:
Me :slap: Paladin....and since I found it funny it's only fair......Paladin:slap: Me

This kind of thing actually happens allot. This isn't the first case to pop up in Massachusetts either. California has a few of these every year.

I couldn't find it on that link. I hope that they got charged with murder.

I've seen those doctors do that surgery on TV and I'm telling you I can't stand to watch it. I have to turn the channel. They just take that tool and ram it into your body and jab and jab. I don't know how they can even tell where it is going. I bet that the women are so sore afterward they probably can't walk for a month. It just looks horrible. I'll keep my fat...thank you :(

From March 2008:

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20080319/NEWS/303199868

Luiz Carlos Ribeiro, 51, admitted in Middlesex Superior Court that he was negligent in performing the illegal surgery on 24-year-old Fabiola B. DePaula on July 30, 2006, in a Framingham condo. Ribeiro pleaded guilty to several charges, including involuntary manslaughter.

Judge Wendie Gershengorn sentenced him to 2.5 to three years in prison at MCI-Cedar Junction. With time served he could be out of prison in 10 months. He will be deported to Brazil upon his release...

Ribeiro's wife, Ana Maria Miranda Ribeiro, 50, pleaded guilty in Middlesex Superior Court in September to manslaughter and two counts of illegal distribution of a Class A substance. She was sentenced to a year in prison and has since been released and deported.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back