Size 12/14 Bloomies

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here's something new and factual. There has been much speculation about the size 12/14 panties that Jonbenet was wearing. Patsy had been in new York and had visited the department store Bloomingdales there. She bought some of Bloomingdales' day of the week knickers there in size 4/6 for Jonbenet and size 12/14 for her niece. Somehow along the line, Jonbenet ended up wearing the size 12/14 knickers when she died and investigators asked numerous questions about this.

Well I have purchased the exact same Bloomies in size 4/6 and size 12/14 and here is a comparison of the two for size.

My youngest daughter is six and a half years and she is almost exactly the same weight and height as Jonbenet was when she died. The Bloomies are generously cut and the size 4/6 didn't fit her until this year.

Here are the dimensions of the knickers:-

Size 4/6 - 8.5 inches from waistband to bottom of crotch and waistband measures 17 inches unstretched.

Size 12/14 - 12 inches from waistband to crotch and waistband measures 22 inches unstretched.

The most noticeable difference in size to my mind is the leg openings. The height of the leg openeing in the larger knickers is almost as big as the entire smaller knickers. When I tried to imagine Jonbenet wearing the larger knickers, I had always thought of them slipping down off her waist. In fact, what is more likely is that the crotch would have been very "gapey" and the crotch would have hung down practically to her knees. The legs of the knickers are so wide that her crotch would have been very exposed IMO

attachment.php

Jayelles,

Thanks for that, not exactly a fitting that you can imagine JonBenet wanting.

Particularly when she has a drawer full of size-6 underwear.

Jayelles, Camper is very interested in knowing how a child that size sitting on the toilet would look in terms of how would their clothing touch the toilet itself. You might be onto something.

Jayelles said:
What about Wednesday? Did I miss something?
Hi Jayelles. We were discussing this on the Eighth Pair of Underwear thread...

What's important about the panties is that they were Wednesday panties...

Wednesday -- to match the panties JonBenét had been wearing (smaller size), which had to be replaced because they were soiled.

As I said on the other thread, I think the stager replaced the panties with the only available identical pair, focusing more on the superficial staging than on whether the panties fit correctly.

The Wednesday panties may've been important in case anyone else had seen JB's underwear that night or knew which ones she was wearing. A witness who knew the underwear had been changed would screw up the staged scenario of JB coming home asleep and being snatched from bed by a kidnapper.

Britt said:

Wednesday -- to match the panties JonBenét had been wearing (smaller size), which had to be replaced because they were soiled.

As I said on the other thread, I think the stager replaced the panties with the only available identical pair, focusing more on the superficial staging than on whether the panties fit correctly.

The Wednesday panties may've been important in case anyone else had seen JB's underwear that night or knew which ones she was wearing. A witness who knew the underwear had been changed would screw up the staged scenario of JB coming home asleep and being snatched from bed by a kidnapper.
I SEE (my Goodness!) I never considered that before. The larger size are identical to the smaller size with regard to pattern. Only question I would have is - why replace the smaller Wednesday pants with larger ones? Why not just replace them with smaller non-day-of-the-week ones? My little girl has her Bloomies which she loves, but she has Disney Princess knickers and Kitty ones too. If she wears the Bloomies, it has to be the right day of the week. If it was a Thursday and her Thursday knickers weren't in the drawer, she'd opt for different knickers before she'd wear the wrong day.

What pops into my mind is a child who is frantic after dirting her underwear might try and replace it with the same exact panties. A 6 year old might be unaware of size differences. The question is why would a child be frantic about a solied pair of underpants? Prehaps if that child's parents would react very negativly if it was discovered the child soiled herself. Just thoughts on my part.

mjak

No little girl ever wants to wear the wrong day of the week undies. It has always been a joke if you had say, Tuesdays on on a Friday then you had not changed them since Tuesday.

Jon Benet was fussy enough about her clothes that she would have opened the larger pak if she soiled the size 6 just to get the right days undies.
On the other hand an adult who wanted to stage the scene would find the day of the week more important than size. But only if they knew there was a spare pair of Wednesday.

Well I just did a little experiment. I offered the larger size knickers to my daughter and she exclaimed "Mummy! These are too big! More like YOUR size". So there is no way she would mistake them for her own. Then I got her to try them on and they are simply huge on her. They wouldn't fall down round her ankles necessarily - not past her hip bones anyway, but they would certainly slip down as far as her hipbones - at which point the crotch is level with her knees. They are also incredibly baggy. Every heard the expression "droopy drawers"? They bag out at the back and form a little tunnel from one side to the next.

They would be extremely uncomfortable to wear and I quite frankly cannot imagine any child being happy to do so.

Another poster mentioned the possibility of them being worn over pullups and they would certainly accomodate rather large pullups with PLENTY of room to spare.

They don't make pullups big enough for 6 year olds unless you're talking about the Good Nights Brand, which is marketing for nighttime bedwetting.

Britt said:

Excellent catch, Britt. Even I hadn't thought of this...

I think the Wednesday panties were an attempt at conflict resolution.

I think the deed was supposed to be done on Christmas, Wednesday the 25th.

TOD has been estimated at 1 am. Thursday the 26th.

The tombstone reads the 25th.

In this case, size doesn't matter. I think the Wednesday tag is what mattered.

This is one major reason why I think the "staging" that was supposedly done for police was actually done for the perp; Patsy.

The deed wasn't done on the 25th, as it should have been, it was done on the 26th. But Patsy realigned the events in her mind by using the Wednesday panties and the 25th inscription on the tombstone.

So is this where you've been to lately? I had noticed you haven't been posting. You were missed.

Someone needs to refresh my memory, but didn't I read somewhere that the blood spots on Jonbenet's panties did not corrospond with her anatomy? Sounds to me like these were put on her "after the fact" instead of she possibly putting them on herself and wearing them to the Whites.
THanks for the info!

P.S. Your daughter sounds adorable!

Paradox said:

This is one major reason why I think the "staging" that was supposedly done for police was actually done for the perp; Patsy.

The deed wasn't done on the 25th, as it should have been, it was done on the 26th. But Patsy realigned the events in her mind by using the Wednesday panties and the 25th inscription on the tombstone.
Do you have any idea why the 25th was important for the perp.
It seems you are suggesting that the crime was actuallt planned for the 25th, have I understood correctly?

"What pops into my mind is a child who is frantic after dirting her underwear might try and replace it with the same exact panties. A 6 year old might be unaware of size differences. The question is why would a child be frantic about a solied pair of underpants? Prehaps if that child's parents would react very negativly if it was discovered the child soiled herself. Just thoughts on my part."

Maybe not for that reason; maybe she was just quirky that way. Kids are funny creatures you know.

Paradox said:

I agree, the "call you tomorrow" in the RN would tie in with that too.

I agree that JonBenet probably wouldn't have put the big panties on herself. That someone could have gone to her chest of drawers to just scrounge around, not knowing there were some larger ones, and just happened to see the days of the week which might make it look like Pagans had done it because of Christmas Day.

Paradox beat me to what I was going to say.

And someone pointed out that the horrible deed wasn't finished until at least 1 AM on Thursday the 26th, but for some reason they needed it to look like a Christmas Day thing. Staging was to point in all directions except to actual killers, imho, to assert right away that there were lots of possibilities, to confuse the issue.

Glad we've had some parents of 6-yr olds who can show us what they're usually like. It's very helpful. One guy tried putting his little daughter into a suitcase, several years ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back