1116 users online (245 members and 871 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Talking Bear Wanders Into Lake Tahoe Casino

    POSTED: 2:46 pm PDT August 1, 2006


    STATELINE, Nev. -- A Lake Tahoe casino that promotes a "habitat for everything wild" found truth in advertising over the weekend when a wayward bear wandered in through a rear loading dock.

    The 150 pound yearling walked around employee hallways at MontBleu Resort Casino and Spa early Saturday and sauntered toward a cafeteria before it scurried out the way it came in, apparently frightened off by several workers, employee Earl Zeller told the Tahoe Daily Tribune.

    In one MontBleu television commercial, a cocktail waitress walks past urban-dressed guests in lounge, then throws a fresh fish to a waiting bear.

    "Evidently the bears out there heard the story that bears can be fed at the nightclub at MontBleu," Zeller quipped. "I guess we reached our target audience."http://www.ktvu.com/news/9611093/detail.html
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  2. #2
    curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Tarheel State - Go HEELS!
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    POSTED: 2:46 pm PDT August 1, 2006


    STATELINE, Nev. -- A Lake Tahoe casino that promotes a "habitat for everything wild" found truth in advertising over the weekend when a wayward bear wandered in through a rear loading dock....

    ....In one MontBleu television commercial, a cocktail waitress walks past urban-dressed guests in lounge, then throws a fresh fish to a waiting bear.

    "Evidently the bears out there heard the story that bears can be fed at the nightclub at MontBleu," Zeller quipped. "I guess we reached our target audience."http://www.ktvu.com/news/9611093/detail.html
    Finally, truth in advertising. But where did the bear get the TV to see the commercial? Where did he plug the TV in? So many questions. (just kidding of course)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,501
    Hey, and in keeping with the laws of truth in advertising, why was no fish thrown to this bear once he reached the cafateria?????

    mjak

  4. #4
    curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Tarheel State - Go HEELS!
    Posts
    1,893
    Yeah. Now that you mention it. This poor bear wondered around for awhile and no waitress even came up to him to take his order much less throw him a fish.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,568
    I've been to the MontBleu (previously known as Caesar's). I can't believe that bear made it all the way inside before he encountered anyone. The back parking lot is usually full of people going to and from their cars. The people must have just stared and pointed and watched him walk inside. I guess that's probably what most people would do. Beyond the parking lot though the wooded residential area is right there. People unfortunately don't secure their garbage cans and Tahoe is having frequent bear problems. Unfortunately a fed bear is a dead bear. I wish the city would start requiring everyone to have bear proof cans. Everytime we stay at our favorite cabin in Tahoe we have issues with the trash. If it's not bears, it's raccoons and coyotes getting in the trash. I wish our landlords up there would just get the bear proof cans.

  6. #6
    2luvmy's Avatar
    2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,219
    So what are bear proof cans? Never heard of them, but we don't get bears here. Just dogs and raccoons.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow
    I can't believe that bear made it all the way inside before he encountered anyone...people must have just stared and pointed and watched him walk inside. I guess that's probably what most people would do.
    I imagine I'd be cowering in my car-we don't have bears around here and if one came ambling by I think I'd be really freaked out!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by mjak
    Hey, and in keeping with the laws of truth in advertising, why was no fish thrown to this bear once he reached the cafateria?????

    mjak

    I'm smelling a lawsuit Mjak.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Talking

    Wonder if he met up with the bear who had pizza, nachos, and beer in the convertible??? That was also in Tahoe.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  10. #10
    curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Tarheel State - Go HEELS!
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'm smelling a lawsuit Mjak.
    *Sigh* I am sure there is an attorney somewhere that would take it, an attorney who just can 'bear' to seen an injustice. Sorry, I had to do it.

    I know I know. me me


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,681
    Tha bear and the one "who climbed into the "fishermen's boat and then hit the electric trawlling motor and started "touring" the lake should get together and compare "human" stories.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by curious1
    *Sigh* I am sure there is an attorney somewhere that would take it, an attorney who just can 'bear' to seen an injustice. Sorry, I had to do it.

    I know I know. me me

    Let's see . . . nope, not that I can think of.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    10,356
    We have a condo just up the hill from this place.Two years ago we had the pleasure of watching a Momma bear and 3 cubs climb the fence around the swimming pool.People took out of there in a hurry.Momma bear then went in the pool followed by her cubs. Watching her play with the cubs was a sight to see. She would pick one up and toss it just like humans do withe thier kids. After about a half hour. She gets out followed by the cubs and climbs back over the fence and back into the woods.

    Just to return that night. As another person at this place left his Fish he caught hanging on a balcony. Yep they got feed too.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.


    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    So what are bear proof cans? Never heard of them, but we don't get bears here. Just dogs and raccoons.
    They are locking metal trash containers that bears cannot get into. Many campgorunds around California have them.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB
    We have a condo just up the hill from this place.Two years ago we had the pleasure of watching a Momma bear and 3 cubs climb the fence around the swimming pool.People took out of there in a hurry.Momma bear then went in the pool followed by her cubs. Watching her play with the cubs was a sight to see. She would pick one up and toss it just like humans do withe thier kids. After about a half hour. She gets out followed by the cubs and climbs back over the fence and back into the woods.

    Just to return that night. As another person at this place left his Fish he caught hanging on a balcony. Yep they got feed too.

    That's adorable. I think we should all be invited to the condo for a cookout.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Identified! CA - Lake Tahoe, WhtFem 692UFCA, 35-45, Sep'79 - Name not found
    By Kymistry35 in forum Identified!
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 06:04 PM
  2. CA Alexander Sol Olive (4) - South Lake Tahoe CA, 1985
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 02:51 AM
  3. Bear Has Gourmet Dinner At Tahoe Shakespeare Festival
    By LinasK in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 12:31 PM